Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Detroit Speed
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Old 08-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
AACstyle

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
How to: Wire up your ORACLE Door Light Gobo Projectors

Camaro Wiring Instructions:

After you take off the door panel and install the gobo light you can then remove the door speaker. Behind the speaker there is a harness with a Red wire with a white stripe (slightly thicker than the others), this will be your power. The gobo will get power constantly and be triggered on and off by the ground (the correct way to setup LED lights).

On the driver side the ground for the door trigger is Grey w/ a Black stripe (connect black wire from gobo to this) on the passenger side it is a Tan w/ White stripe. Once you connect these the gobo will be on whenever you open the door and turn off as soon as you close the door

Just to clarify:

Driver Side-
Red wire from Gobo connects to the Red wire w/ White stripe.
Black wire from Gobo connects to the Grey wire w/ Black stripe.

Passenger Side-
Black wire from Gobo connects to the Tan wire w/ White stripe.
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
Camaro Wiring Instructions:

After you take off the door panel and install the gobo light you can then remove the door speaker. Behind the speaker there is a harness with a Red wire with a white stripe (slightly thicker than the others), this will be your power. The gobo will get power constantly and be triggered on and off by the ground (the correct way to setup LED lights).

On the driver side the ground for the door trigger is Grey w/ a Black stripe (connect black wire from gobo to this) on the passenger side it is a Tan w/ White stripe. Once you connect these the gobo will be on whenever you open the door and turn off as soon as you close the door

Just to clarify:

Driver Side-
Black wire from Gobo connects to the Grey wire w/ Black stripe.

Passenger Side-

are you certain about the tan/white on the passenger side? I see three tan wires: 1 thick solid, 1 thin solid, 1 tan/white. None seem to be a ground. Where is the door trigger anyway?
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
GTFD2

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
If you go to the middle of the door at the bottom there is a harness that runs to the rear of the door. You can find the tan/white and grey/black wires in there. Also I got a set of the lights and the drill is two small. Made a not fun project out of the installation.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
ZombieEatsYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFD2 View Post
If you go to the middle of the door at the bottom there is a harness that runs to the rear of the door. You can find the tan/white and grey/black wires in there. Also I got a set of the lights and the drill is two small. Made a not fun project out of the installation.
Thanks. I found that out Friday when working on the driver's side. I posted what I found on the other thread.

"I did find out, when working on the driver's side, that the hot and ground wires are NOT in the same bundle. On the driver's side, the hot wire in located in a bundle that runs from 12 to 6 o'clock. It then splits into two smaller bundles, one run up to the window motor, the other running to the rear and located directly under the speaker inside the door. In that bottom bundle I found a gray/black stripe wire that appears to be a ground. I verified with continuity tester before t-tapping them.

Still, I wish I knew were/how the door trigger is located. I know that I have the GOBOs lit on the driver's side now, but don't know if they actually cycle with the door open/close. As far as I know, that gray/bl wire I found is a constant ground."

AAC's instructions for these really need to be fleshed out some. Granted, the ones they posted here are better that what they sent me with the GOBOs ("connect to door power," I think was all it said) but the fact that the hot and ground wires are in separate bundles is a critical piece of information.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #5
GTFD2

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
I believe that they are located in the latching mechanism. If you engage the latch as if it was being engaged by the Nader pin the COBOs will cycle off.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #6
sam.u.el

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Rally Yellow w/ blk
Quick question: when wiring these, how do I do that? Do I need to sodder them together? I've never really dealt with wires and electricity like this so I'm kind of a noob/lost :/
sam.u.el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:37 AM   #7
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.u.el View Post
Quick question: when wiring these, how do I do that? Do I need to sodder them together? I've never really dealt with wires and electricity like this so I'm kind of a noob/lost :/
These, http://www.wiringproducts.com/contents/en-us/d297.html

You can get these at Walmart or any automotive parts store.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #8
CWI
Helping Build America

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieEatsYou View Post
are you certain about the tan/white on the passenger side? I see three tan wires: 1 thick solid, 1 thin solid, 1 tan/white. None seem to be a ground. Where is the door trigger anyway?
Did you check for continuity or you just didn't have power when you hooked it up. Maybe the BCM shut the lights off and you need to recycle the ignition? Just a thought.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
sam.u.el

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Rally Yellow w/ blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWI View Post
These, http://www.wiringproducts.com/contents/en-us/d297.html

You can get these at Walmart or any automotive parts store.
Awesome, thank you. Now forgive me because I'm a noob but how do you use these? Or where do I look on instructions on how to use them? I know.. I'm probably a lost cause
sam.u.el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2ss rs
If a pic was supplied showing the exact location of said wires on both doors, then this confusing instruction to some might end up not being confusing anymore!
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
ZombieEatsYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWI View Post
Did you check for continuity or you just didn't have power when you hooked it up. Maybe the BCM shut the lights off and you need to recycle the ignition? Just a thought.
When you take the speaker out, the power wire is in the bundle running up and down on the engine side of the hole, the ground wire is in the smaller bundle that runs to the rear of the car directly under the speaker hole.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #12
Alynix

Drives: 2011 2LT White w/ Black Strips
Do we havecany pics of the wires? Also will the just stay on when the car lights are on? Or turn off with the car or overhead lights are off

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Alynix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #13
2010txss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Here is a picture of the wires on the drivers side. I did the passenger side before I seen this post so I wired it different.
Attached Images

2010txss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:09 PM   #14
StormtrooperJun

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thanks 2010txss for posting this pic! It made my install so much easier!

Anyone have pix or success hooking up the passenger side? I tapped into the red/white for power and tan/white for ground, but no luck. I checked the lights and my wiring and they are good, but no GOBO on the passenger

Last edited by StormtrooperJun; 12-14-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Update for passenger side
StormtrooperJun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #15
2010txss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Did you get the passenger side to work?
2010txss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #16
StormtrooperJun

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010txss View Post
Did you get the passenger side to work?
Still no luck with the Passenger side. I'm going to take apart the GOBO and check if any of the soldering or anything needs some work. As long as I tapped the right wires, it'll just be a matter of time.
StormtrooperJun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #17
SoooFlyyy

Drives: 2012 IBM 1LT/RS w/ SIM Rallies
Does anyone have pictures of the passenger side?
SoooFlyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #18
moiy1983

Drives: 2010 camaro ss/rs
Anyone have on how to wire the passenger side?
HKE 416 ,F1-C Procharger with 1300hp intercooler West Coast,Stg2 CNC ported Heads,Fore Innovation Fuel System, Alky meth kit,Kooks 1 7/8 header,Corsa Exhaust,Centerforce DYAD Twin DISC,Hurst Shifter,Weld RTS wheels,BMR Rear Cradel Bushing Inserts,BMR LCA,BMR Trailing Arms,Eibach Drop,Springs..MORE TO COME!
moiy1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #19
ZombieEatsYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by moiy1983 View Post
Anyone have on how to wire the passenger side?
Passenger Side-
Red
wire from Gobo connects to the Red wire w/ White stripe.

And it's like the Driver's side, the hot and ground wires are not in the same bundle. Look at where the quick-taps are located in the pic 2-3 posts up.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #20
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Thank you for the info
Old 03-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #21
moiy1983

Drives: 2010 camaro ss/rs
I still have not had no luck wiring the passenger side. Some pictures of the passenger side would be very helpfull. Thanks!
HKE 416 ,F1-C Procharger with 1300hp intercooler West Coast,Stg2 CNC ported Heads,Fore Innovation Fuel System, Alky meth kit,Kooks 1 7/8 header,Corsa Exhaust,Centerforce DYAD Twin DISC,Hurst Shifter,Weld RTS wheels,BMR Rear Cradel Bushing Inserts,BMR LCA,BMR Trailing Arms,Eibach Drop,Springs..MORE TO COME!
moiy1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #22
CWI
Helping Build America

I just got my projectors last week. Hard to say when I will get around to installing them. I still have mods I got a year ago that aren't done yet. Working nights 6 nights a week doesn't leave enough time and winter has been a huge setback being close to Chicago. Definately won't be till it warms up around here.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #23
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFD2 View Post
So you are saying the 30mm hole saw is too small? What size did you end up using? Did anyone else have this issue. Gathering my stuff together tonight to do the install in the morning. Approximately how far back or forward on the door are you guys drilling the holes? Gonna use the pics as reference for wiring. Any other issues I should be aware of? Thx.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:50 AM   #24
ZombieEatsYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
So you are saying the 30mm hole saw is too small? What size did you end up using? Did anyone else have this issue. Gathering my stuff together tonight to do the install in the morning. Approximately how far back or forward on the door are you guys drilling the holes? Gonna use the pics as reference for wiring. Any other issues I should be aware of? Thx.
My hole saw bit was fine. Should be a simple matter to compare the diameter of the bit you received with the GOBO and tell if it's the right size.

I drilled almost directly under the trunk release button. Once you get the door panel off you'll see that there's only a certain area that is suitable.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #25
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
I did compare the bit and it looked like it would work. Im headed out now to give it a go. Hopefully with the pics supplied here I'll get them both working. Thx for the tip on the location.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote