Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
any idea?? what would you do???

Im only asking this because I have not received either letter an im kind of mad cuz I think I know why!!!!

I ordered my car on november 2nd fron my dealership. A couple weels went by an I called to change an option on the car.. And that i could possibly change one other option but i would let them knoww within the week.

This forum. ( and thank god for the knowledge you guys have) let me know something just wasnt right. I started reading about guys getting their first letter and responses from those they didnt get and some good insight from you guys as to the reason why..

i saw that for sure that you needed a order number. S i went to my paperwork that they gave that day where i was supposed to find this number --there was my 500.00 down payment reciet and paperwork on my car and the optiond I wanted.. But low and behold no order number this is now around Thanksgiving , 3 weeks after. Finally after Thanksgiving I got very worried everyone was receiving their letters but not me so on Dec. 3rd, I called my dealer an asked him why i hadnt received the letter and where was my order number????? He proceeds to tell me that he hadnt put my order in workbench yet cuz i had made changes and he still wasnt sure the ss was going to be built.

Needless to say i was extremely upset --telling them that my order should of been put in on nov. 2nd whether ive made changes or not!!! All they had to do was update the workbench__So in less than 2 mintes i was in worckbench and had an order number but i lost nearly 5 weeks in delay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now this morning I got a call from them asking if I got the new letter----of course I havent-- Im used to that -- But i asked them to verify my number on theor sold list. On nove 2nd I was first today im 2nd cuz some afrter me in nov. bought a car. Im a liyttle upset at this cuz even though I was 2nd to get my order put into workbench --I was first to order a car.

Is this wrong?? Did i get screwed???? or should I just shut up an except it????
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Well, I guess it depends on the individual dealer I suppose.

My brother placed an order for his C6, and was given an order number, etc., and there were several occassions where he had to make changes to his order, either due to his change of mind, or a restriction on an option he chose. But his order was still placed.

As for being #1 versus #2 at your dealer, to me, that wouldn't big a huge concern. Making sure my order was placed - THAT would be my biggest concern.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #3
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
If your credit / money is good you'll get a car don't worry about it is what I would say. If you changed an option you might of caused an issue with financing as they might needed to approve and process it. Or GM could of just pushed your build estimate back simply because you added something that would not be ready or planned till after the line was up and running.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #4
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Leatherneck, I don't blame you for being upset, but as long as you have an order number now I wouldn't worry about it too much. Even if you went to another dealer now, that isn't going to gain you anything at this point. I would wait until January 5th (from the other letter thread) to see if you get a letter. If you do, then I would just stick with your order. Besides, at this point, we don't really know how these cars are going to be produced (meaning in what specific order) so we don't really know when any of us are going to get our cars. I would relax (as best as any of us can) and see what happens. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
thanks guy.....

i have no clue about the car industry and value yours guys judgement--i do have an order number now as of dec. 3rd --so i take you advice sit and wait and hope wit the reat of you
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
i have no clue about the car industry and value yours guys judgement--i do have an order number now as of dec. 3rd --so i take you advice sit and wait and hope wit the reat of you
Hang in there...the wait will be worth it.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #7
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
I thought the order of allocation was up to the dealers. If they wanted to, they could put the 20th person in the 1st slot as long as GM hasn't taken the orders for production (wich hasn't been done yet). If this is true, I would suggest asking them to place you back into the number one slot since they made the mistake. Screw the second person, you were there first.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:40 PM   #8
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
I thought the order of allocation was up to the dealers. If they wanted to, they could put the 20th person in the 1st slot as long as GM hasn't taken the orders for production (wich hasn't been done yet). If this is true, I would suggest asking them to place you back into the number one slot since they made the mistake. Screw the second person, you were there first.
Sean, the issue is that we don't know how the cars are going to be made. The dealer can put a priority number on your order, but that is only dealer significant. GM can produce the cars in whatever order they want. So his #2 order at his current dealer may get produced before the #1 order at another dealer. #1 or #2, I don't think it will make that big of a difference.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #9
Haloman1346
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
LOL getting no letter at all is better than the letter I got.

My letter was from my dealership with my deposit back. Suck to be you not getting a letter. Sucks to be me even more =(.
Haloman1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:08 AM   #10
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
No order # = no letter.....

Worried about the SS coming out, or worried about the dealerships status in a few months? Any INFORMED dealership wouldn't have a worry about the SS's arrival......
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote