Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Gaming Lounge For all the gamers out there - consoles, PC, etc.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
WoW: Cataclysm

Ok, someone had to start... why not. So I know there are a lot of 'recovered' WoW addicts and people who hate WoW in general. But I'm shamelessly addicted

So, who's got the new expansion preordered?
Old 10-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
I dont have it preordered but I am totally stoked it has a release date!!!!!!!!! Will probably preorder at the date gets closer.
For the Horde - Moonrunner!

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
gHoSt437

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS
Still have the collector's edition pre-ordered, but may cancel or just sell it on ebay a few months after release. I grew tired of WoW (grinding and easy raids that got really boring) and quit in early July. Really don't have any plans to return to the game even with Cat coming out. The game just became to dumbed down in wotlk. You used to know what players/guilds where good back in the day depending on what gear they had. Today any 10 year old nub can get end game gear with little effort and have no idea how to play their class...saw it every time I ran a daily random.

Plus it was hard to see while pretty much addicted to the game but it really was taking a toll on my life. I'd do nothing but play 6-12+ hours a day if I could while pretty much ignoring friends, family, not to mention getting 4 hours of sleep staying up raiding every night when I had to work the next day. It was just really making a negative impact on my life.

Getting bored was probably the best thing for me because after stepping away for a few weeks I was able to finally see what had happened and realize wtf I'd been doing. It wasn't all bad though as I met some really cool peeps, and had allot of fun over the years...its just not for me anymore.
gHoSt437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Have 9 level 80's and I stopped playing wow about 5 months ago. I will try and sell my account. Like Ghost i played way to much. Enjoyed it, but played like an addict.
I will probably get addicted to another game later, but at least I have my fiancee and a job to keep me to a restraint now.

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
I played for about 18 months... Thankfully, I am a recovered addict!
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
I am done with WoW and I am not turning back. Its on to bigger and better things like SWTOR.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
Brokinarrow

I once knew a fellow Marine that took a week of leave to play WoW And we were stationed in Okinawa... a SUBTROPICAL FREAKING ISLAND!! what a waste of leave time
Anywho, I took a nice break from WoW for a while as well, then slowly got back into it once WotLK came out. I have a few friends (and my girlfriend) that play as well, so that kind of helps keep it fresh.
Definitely looking forward to the revamped world that Blizzard has created. And the Worgen may actually give me a reason to play Alliance now
Old 10-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #8
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore

Drives: Stick
I pity the foo' who plays world of warcraft.

Actually, I thought it was an ok game but not worth the 15 bucks a month. I rather enjoyed my Troll warrior (fury build).
- X
Old 10-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #9
WOLFINN_2SS
Wuf! Wuf! *Low Growl*

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 IBM/S HUD SR ATAK
ok ok... I have Cat preorderd.. and yes.. been playin' since it came out.
Yes, been playin' MMO's for over 15 years and actually started with EQ1 because my wife looked like the Elf chick on the box. LOL. Not kidding, my wife looked at the box and said wtf? lmao... First time I ever heard her cuss full out. haha... but she is brunette, not a blonde elf.

Yep, she plays too.

I have 8 - 80's now and she has a few.

Now.. .. if I could just play Warcraft in my car .. it'd be heaven.

oh btw.. love pvp more than pve. RP is fun and pvpers who don't like RPer's try to gank me and die (have full Wrath atm), go figure! lol
Old 10-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #10
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I used to have run rolling around in 5 piece felheart gear as a soul link build. =P in Nagrand and walrus town.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
Jessica-Rocks-
One hot mess

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
I played WoW since release, waited at Best Buy for midnight releases, went to all Blizzcons except the one coming up in a few days. :( I finally stopped playing 7 months ago. At Blizz-con when it was announced, I was very involved with the game (I was the same for Burning Crusade and Lich King) I was going to play it... then I just stepped back and realized I am pretty pale and maybe need to see the sun. I did play the beta for a bit just to see but it just did not do it for me anymore.
Jessica-Rocks- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #12
Tiesun

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I've been playing off and on for about two years now. I have my main which is an 80 Rogue, and several decent level alts between 20-74.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #13
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
Just started playing. Have one level 16. Lol
Old 10-12-2010, 09:52 AM   #14
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS M6
I've been playing since the open beta way back in 2004. I've had times that I took a break for 2-3 months but never really quit. I am going to pre-order Cataclysm, 2 copies of the collector's edition... One for me and one for the wife! She plays it, too. I have 2 80's since I really hate leveling but she has 5 and 3 others that are still 70. She started playing shortly after we got married. She was a Sims and DDR girl before we met so it wasn't much of a stretch to get her playing MMO's.

My first MMO was Everquest back in 2001. I played Diablo 2 before that but not on battle.net, just local LAN games. My brother and I played together back then. We stayed with EQ up through Omens Of War but by then Star Wars Galaxies had come out and we swapped between the 2. In 2004 when WoW released its open beta, we started playing that and a little bit of SWG. From then on its been only WoW.

So I play on Elune (Kresch, 80 Human DK) and have 1 character on Area 52 (Kellorn, 80 Blood Elf Pally) if ya'll are on those servers hit me up sometime. We had switched from Alliance to horde and changed servers but got tired of how overpopulated Area 52 is so we went back to Alliance on Elune. Just have had the funds to switch my paladin back yet.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #15
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

all servers are down until 2pm pst...boo.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #16
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
all servers are down until 2pm pst...boo.
Yup, BIG patch today, lots of changes. Not sure how thrilled I am that they are taking out ammo for hunters. On the one hand, it is cool that I won't have to worry about it. On the other... my saronite arrows add 65 dps... am I going to LOSE that now?? That's gonna make a huge difference in the damage i put out... Guess we'll see when I get home.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #17
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Yup, BIG patch today, lots of changes. Not sure how thrilled I am that they are taking out ammo for hunters. On the one hand, it is cool that I won't have to worry about it. On the other... my saronite arrows add 65 dps... am I going to LOSE that now?? That's gonna make a huge difference in the damage i put out... Guess we'll see when I get home.
I have a hunter as well. Obviously the damage my arrows put out is not as much. lol I was under the impression that there would still be ammo, we just wouldn't need to go out and buy more. Just be unlimited. I guess we'll see.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #18
Brokinarrow

Quote:
I have a hunter as well. Obviously the damage my arrows put out is not as much. lol I was under the impression that there would still be ammo, we just wouldn't need to go out and buy more. Just be unlimited. I guess we'll see.
I hope you're right
Old 10-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #19
aet08

Drives: c
for the horde
aet08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #20
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Quote:
I hope you're right
Aren't hunters not known for their melée attack? Would really blow to take arrows away
Old 10-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #21
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Aren't hunters not known for their melée attack? Would really blow to take arrows away
Well the way I understood is you won't carry ammo, you'll just shoot. What was left unclear was whether you will have a specific ammo type that still gives you a DPS boost or not.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #22
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
I quit 3 and a half years ago. I started playing day one when the game came out. I bought the first expansion and got my main up to level 70 and was 70 for one week then decided to quit. Sold my account the next day to a Chinese farmer. My renewal was coming up the next week and I couldn't see paying another 3 month subscription for a game that was getting boring for me.

I missed my epic mounts though. I had a 18 slot bag of nothing but epic mounts (which was attained BEFORE they changed the cost of the riding skill and mounts which cost an estimated 50k gold to get exalted and buy all the mounts), even had the Baron mount, AV mount and both ZG mounts. I even made a macro that would summon one randomly every time I rode.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #23
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I quit 3 and a half years ago. I started playing day one when the game came out. I bought the first expansion and got my main up to level 70 and was 70 for one week then decided to quit. Sold my account the next day to a Chinese farmer. My renewal was coming up the next week and I couldn't see paying another 3 month subscription for a game that was getting boring for me.

I missed my epic mounts though. I had a 18 slot bag of nothing but epic mounts (which was attained BEFORE they changed the cost of the riding skill and mounts which cost an estimated 50k gold to get exalted and buy all the mounts), even had the Baron mount, AV mount and both ZG mounts. I even made a macro that would summon one randomly every time I rode.
That is impressive, one of my guildies was up to 70ish mounts last I heard (this was of course after the changes you mentioned).
Old 10-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #24
Eric's Blue

Drives: Cybergray 1SS
Anyone on Hellscream?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #25
gHoSt437

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS
Quote:
That is impressive, one of my guildies was up to 70ish mounts last I heard (this was of course after the changes you mentioned).
I need to either quit reading this thread or finally uninstall the game...you peeps are making me miss WoW after being sober 3 months

I was up to 107 mounts when I quit...yes I was an achievement whore getting close to being OVER 9000!!! ;P
gHoSt437 is offline   Reply With Quote