Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Gaming Lounge For all the gamers out there - consoles, PC, etc.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Grand Turismo 5 Facepalm Edition

Hope you didn't have your hearts set on picking it up Nov 2nd.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/13/s...d-again-again/

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Fail.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2000 Ford Ranger XLT Regular Cab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
All of you will still buy it! That's how good it is. I know I will. I'd rather have it be delayed and delayed and have it come out perfect than have it come out early and be Forza 3!

Old 10-13-2010, 03:35 PM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
All of you will still buy it! That's how good it is. I know I will. I'd rather have it be delayed and delayed and have it come out perfect than have it come out early and be Forza 3!

I don't think it's going to be perfect... I haven't seen anything about drag racing. I really like the format Forza uses for mod'ing and tuning the cars; I don't think it's going to be as good. I'm liking a lot of many of the other features I'm seeing, but I could give a poop about Kart racing.

My hopes have completely deminished. The only good thing that will come of this delay is I'll have more time to spend on CODBO.
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I don't know if i'll still get it. I'm pretty happy with Forza 3. I might eventually pick it up but I just don't seem to care any more. After GT3 I was pretty much over GT. I never even got 4. We'll see I guess.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
How long has this game been in development? Most games I've heard of with abnormally long 'gestation' periods come out horrible. Example: Too Human, Alan Wake
Old 10-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Old 10-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
Brokinarrow

Quote:
perfect
Old 10-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #9
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
How long has this game been in development? Most games I've heard of with abnormally long 'gestation' periods come out horrible. Example: Too Human, Alan Wake
What - like almost TEN YEARS?!!! Unbelievable. Typically - I'm one of those who ask if one would rather have a half-a$$ed game now or a completed game later? This is just getting rediculous...

Quote:
This...
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
Old 10-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #10
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Quote:
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #11
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
What - like almost TEN YEARS?!!! Unbelievable. Typically - I'm one of those who ask if one would rather have a half-a$$ed game now or a completed game later? This is just getting rediculous...
Too Human was literally in development for 10 years. Originally was planned as a 4 disc game for PlayStation in 1999, FINALLY got released as an xbox 360 game in 2008. Thing is, from the graphics and gameplay mechanics... it MIGHT have been impressive as an originall xbox game. As a 360 game it was awful.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:50 PM   #12
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Too Human was literally in development for 10 years. Originally was planned as a 4 disc game for PlayStation in 1999, FINALLY got released as an xbox 360 game in 2008. Thing is, from the graphics and gameplay mechanics... it MIGHT have been impressive as an originall xbox game. As a 360 game it was awful.
Hmm... I'm not too worried about that. From what we've been shown, it looks KILLER. I'm just worried it's going to be missing some things that I really like from FM3. I have confidence gameplay and physics are going to be there... I hope... Who knows now?...
Old 10-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #13
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I have to buy a PS3 first, so I have more time now.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

I hear from GTPlanet that Sony should announce the new release date by the end of this month. There's also speculation they want to tune it more to spur sales of 3D accessories and TVs...

Go over to GTPlanet for more details

A couple posts I grabbed:

GTPlanet Post

Fans are still feeling the sting from Gran Turismo 5’s postponed November release date, but hopefully we won’t have to wait too much longer to find out the game’s new date according to this tweet by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe:

Yes, the GT5 European has also been delayed, we are sorry to say. We expect to confirm a new release date before the end of the month.

Of course, considering the “holiday season” was mentioned as a release target in their original announcement, this shouldn’t come as much of a surprise but hopefully will help calm the fears of concerned fans.

GTPlanet Post 2

Eurogamer has some interesting comments from financial and industry analysts on what the delay means for Sony and the PlayStation brand this fall during the critical Christmas sales season.

Capital Research’s Jesse Divnich: ”I don’t believe a GT5 delay impacts Sony’s current momentum. GT5 is such an anticipated title that delays are unlikely to impact consumer’s purchase intent. Whether released a week later or the last week of December, sales will be astronomical.”

Wedbush Securities’ Michael Pachter: “Without knowing the date, it’s impossible to say,” he said. “If it’s a week, no impact. If after Need for Speed, they could lose some momentum.”

M2 Research’s Billy Pidgeon: ”Another delay on Gran Turismo is disappointing, especially to the most enthusiastic fans of the franchise. Still, there have been so many delays that another one is not surprising. Obviously, there’s not much time left in the holiday season so Yamauchi and Polyphony have got to go gold within two months.

I wouldn’t revise PS3 uptake estimates on this news as it is still possible GT5 is released in Q4 2010 or Q1 2011 and is likely to spur new and upgrade console sales. Sony has set the visuals bar pretty high with Gran Turismo,” he offered, “so it is crucial that the graphics (as seen on HDTV and in stereoscopic 3D with camera-based head tracking) impress the critics and the fans. Gran Turismo 5’s timely release is perhaps even more crucial to Sony’s 3D TV division than it is to PS3. In-store demos of GT5 may be the best case Sony can make to consumers for 3D TV.”

Sounds a little like the delays are more to sell Sony products... I hope that's not totally the case, per se. I want the best product possible, but you gotta' draw the line somewhere...
Old 10-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #15
BigRigMike

Drives: 2010 Ford Fusion
I am blocked from most gaming sites at work but it looks like the rumor now is that PD was 3 days late getting the game to production. I would assume that this means the game is ready to go and will be running down the production line soon.

I am really hoping for Nov 9 because I am starting a new job mid Nov and will have to live with my in-laws during the transition. I think I need this game to keep my sanity during that time.

Below is a quote from someone on Amazon:

"It has been delayed due to production problems. Polyphony was polishing some final aspects of the game and was 3 days late in turning over the game to production facilities. So that has completely screwed up production schedule, so now we are just waiting for the game to get a production spot in the Blu-Ray plant."
BigRigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #16
rikelme90

Drives: 2010 black 1lt rs camaro
Send a message via AIM to rikelme90
the brightside of this delay is that i will have more time to buy a racing wheel.
i also had an idea to buy a camaro seat and have the racing wheel, pedal, and shift connect it to it. that would be the coolest thing ever!
Old 10-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #17
Jay_LHD3

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikelme90 View Post
the brightside of this delay is that i will have more time to buy a racing wheel.
i also had an idea to buy a camaro seat and have the racing wheel, pedal, and shift connect it to it. that would be the coolest thing ever!
Make it look like this!!

Name:  img1.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  85.2 KB

Old 10-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #18
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Looks like I may just buy NFS to tide me over.....
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #19
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I have no interest in GT5. they can just keep it for all I care. I liked Forza. good stuff there and they put out more than one game every million years.....

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #20
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Looks like I may just buy NFS to tide me over.....
I thought about that, but I couldn't stand the last two, and didn't even get very far into Shift. I should just trade those turds (IMVHO) in... Aren't they getting back into more running from the Law and stuff in this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
I have no interest in GT5. they can just keep it for all I care. I liked Forza. good stuff there and they put out more than one game every million years.....
I feel like Turn10 really nickle-and-dimes us on that game though. For all the $$$ I've spent on the one or two cars from each Car Pack, I should feel like I got a better value or something. I don't like the Drag Mode in that game, either - it's half-a$$ed, IMO. I don't think GT5 is coming with one, though, so that's sucks for me. I like MANY aspects of FM3, though. I have like a dozen tunes for my seven SSs, lol. I even have two versions of my Z28, LOL.

Ugh - I'm awful...

Some more info', but nothing helpful yet...:

GTPlanet Post 1

A GameReactor associate in Tokyo, Gregor Wildermann, has reportedly made contact with Polyphony Digital and Kazunori Yamauchi for further clarification on Gran Turismo 5’s production status:

[Kazunori Yamauchi's] reply was that the game was only three days late from their side, and that Sony has to decide what that means for the release.

This aligns with the other information I’ve received about review copies and release windows, and further suggests that GT5’s ultimate new release date will be determined by Blu-Ray production schedules – not software development.

GTPlanet Post 2

More information is slowly filtering out about GT5’s delay, and it fits in neatly with everything else we’ve learned about the game’s production in the past 24 hours. Here’s what was recently posted by Maximus – a respected moderator at the Blu-Ray.com forums with reported connections to Sony:

Like I said it is manufacturing issues. I had it confirmed today.

The problem arose when SCE mandated SDK 350 on all games releasing after after October, GT5 was about to go gold running on SDK 341, but it has been delayed by around a week so that they can update to SDK 350. This has caused a big headache for the manufacturing side, given how big this game is missing the gold date by even a week can cause a months worth of delay as slots are already taken up at this time of year for Blu-ray movies and such. So Sony had to find a 3 week slot big enough to make 7m+ copies of this and get them shipped out.

If you want to blame anyone, I would direct it at the pirates and hackers, SCE never had any real SDK restrictions before firmware 3.41 was compromised.

After getting attention from news outlets such as Eurogamer and TheSixthAxis, evidence of the post has since been removed, but it offers a very reasonable explanation about why Polyphony Digital missed their production window by only 3 days. Sure enough, the new PS3 3.50 firmware is considerably more secure than 3.41 and preventing distribution of a 3.41-compatible GT5 will ensure that it can’t be pirated (for now).

Thanks to all of you who sent this in so quickly!
Old 10-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #21
Edge.128

I try to stay away from the DLC. but it seems like some of those cars should have been in the main game.... so ya in a way I agree they are just out for money for the cars they know we want. and the drag racing was pretty lame.

one thing I don't like about these games is the AI seems too easy on the low and medium but they is way too hard on the hard setting. seems like there is no middle ground so if your not hardcore into tuning your cars for the hard setting you will loose every time. I dont' like that.

oh well overall I'm pretty much done with racing games until something extra special comes along....

Old 10-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #22
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post
I try to stay away from the DLC. but it seems like some of those cars should have been in the main game.... so ya in a way I agree they are just out for money for the cars they know we want. and the drag racing was pretty lame.

one thing I don't like about these games is the AI seems too easy on the low and medium but they is way too hard on the hard setting. seems like there is no middle ground so if your not hardcore into tuning your cars for the hard setting you will loose every time. I dont' like that.

oh well overall I'm pretty much done with racing games until something extra special comes along....
on the difficulty settings! I always leave them on hard, but SHEESH!!! They make me earn any wins, LOL!

I'm hoping GT5 will have that special...
Old 10-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #23
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I thought about that, but I couldn't stand the last two, and didn't even get very far into Shift. I should just trade those turds (IMVHO) in... Aren't they getting back into more running from the Law and stuff in this one?
I got Shift and got fairly far in the game but ultimately found it too frustrating to play. The physics was just a bit off, and the AI of the other drivers was out to murder you all the time. There is only so much getting bashed into you can take. That and the fact that to get certain achievements in the game you had to bash the crap out of people. Online play was a bit laggy as well.

The new game is similar to the classic NFS titles with you running form the cops, or playing as the cops.
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #24
Edge.128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
I got Shift and got fairly far in the game but ultimately found it too frustrating to play. The physics was just a bit off, and the AI of the other drivers was out to murder you all the time. There is only so much getting bashed into you can take. That and the fact that to get certain achievements in the game you had to bash the crap out of people. Online play was a bit laggy as well.

The new game is similar to the classic NFS titles with you running form the cops, or playing as the cops.
i always liked playing as the cops, especially with the spike belts but there really wasn't much point to it all. just the fun of it I guess....

ya I hate when the AI is just out to take you off the track no matter what. Forza is like that at times your on your line and they want it so they just smash you into a wall or something. not very realistic....

Old 10-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #25
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit for Xbox 360 anyone?
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote