Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) Driveshafts | Differentials | Gears | Rearends | Clutch | Shifters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Any A6 60's with a 4.10 gear??

I'm killing myself flip flopping on what gear to do and just wanted to see if any A6 guys, that have made the swap to 4.10's, can tell me what kind of improvments at the track they have seen. Ted, who I trust, built the car, and hasn't been wrong with me yet, says go 4.10's. Mainly bc of the weight of the car. Half the people I ask agree. Now the other half say no more than a 3.73 bc of the PD blower. So right now I don't know WTF to do. And the other 2 Jannetty cars stepped up to the Driveshaft shop 9" so I need to make a move to keep up! Thanks guys!

Last edited by Supercharged SS; 10-13-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: I was corrected!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Bigdog
 
Bigdog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 80
Jamie, I went with The Driveshaft Shop 9" conversion, not Hendrix.

I've still got that lightly used 4.10 rear
__________________
9.82 @ 139 mph
Vortech YSI cog drive supercharger w/ JRE Upgrade Pack
Untouched LS3 Long block sans the Cam and valvetrain
14.5 psi boost
JRE Rough Idle Blower Cam
ADM Fuel system & Injector Dynamics ID-1000s
ARH 2 inch Headers, off road pipes
TCI TH400 Trans & 5000rpm stall w/trans brake
DSS 9 inch conversion with 3.93
Bogart Wheels and Hoosier tires
Jannetty Racing tuned 800 rwhp
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
Jamie, I went with The Driveshaft Shop 9" conversion, not Hendrix.

I've still got that lightly used 4.10 rear

Beat it! You guys are going to make me poor! I do need a new mooring for my smaller boat so I guess I'll take your junky parts from you.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #4
danhr
BAMF SS
 
danhr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ford City, PA
Posts: 2,050
Send a message via AIM to danhr
This might become an interesting topic...
__________________
Bragging about a car that you paid someone to pick the parts and install them for you, is like paying someone to bang your wife, and then bragging about the kid.
"I'm sorry officer, no, I do not know why you pulled me over."
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:55 PM   #5
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
This might become an interesting topic...

Plus I'm impatient and want to get something done pretty quick so we'll all see the outcome is and decide if I f*&ked up or struck gold!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
fastfaster
Account Suspended
 
Drives: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I'm killing myself flip flopping on what gear to do and just wanted to see if any A6 guys, that have made the swap to 4.10's, can tell me what kind of improvments at the track they have seen. Ted, who I trust, built the car, and hasn't been wrong with me yet, says go 4.10's. Mainly bc of the weight of the car. Half the people I ask agree. Now the other half say no more than a 3.73 bc of the PD blower. So right now I don't know WTF to do. And the other 2 Jannetty cars stepped up to the Driveshaft shop 9" so I need to make a move to keep up! Thanks guys!
your such a wuss...so i'll make it easy for you. try my diff and super duper axles without paying me. if you like 'em you can pay for them. if you dont like 'em, just give them back.
no risk for my buddy
fastfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfaster View Post
your such a wuss...so i'll make it easy for you. try my diff and super duper axles without paying me. if you like 'em you can pay for them. if you dont like 'em, just give them back.
no risk for my buddy

Maybe Ill just take them and run for the border. I think Mexico is having a 5th gen camaro race soon.

With my luck I toast the rear in the burnout box and still be out $$$$
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #8
Capthowdy

 
Capthowdy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Lauderdale Fl
Posts: 1,048
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
what a Baargrin.......can I be tour buddy?lol
__________________
THE "MENACE"
Capthowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:43 PM   #9
fastfaster
Account Suspended
 
Drives: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Maybe Ill just take them and run for the border. I think Mexico is having a 5th gen camaro race soon.

With my luck I toast the rear in the burnout box and still be out $$$$
even easier.....if you break them-you dont pay! just give me back the metal shavings.
fastfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #10
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,973
Ted says 4.10's, go with 4.10's , I'm going with 4.10's in my A6 when I'm ready to have Jannetty do my gears.
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #11
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfaster View Post
even easier.....if you break them-you dont pay! just give me back the metal shavings.

I'm working on someone for the axles. I just want your rear!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #12
fastfaster
Account Suspended
 
Drives: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I'm working on someone for the axles. I just want your rear!
take the rear and try it out. lets see what happens!
no risk to you.
fastfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:04 PM   #13
fastfaster
Account Suspended
 
Drives: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posts: 483
take it and try it out. if you like it you buy it for 1/2 of what it cost me. if you break it, you owe nothing. if you hate it, just give it back.
best regards,
ray
ps.. i feel like the little devil on ones shoulder
fastfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #14
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfaster View Post
take it and try it out. if you like it you buy it for 1/2 of what it cost me. if you break it, you owe nothing. if you hate it, just give it back.
best regards,
ray
ps.. i feel like the little devil on ones shoulder

Between you and Don I don't know who is worse. I feel like the little brother and you guys are egging me on to do something bad! And Uncle Ted is in the corner laughing! What a happy disfunctional family.

I emailed you back!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:47 PM   #15
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
All right Ray, lets get this done. I can't be in the 10's any longer!I'm going to email Ted just to see how much to swap and when yours will be out. I'll be there Friday for trailing arms. The deal is just to sweet to pass up and that is what Teds wants me to do anyway so we are all happy! I'll email you tomorrow but get back to me with a number from the email I sent you. I guess you went to bed already. You have to be up early to start the money press! You've bought many shiny parts this wk.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #16
fastfaster
Account Suspended
 
Drives: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
All right Ray, lets get this done. I can't be in the 10's any longer!I'm going to email Ted just to see how much to swap and when yours will be out. I'll be there Friday for trailing arms. The deal is just to sweet to pass up and that is what Teds wants me to do anyway so we are all happy! I'll email you tomorrow but get back to me with a number from the email I sent you. I guess you went to bed already. You have to be up early to start the money press! You've bought many shiny parts this wk.
are you taking my last offered deal?
fastfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #17
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfaster View Post
are you taking my last offered deal?

Hell yeah, didnt you get my email from two seconds after you made it to me at 10 this am.
I also asked if you wanted me to come down and pay up before you send some goons over to get it!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #18
fastfaster
Account Suspended
 
Drives: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Hell yeah, didnt you get my email from two seconds after you made it to me at 10 this am.
I also asked if you wanted me to come down and pay up before you send some goons over to get it!
i trust ya
fastfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #19
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Yeah yeah, but I just want to be all settled up. Where are just waiting on your 9" to show. Then I'm all set. Hopefully soon. The rental for tomorrow got moved to next Friday. When are you going to Teds next?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #20
Slowhawk
LSX specialty shop

 
Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bridgewater,Ma
Posts: 1,696
You need the converter loosened.
__________________


Bridgewater, Ma
(508)659-4454
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #21
fastfaster
Account Suspended
 
Drives: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Yeah yeah, but I just want to be all settled up. Where are just waiting on your 9" to show. Then I'm all set. Hopefully soon. The rental for tomorrow got moved to next Friday. When are you going to Teds next?
hell, you can take my rear now if you want. my car is staying at jannetty's until my kryptonite rear is installed.
fastfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #22
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
You need the converter loosened.


One thing at a time over here. You guys are gd at spending my money before I can make it. But Don, I though about that, wouldn't that make things worse? Then I'll be dead center in the power and really kill the tires. If this doesn't work then we can try that. Ray gave me a killer dealer I couldnt say no. Trust me I tried and he kept pushing me until I fell off the fence. This is what Ted wanted to do. So we'll try and see. Now its at the point where we need to try and see what works. The other Jannetty big Gun, not Ray but Don , is going through the same thing.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #23
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfaster View Post
hell, you can take my rear now if you want. my car is staying at jannetty's until my kryptonite rear is installed.

Dont you think I tried that. I got shut down but I didn't push it. I dont think they want to imobilze the car just yet. Maybe a day or two before they can put it on Nicks lift and get me done for Friday but you better be there to see this S*%t.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #24
fastfaster
Account Suspended
 
Drives: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Dont you think I tried that. I got shut down but I didn't push it. I dont think they want to imobilze the car just yet. Maybe a day or two before they can put it on Nicks lift and get me done for Friday but you better be there to see this S*%t.
my diff will be very happy to be along for the ride. at least i can say part of my car went 9's.
fastfaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #25
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 12,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfaster View Post
my diff will be very happy to be along for the ride. at least i can say part of my car went 9's.

Wishful thinking! Hopefully it hooks. We should prob stop crapping up this guys thread. After all he did have a valid question at one point. So when are you headed over to Teds again?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear End Gears 101 danhr V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) 70 11-02-2014 09:37 AM
4.10 Gear Failure Info GrinderSS V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) 2 10-07-2010 10:28 PM
4.10 or 3.73 Gear & Install Kit Combo Apex Paul Transmission / Driveline 21 08-21-2010 02:55 PM
3.73 and 4.10 gear issues flht99b V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) 35 06-13-2010 04:44 PM
anybody tried 4.10 gear in bone stock 10 ss? curious. taliaferro.auto.body Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 8 05-17-2010 01:17 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.