Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #337
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by shl4Z28 View Post
Hey Orange Krate,

What a fun read. I'm sitting here in the San Fernando Valley IMpatiently waiting for the ZL1. I hope to have as much fun as you did waiting for my baby to get here!

Seems like you had a good experience with your dealer. Do you recommend them?
shl4Z28... Thanks for stopping into the official Orange Krate thread! It has been a fun ride. Its funny you should ask about the dealer (Wm. L. Morris - Simi Valley) I bought my car from as I just came from there and they have 7 brand new Camaros, of different flavors, parked out front and apparently 20 more on the way according to their CFO that I talked with. I can tell you without a doubt my salesman went out of his way to help make my car a reality. They kept me informed and they delivered the car at the lowest price of the 13 different dealerships I went to. Dealing with them is an option, however you can also consider using any of the Cam5.com sponsors that also sell Camaros. They are all a bunch of good folks from what I can tell. I will PM you some additional information. Thanks again and hope to see you in person in a ZL1 soon!
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #338
shl4Z28
 
shl4Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
shl4Z28... Thanks for stopping into the official Orange Krate thread! It has been a fun ride. Its funny you should ask about the dealer (Wm. L. Morris - Simi Valley) I bought my car from as I just came from there and they have 7 brand new Camaros, of different flavors, parked out front and apparently 20 more on the way according to their CFO that I talked with. I can tell you without a doubt my salesman went out of his way to help make my car a reality. They kept me informed and they delivered the car at the lowest price of the 13 different dealerships I went to. Dealing with them is an option, however you can also consider using any of the Cam5.com sponsors that also sell Camaros. They are all a bunch of good folks from what I can tell. I will PM you some additional information. Thanks again and hope to see you in person in a ZL1 soon!
Thanks Krate, you da man!
shl4Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:11 AM   #339
DerbyChamp06
 
DerbyChamp06's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Derby thank you for your compliment of my extraordinary wife. I met her in June 1985 when I was looking for a new dentist office and she was the office manager/dental assistant (3 person office). It was love at first sight. Our first date was on New Year's Eve 1986; we were married a year later. I actually found my wife in the Yellow Pages as the story goes. I was on a paramedic shift and during some downtime opened the Yellow Pages to "Dentists"... closed my eyes, pointed to a dentist, opened my eyes and called what turned out to be her office. True luck of the draw!

As for T-Shirts and Hats... I am going to explore the options you presented! I tried to get the orange Ray Bans but the local opthamologist that sells them was less than helpful so I will look more online. I am also looking for a lightweight ORANGE windbreaker! Its all good as they say!
Lucky Guy!

Hopefully you can find a more helpful optician! I bought my clubmaster frames off ebay, and had local Lenscrafters put the prescript lenses in (250.00 for the polarized lenses alone...yikes!) Be careful when buying off ebay, as the wayfarers are sometimes counterfeits. You can also buy directly from Ray Ban, but then you pay retail of course.

Windbreaker season not too far away here in MN! Finally time to hang up the heavy parka coats!
__________________
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:50 AM   #340
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
Lucky Guy!

Hopefully you can find a more helpful optician! I bought my clubmaster frames off ebay, and had local Lenscrafters put the prescript lenses in (250.00 for the polarized lenses alone...yikes!) Be careful when buying off ebay, as the wayfarers are sometimes counterfeits. You can also buy directly from Ray Ban, but then you pay retail of course.

Windbreaker season not too far away here in MN! Finally time to hang up the heavy parka coats!
My local optician wanted $750.00 for two sets of lenses!!! I told them they were smoking crack and walked. They seem to be short on memory. I bought two pairs of glasses from them with lenses for $350.00 two years ago. I just wanted replacement lenses and my eyes did not change to coke bottle thickness so unless they were importing from Carl Zeiss directly, I have no idea why the price tripled. Lets see...glasses or ghost stripes? We know the answer there. Stripes!!
__________________

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #341
OrangeVert
"Catharine"
 
OrangeVert's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
My local optician wanted $750.00 for two sets of lenses!!! I told them they were smoking crack and walked. They seem to be short on memory. I bought two pairs of glasses from them with lenses for $350.00 two years ago. I just wanted replacement lenses and my eyes did not change to coke bottle thickness so unless they were importing from Carl Zeiss directly, I have no idea why the price tripled. Lets see...glasses or ghost stripes? We know the answer there. Stripes!!
Orange Krate, it sounds like your optician may be the one who needs glasses! Unless those were sepcial specs designed to enhance the brilliant glow of I/O maybe? Seriously, your ride doesn't need anything for special viewing, as he stands handsomely on his own!

And yes I agree, the overpayment would be much better spent on stripes and/or other mods!
__________________
OrangeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:05 PM   #342
DerbyChamp06
 
DerbyChamp06's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
My local optician wanted $750.00 for two sets of lenses!!! I told them they were smoking crack and walked. They seem to be short on memory. I bought two pairs of glasses from them with lenses for $350.00 two years ago. I just wanted replacement lenses and my eyes did not change to coke bottle thickness so unless they were importing from Carl Zeiss directly, I have no idea why the price tripled. Lets see...glasses or ghost stripes? We know the answer there. Stripes!!
Yes, definitely shop around! I was initially skeptical about going to the big chain Lencrafters (not sure if they're national?) but have been pleased overall. They make the lenses in an hour on-site at store, so if somethings not right, they can be remade quickly. They also have a 90 day guarantee/exchange policy, which I recently took advantage of. Prices are more reasonable too. Don't give up on those Orange Wayfarers....they are beckoning you
__________________
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #343
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
Yes, definitely shop around! I was initially skeptical about going to the big chain Lencrafters (not sure if they're national?) but have been pleased overall. They make the lenses in an hour on-site at store, so if somethings not right, they can be remade quickly. They also have a 90 day guarantee/exchange policy, which I recently took advantage of. Prices are more reasonable too. Don't give up on those Orange Wayfarers....they are beckoning you
I am definately working on the Wayfarers. Last Saturday I ordered a $50.00 orange XL windbreaker online. It was on sale for $13.00!!! I think this has been one of the best buys I have found online thus far accept for the $400.00 Steinhausen watch I picked up from an auction house for $40.00! But I am still looking for that Orange Chevy watch! Hey I gotta save some money somewhere for upgrades!?!

Can you believe we are suppose to get more rain this Friday and Saturday??? Why weekends??? I am suppose to go to the So Cal GM (and others) test drive event at Hollywood Park on Saturday and then to the Hurst/B&M Car Show on Sunday!!! NO RAIN!!!!! I hope this doesn't stretch out into CamaroFest! That could get ugly in the Arizona desert with rain storms like we have been having.
__________________

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #344
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS
 
ChvyBoss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
I am definately working on the Wayfarers. Last Saturday I ordered a $50.00 orange XL windbreaker online. It was on sale for $13.00!!! I think this has been one of the best buys I have found online thus far accept for the $400.00 Steinhausen watch I picked up from an auction house for $40.00! But I am still looking for that Orange Chevy watch! Hey I gotta save some money somewhere for upgrades!?!

Can you believe we are suppose to get more rain this Friday and Saturday??? Why weekends??? I am suppose to go to the So Cal GM (and others) test drive event at Hollywood Park on Saturday and then to the Hurst/B&M Car Show on Sunday!!! NO RAIN!!!!! I hope this doesn't stretch out into CamaroFest! That could get ugly in the Arizona desert with rain storms like we have been having.
I really agree with u. I'm so sick of all this rain. If it rains this weekend it's going to ruin both events that I'm attending as well
__________________
SoCal HT5 ENOUGH SAID
ChvyBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #345
OrangeVert
"Catharine"
 
OrangeVert's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern NH
Posts: 2,132
Orange Krate, I will be thinking NO RAIN for you this weekend. That Hollywood test drive event sounds like fun! When I taught an IT class in Phoenix a couple of summers ago, I had a Nissan 350Z as a rental car - and it rained mud!! Or at least it looked like it the next day, LoL!!

But seriously - fingers crossed there's no rain for you this weekend!
__________________
OrangeVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #346
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
Orange Krate, I will be thinking NO RAIN for you this weekend. That Hollywood test drive event sounds like fun! When I taught an IT class in Phoenix a couple of summers ago, I had a Nissan 350Z as a rental car - and it rained mud!! Or at least it looked like it the next day, LoL!!

But seriously - fingers crossed there's no rain for you this weekend!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Right this very second the wind is absolutely howling (40-50 mph gusts) and it is very dark. Snow levels suppose to drop to 2000 foot level! It is very nasty and in Long Beach on my drive home, there was a super cell hovering over the city and it looked like it could spawn a tornado or water spout there. Dicey for the next 24-36 hours. I am also suppose to go to the Hurst/B&M Charity Car Show and have paid my entry fee and got the window entry sticker yesterday. That is a the Sunday event and Orange Krate's first car show. Fingers crossed for both. There are two cars I would definately like to try...Corvette and Cadillac. May buy the wife a Caddy if certain things occur. Hey I wonder if I can order a Caddy in Orange? Hmmmmm.
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #347
DerbyChamp06
 
DerbyChamp06's Avatar
 
Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
I am definately working on the Wayfarers. Last Saturday I ordered a $50.00 orange XL windbreaker online. It was on sale for $13.00!!! I think this has been one of the best buys I have found online thus far accept for the $400.00 Steinhausen watch I picked up from an auction house for $40.00! But I am still looking for that Orange Chevy watch! Hey I gotta save some money somewhere for upgrades!?!

Can you believe we are suppose to get more rain this Friday and Saturday??? Why weekends??? I am suppose to go to the So Cal GM (and others) test drive event at Hollywood Park on Saturday and then to the Hurst/B&M Car Show on Sunday!!! NO RAIN!!!!! I hope this doesn't stretch out into CamaroFest! That could get ugly in the Arizona desert with rain storms like we have been having.
Great catch on the windbreaker! Please post pic when you can! Hope you had good weather over weekend. Mostly cloudy/raining here in MN, but that beats snow! Won't be long now before things really green up and I can get some pix of "Barbaro" next to some nice green grass. (got the gold spray paint to paint the horseshoes for the upcoming christening...next on list is a HD vid camera to capture the event....hope I can find decent one for 250.00 or so.....would love to get one of those Go Pro cams too. What do you think of them?)
__________________
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #348
blade_ss
 
blade_ss's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & 05 Mazda3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Centennial, CO
Posts: 376
are you going to post some of the photos from the weekend?
__________________
blade_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #349
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_ss View Post
are you going to post some of the photos from the weekend?
BLADE_SS I am going to post a link on the next entry. You will see some of the photos I took yesterday at the show. I posted them up on the Car Show announcement thread.
__________________

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #350
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,838
Thumbs up 4th ANNUAL B&M/HURST CHARITY CAR SHOW

Orange Krate let me drive him to the B&M/HURST CHARITY CAR SHOW. He was entry number 1087. Although Orange Krate would have loved to win a trophy... there was no expectation given the sea of new Camaro's there. However a new white Convertible won a trophy as did the highly modifed, sexy and beautiful "NOKTURNAL" Camaro. All I can say is that is one badass looking car. Incredible mods that are subtle but when you look at the car it hits you between the eyes when you figured out the front and the back fenders have been sectioned and widened. The back end is a trip too! Fantastic rides one and all.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=124918&page=5



NOKTURNAL!
Attached Images
 
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got to sit in a 2SS/RS with the orange interior... 98_Camaro 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 51 01-31-2012 10:53 AM
Inferno Orange vs. Black LS for those of you with orange cars bigwayne3000 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 68 10-10-2010 01:27 AM
WHITE 2SS With orange interior & Orange stripes Kvapil28 Dealer Camaros for Sale 9 12-02-2009 09:53 AM
Is It Just Me, Or Is There A Lotta Orange Camaros? CamaroFemme 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 53 09-14-2009 12:05 PM
inferno orange and orange stripes? sewwhut 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 3 03-01-2009 06:36 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.