Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BORLA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-30-2011, 05:53 PM   #337
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Nice pics, O.K.! Dec 31, 1985 - I remember that night, was enlisted at Myrtle Beach AFB and rented a hotel room on the beach at the Holiday Inn with 3 other AF guys. It was off-base, so a big deal. We watched the ball drop in the hotel bar, seems like yesterday.

I ordered my 2011 IOM/IO vert last night, thanks for your inspiration and advice! Time to start the journal/blog. I want to make it a testimony to the hard work and talent of the people at the Oshawa plant, and add to the positive energy here on Camaro5!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #338
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Older Brother... Gen 1: Owned by "Larry"

The wife and I made a power run over the hill to the San Fernando Valley lastnight (Friday) and headed down to Northridge to do a cruise through the Bob's Big Boy parking lot to see if anyone was meeting there. Much to my surprise it was packed! I saw a couple of new Gen 5's come and go but they didn't stick around long enough for me to get over and introduce myself. There were lots of old and new iron alike. I did make friends with two gentlemen that had multiple cars in their collection. "Larry" was driving his red 1969 Camaro SS and he parked next to me when he arrived. Larry is a great guy. He goes way back to the early days of cruising (just like me) Van Nuys Blvd in its glory. It was great chatting with him. Larry told me he has 20 cars he maintains. I have a hard enough time with 5! I hope to meet more "Larrys" along the way. Orange Krate is making that possible.

Just before we were leaving I ran into a gentleman who was driving a burgundy metallic 1965 Corvette Stingray custom. It had a Riviera grill and custom wheel flares and tail end. It resembled a Vette prototype but this guy did the work himself, and it was excellent craftsmanship. He too has multiple cars and is currently building a stainless steel T-Bucket. That should be interesting.

One unique sight was a 1964 Superior Cadillac Ambulance. Being an old paramedic who actually worked in a Cadillac ambulance a few times, I find these vehicles to be very fun and nostalgic. The owner of "INFEKTD" has added a few extra charming graphics to it! It was a good night and my wife and I enjoyed getting away for the evening.

Unfortunately I didn't have my good camera with me so I captured these on my Iphone. Next time I will be better prepared.

Attached Images

Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #339
shl4Z28

Drives: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x
Hey Orange Krate,

What a fun read. I'm sitting here in the San Fernando Valley IMpatiently waiting for the ZL1. I hope to have as much fun as you did waiting for my baby to get here!

Seems like you had a good experience with your dealer. Do you recommend them?
shl4Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #340
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shl4Z28 View Post
Hey Orange Krate,

What a fun read. I'm sitting here in the San Fernando Valley IMpatiently waiting for the ZL1. I hope to have as much fun as you did waiting for my baby to get here!

Seems like you had a good experience with your dealer. Do you recommend them?
shl4Z28... Thanks for stopping into the official Orange Krate thread! It has been a fun ride. Its funny you should ask about the dealer (Wm. L. Morris - Simi Valley) I bought my car from as I just came from there and they have 7 brand new Camaros, of different flavors, parked out front and apparently 20 more on the way according to their CFO that I talked with. I can tell you without a doubt my salesman went out of his way to help make my car a reality. They kept me informed and they delivered the car at the lowest price of the 13 different dealerships I went to. Dealing with them is an option, however you can also consider using any of the Cam5.com sponsors that also sell Camaros. They are all a bunch of good folks from what I can tell. I will PM you some additional information. Thanks again and hope to see you in person in a ZL1 soon!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #341
shl4Z28

Drives: 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
shl4Z28... Thanks for stopping into the official Orange Krate thread! It has been a fun ride. Its funny you should ask about the dealer (Wm. L. Morris - Simi Valley) I bought my car from as I just came from there and they have 7 brand new Camaros, of different flavors, parked out front and apparently 20 more on the way according to their CFO that I talked with. I can tell you without a doubt my salesman went out of his way to help make my car a reality. They kept me informed and they delivered the car at the lowest price of the 13 different dealerships I went to. Dealing with them is an option, however you can also consider using any of the Cam5.com sponsors that also sell Camaros. They are all a bunch of good folks from what I can tell. I will PM you some additional information. Thanks again and hope to see you in person in a ZL1 soon!
Thanks Krate, you da man!
shl4Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:11 AM   #342
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Derby thank you for your compliment of my extraordinary wife. I met her in June 1985 when I was looking for a new dentist office and she was the office manager/dental assistant (3 person office). It was love at first sight. Our first date was on New Year's Eve 1986; we were married a year later. I actually found my wife in the Yellow Pages as the story goes. I was on a paramedic shift and during some downtime opened the Yellow Pages to "Dentists"... closed my eyes, pointed to a dentist, opened my eyes and called what turned out to be her office. True luck of the draw!

As for T-Shirts and Hats... I am going to explore the options you presented! I tried to get the orange Ray Bans but the local opthamologist that sells them was less than helpful so I will look more online. I am also looking for a lightweight ORANGE windbreaker! Its all good as they say!
Lucky Guy!

Hopefully you can find a more helpful optician! I bought my clubmaster frames off ebay, and had local Lenscrafters put the prescript lenses in (250.00 for the polarized lenses alone...yikes!) Be careful when buying off ebay, as the wayfarers are sometimes counterfeits. You can also buy directly from Ray Ban, but then you pay retail of course.

Windbreaker season not too far away here in MN! Finally time to hang up the heavy parka coats!
Old 04-03-2011, 01:50 AM   #343
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
Lucky Guy!

Hopefully you can find a more helpful optician! I bought my clubmaster frames off ebay, and had local Lenscrafters put the prescript lenses in (250.00 for the polarized lenses alone...yikes!) Be careful when buying off ebay, as the wayfarers are sometimes counterfeits. You can also buy directly from Ray Ban, but then you pay retail of course.

Windbreaker season not too far away here in MN! Finally time to hang up the heavy parka coats!
My local optician wanted $750.00 for two sets of lenses!!! I told them they were smoking crack and walked. They seem to be short on memory. I bought two pairs of glasses from them with lenses for $350.00 two years ago. I just wanted replacement lenses and my eyes did not change to coke bottle thickness so unless they were importing from Carl Zeiss directly, I have no idea why the price tripled. Lets see...glasses or ghost stripes? We know the answer there. Stripes!!

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Old 04-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #344
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Quote:
My local optician wanted $750.00 for two sets of lenses!!! I told them they were smoking crack and walked. They seem to be short on memory. I bought two pairs of glasses from them with lenses for $350.00 two years ago. I just wanted replacement lenses and my eyes did not change to coke bottle thickness so unless they were importing from Carl Zeiss directly, I have no idea why the price tripled. Lets see...glasses or ghost stripes? We know the answer there. Stripes!!
Orange Krate, it sounds like your optician may be the one who needs glasses! Unless those were sepcial specs designed to enhance the brilliant glow of I/O maybe? Seriously, your ride doesn't need anything for special viewing, as he stands handsomely on his own!

And yes I agree, the overpayment would be much better spent on stripes and/or other mods!
Old 04-06-2011, 12:05 AM   #345
DerbyChamp06

Quote:
Yes, definitely shop around! I was initially skeptical about going to the big chain Lencrafters (not sure if they're national?) but have been pleased overall. They make the lenses in an hour on-site at store, so if somethings not right, they can be remade quickly. They also have a 90 day guarantee/exchange policy, which I recently took advantage of. Prices are more reasonable too. Don't give up on those Orange Wayfarers....they are beckoning you
Old 04-06-2011, 12:21 AM   #346
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
Yes, definitely shop around! I was initially skeptical about going to the big chain Lencrafters (not sure if they're national?) but have been pleased overall. They make the lenses in an hour on-site at store, so if somethings not right, they can be remade quickly. They also have a 90 day guarantee/exchange policy, which I recently took advantage of. Prices are more reasonable too. Don't give up on those Orange Wayfarers....they are beckoning you
I am definately working on the Wayfarers. Last Saturday I ordered a $50.00 orange XL windbreaker online. It was on sale for $13.00!!! I think this has been one of the best buys I have found online thus far accept for the $400.00 Steinhausen watch I picked up from an auction house for $40.00! But I am still looking for that Orange Chevy watch! Hey I gotta save some money somewhere for upgrades!?!

Can you believe we are suppose to get more rain this Friday and Saturday??? Why weekends??? I am suppose to go to the So Cal GM (and others) test drive event at Hollywood Park on Saturday and then to the Hurst/B&M Car Show on Sunday!!! NO RAIN!!!!! I hope this doesn't stretch out into CamaroFest! That could get ugly in the Arizona desert with rain storms like we have been having.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Old 04-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #347
ChvyBoss
THAT BOOST TURNS HEADS

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I am definately working on the Wayfarers. Last Saturday I ordered a $50.00 orange XL windbreaker online. It was on sale for $13.00!!! I think this has been one of the best buys I have found online thus far accept for the $400.00 Steinhausen watch I picked up from an auction house for $40.00! But I am still looking for that Orange Chevy watch! Hey I gotta save some money somewhere for upgrades!?!

Can you believe we are suppose to get more rain this Friday and Saturday??? Why weekends??? I am suppose to go to the So Cal GM (and others) test drive event at Hollywood Park on Saturday and then to the Hurst/B&M Car Show on Sunday!!! NO RAIN!!!!! I hope this doesn't stretch out into CamaroFest! That could get ugly in the Arizona desert with rain storms like we have been having.
I really agree with u. I'm so sick of all this rain. If it rains this weekend it's going to ruin both events that I'm attending as well
Old 04-07-2011, 10:44 PM   #348
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Orange Krate, I will be thinking NO RAIN for you this weekend. That Hollywood test drive event sounds like fun! When I taught an IT class in Phoenix a couple of summers ago, I had a Nissan 350Z as a rental car - and it rained mud!! Or at least it looked like it the next day, LoL!!

But seriously - fingers crossed there's no rain for you this weekend!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #349
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
Orange Krate, I will be thinking NO RAIN for you this weekend. That Hollywood test drive event sounds like fun! When I taught an IT class in Phoenix a couple of summers ago, I had a Nissan 350Z as a rental car - and it rained mud!! Or at least it looked like it the next day, LoL!!

But seriously - fingers crossed there's no rain for you this weekend!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Right this very second the wind is absolutely howling (40-50 mph gusts) and it is very dark. Snow levels suppose to drop to 2000 foot level! It is very nasty and in Long Beach on my drive home, there was a super cell hovering over the city and it looked like it could spawn a tornado or water spout there. Dicey for the next 24-36 hours. I am also suppose to go to the Hurst/B&M Charity Car Show and have paid my entry fee and got the window entry sticker yesterday. That is a the Sunday event and Orange Krate's first car show. Fingers crossed for both. There are two cars I would definately like to try...Corvette and Cadillac. May buy the wife a Caddy if certain things occur. Hey I wonder if I can order a Caddy in Orange? Hmmmmm.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #350
DerbyChamp06

Quote:

Great catch on the windbreaker! Please post pic when you can! Hope you had good weather over weekend. Mostly cloudy/raining here in MN, but that beats snow! Won't be long now before things really green up and I can get some pix of "Barbaro" next to some nice green grass. (got the gold spray paint to paint the horseshoes for the upcoming christening...next on list is a HD vid camera to capture the event....hope I can find decent one for 250.00 or so.....would love to get one of those Go Pro cams too. What do you think of them?)