Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
martinezj454545

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6
Exclamation Lighting Problem, please help.

I have just installed the AAC 2010 camaro fog light for the LS and the installation went good but the next day i unlocked the car and everyone knows once you unlock the car with the remote your lights will come on. Well i noticed that one of the lights i tapped the fog lights into did not turn on. Does anyone know how to fix this problem because all i did to make the fog lights turn on was to tapped into the main light wiring. So when i turned the lights on my fog light will come on. Please Help
martinezj454545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:07 AM   #2
MotorCityTransplant

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro CGM 6M
You should definitely use a relay from any of the tapped lights you are using. If you use the original wire to power both the headlights and the fog lights you may blow a fuse or fry your wiring because the wire gauge was only meant to handle the amount of amperage that the headlights draw. Use the wire tap to connect to a relay. The relay then needs to be powered by a high amperage source and always be sure to use a fuse in this setup to avoid shorting if anything goes bad. I have an LS and have done this exact setup to my car except I tapped from the parking lights to signal to the relay.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
martinezj454545

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6
When i got the Fog lights i had a big issue with them becouse the male end didnt hook up to the female end of the light buld. So i called AAC and they said that i had to Mod The wiring, so from the get go i had a problem. So do you have any pictures or vidoes of how you did it, if so let me know. Oh and the wiring harness i got did came with a fuze and a relay but AAC said that i had to modified the wiring but didnt actually give me instructions on how to do this you know. So let me know how you did it if you can thanks.
martinezj454545 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical., fog lights, lights, wiring