Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
mkeeler

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 RS Bumblebee
audio input resetting

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this question but after many searches I couldn't find any information on it. I have the stock audio system with the BA upgrade. My problem is that overnight the system automatically defaults to my ipod as the default input regardless of whether or not I shut the car off with some other input like XM, FM, etc. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix? It only happens overnight.
Rally Yellow, Black Stripes and Ground Effects, 20" Polished Aluminum Rims, MGW Shifter, Custom Engine Cover, K&N CAI Series 69 Typhoon, Borla Exhaust, Tinted Windows, Heritage Grille, Subwoofer system, Trunk Mat, Trunk Organizer, UltraShield Clear Vinyl, Camaro SS license Plate Covers, "BY BY" Personalized Plates.
mkeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
Eleven
Out-Shocker/In-Minivan!

Drives: 1LE
My car "forgets" that i was using the ipod. Sometimes i start the car up and my first FM preset is on. Not sure if its a problem with the ipod or radio....
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
mine will sometimes start with the last input, then after about 30 seconds after starting the car, it will switch to the ipod input.
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
mkeeler

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 RS Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
mine will sometimes start with the last input, then after about 30 seconds after starting the car, it will switch to the ipod input.
Yeah, same here. I'm gonna try unplugging my ipod and see what it does.
Rally Yellow, Black Stripes and Ground Effects, 20" Polished Aluminum Rims, MGW Shifter, Custom Engine Cover, K&N CAI Series 69 Typhoon, Borla Exhaust, Tinted Windows, Heritage Grille, Subwoofer system, Trunk Mat, Trunk Organizer, UltraShield Clear Vinyl, Camaro SS license Plate Covers, "BY BY" Personalized Plates.
mkeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
camtx45

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th Vert
Did anyone ever figure this out?

My 2012 2LT sometimes 'forgets' the setting for the display in the speedometer. I always want it to display the fuel range. When I crank the car, sometimes it is on fuel range, but sometimes it goes back to speed.

I know I have occasionally done it by accident myself (I keep wanting the wipers control to be on the left hand side of the steering wheel) but don't think it is me every time.

Wondering if it has to do with a combination of the having the key in the ignition, the radio on / off and when I open the drivers door.
camtx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #6
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
maybe once or twice my car has forgotten that usb was the last source of input, and opted to switch to aux on initial start. otherwise, i don't have the problems mentioned in this thread.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, defaults, radio preferences