Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10
 
TaylorRyanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,914
College Grad Discount

Whats the deal with the grad discount. I heard that you can get it if you are graduating up to a year after you get the car. So I am graduating in June of 2010. I am getting Summit White so I have to wait until July of 2009. Thats less than a year... so do I qualify for the discount? And if I do, how much do I get off?
__________________

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
fad1

 
fad1's Avatar
 
Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 1,108
When I went to the LA Auto Show, I asked the GM Rep and she said the discount is 1500 dollars off, same as the suppliers discount
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
Ry4nVan
 
Ry4nVan's Avatar
 
Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 288
So if I'm graduating college next December... will this mean I'm eligible for the discount when purchasing the vehicle this spring?

And can this be combined with my Military Discount?

'If GM chooses to accept these discounts'
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:56 PM   #4
Vash


 
Drives: 00 Blazer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,128
Right now they want the College Dropout Discount. There is no credit crunch. Credit Crunch is code word for "high apr rip off loan market dryout".

There is not much room to cut the price or the apr anyway.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:02 AM   #5
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10
 
TaylorRyanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
When I went to the LA Auto Show, I asked the GM Rep and she said the discount is 1500 dollars off, same as the suppliers discount
On the SS?
__________________

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:33 AM   #6
kevin2323


 
Drives: challenger
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: miami
Posts: 2,339
wait i get my AA degree done in fall of 09...does that count? or does it have to be a certain degree?
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:41 AM   #7
XAnimal
Just in time
 
XAnimal's Avatar
 
Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Savannah, GA currently: Baghdad, Iraq
Posts: 154
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Right now they want the College Dropout Discount. There is no credit crunch. Credit Crunch is code word for "high apr rip off loan market dryout".

There is not much room to cut the price or the apr anyway.
I don't know if I understand your post.

"High apr rip off loan markey dryout" ?

And we are in a credit crunch as with the current economy lots of americans can't get loans
__________________

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro
XAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:09 AM   #8
Joker57676
 
Drives: 2007 Civic Si
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 31
Does the college grad discount apply to law school grads....technically my schooling is done on a college campus and I'll be graduating???

Mark
Joker57676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #9
kevin2323


 
Drives: challenger
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: miami
Posts: 2,339
bump for answers to my question and others questions...
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #10
card21doc
 
Drives: 13 Hotwheels Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central IL
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
Whats the deal with the grad discount. I heard that you can get it if you are graduating up to a year after you get the car. So I am graduating in June of 2010. I am getting Summit White so I have to wait until July of 2009. Thats less than a year... so do I qualify for the discount? And if I do, how much do I get off?
I will have to go to work and look at the parameters of the program. I think if you are within 6 months of graduation, have a letter from the college attesting to that fact, have a job lined up in that field, with a letter from your future employer outlining your start date and salary, then you will qualify for the college grad program.

We (or at least I) do not know if GM will allow this program, along with GM employee and GM supplier discounts at the launch of the Camaro.

To my knowledge, college grad cannot be combined with supplier discounts, although any other rebates may be combined. (Of course I'm sure there will be no rebates on the Camaro at first.)
card21doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:29 AM   #11
bob2the2nd
 
Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: newark, de
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by card21doc View Post
I will have to go to work and look at the parameters of the program. I think if you are within 6 months of graduation, have a letter from the college attesting to that fact, have a job lined up in that field, with a letter from your future employer outlining your start date and salary, then you will qualify for the college grad program.

We (or at least I) do not know if GM will allow this program, along with GM employee and GM supplier discounts at the launch of the Camaro.

To my knowledge, college grad cannot be combined with supplier discounts, although any other rebates may be combined. (Of course I'm sure there will be no rebates on the Camaro at first.)
i believe its going to be graduating within 6 months or have graduated within a year.
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #12
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore
 
Xanthos's Avatar
 
Drives: Stick
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 12,658
Grad, supplier, employee, and military discounts cannot be combined. As far as I can tell, they are all the same amount of discount except employee, which is slightly more of a discount.
- Xanthos
__________________
Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #13
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith
 
TheMadHatter99's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 722
So if you're graduating from a military academy you can't use both?

Shame...
__________________
TheMadHatter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #14
fad1

 
fad1's Avatar
 
Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles California
Posts: 1,108
Only reason I am putting off my purchase off for a couple of years now is because I am going to graduate within 2 years, approx. 2011, so I know Ill be able to use the discount. Plus by then, I'll probably be able to get a new Camaro below MSRP
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #15
NUCAR
 
Drives: 68 big block
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: tossed off see ya
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Grad, supplier, employee, and military discounts cannot be combined. As far as I can tell, they are all the same amount of discount except employee, which is slightly more of a discount.
- Xanthos
Right, these programs all provide the same GSU discount which is found on the vehicle invoice and do not "stack up". It is a percentage discount, not a set $ amount, and will thus vary from vehicle to vehicle. Right now there are NO, repeat, NO discounts or programs on Camaro or Volt Or Cruse....why? Because GM is not marketing these vehicles yet as they have yet to launch. After launch, who knows? C6 Corvette had no programs at launch due to demand and convertibles were even excluded from GMS (true employee pricing) for quite some time. Hybrids had no programs and were excluded from employee pricing for a good while. Only time will tell....
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #16
bob2the2nd
 
Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: newark, de
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCAR View Post
Right, these programs all provide the same GSU discount which is found on the vehicle invoice and do not "stack up". It is a percentage discount, not a set $ amount, and will thus vary from vehicle to vehicle. Right now there are NO, repeat, NO discounts or programs on Camaro or Volt Or Cruse....why? Because GM is not marketing these vehicles yet as they have yet to launch. After launch, who knows? C6 Corvette had no programs at launch due to demand and convertibles were even excluded from GMS (true employee pricing) for quite some time. Hybrids had no programs and were excluded from employee pricing for a good while. Only time will tell....
thanks for the explanation NUCAR
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #17
Ry4nVan
 
Ry4nVan's Avatar
 
Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 288
Would the discount be a percentage off the total price? or a percentage off the base price?
Ry4nVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #18
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,456
I'm not exactly sure how they figure out the number but it's not an exact percentage. You can price out some cars at http://www.gmautobuilder.com/BuildYo...riceformula=SU and kinda see what percentages they're offering on other cars. I've seen anywhere from 3 to almost 10 percent depending on the car. You can find answers to most of the questions on the supplier discount/pricing at https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-gmsupplier/ This is the same discount for military, college, etc. For some college discount info specifically you can see the college grad program site. They've got a faq there that should answer most of these questions.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #19
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro
 
ZeeTwentyFour's Avatar
 
Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 474
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
Woot links!
__________________
ZeeTwentyFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #20
NUCAR
 
Drives: 68 big block
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: tossed off see ya
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry4nVan View Post
Would the discount be a percentage off the total price? or a percentage off the base price?
The percentage is calculated off the invoice amount. They varying percentages you see from vehicle reflect the amount of markup between different vehicles. For example, a Suburban , while a Cobalt or Aveo . But everything is at the GSU level now with the Red Tag program....cept ZR1
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #21
wallus13
 
Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 10
If you go to the FAQ, it says you have two years after you graduate. (lucky for me!)
wallus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #22
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10
 
TaylorRyanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2012 370Z
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,914
screw this... ugh I am mad now lol

It says you can get it if you intend to graduate in "6 Months", but yet is says college seniors. It should be 1 year since you are a college senior. I graduate in june 2010... so the only way I could get the discount is if I get the car in January of '10... maybe I can get my school to lie for me haha
__________________

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:11 AM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,175
I would have to say...

I believe the discount might be up to the dealer. As hot as this car is going to be, there might not be many discounts going around.
__________________
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
College [Kind of] Pays Off The_Blur Off-topic Discussions 13 01-02-2009 02:50 PM
College Grad/College Senior Discount donjr4 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 16 11-05-2008 01:58 PM
College Grad Discount Yeahyouknwit Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 37 10-20-2008 11:45 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.