Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-05-2017, 07:00 PM   #1
bistikDM

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic 2LS
Personalizing a 2015 2LS

Since my wife and I bought the Camaro, I have been wanting to modify it. After lurking around on the forum for almost a year, I've learned a lot about my car. I did not know a lot about cars but I have always been mechanically inclined, love to tinker, figure out how things work, and just learning about something. Luckily my father-in-law is a senior mechanic, so I should be able to learn a thing or two (will not be asking him to work on something, just directions so I can learn). Due to a tight discretionary income budget, mods will take a while so the updates for this thread will be sparse.

I have already installed a CAI intake and an MRT v2 exhaust. I think the next item on the list will be a catch can so that I don't have to worry about engine maintenance as much.

Planning on finishing the whole exhaust system afterward, looking at solo performance high flow cats right now. Also spoke with a few local auto shops and got quoted $300-ish for them to fabricate and install the rest of the exhaust (midpipes? everything in between the cats and muffler). I believe the stock inner diameter is 2.25 inches and the final inner diameter should be 2.5 inches

Planned Mod List:
CAI Intake *done*
MRT V2 Exhaust *done*
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Solo Performance High Flow Cats
"Custom" Pipes
Tune
Rear Diff (Everything)
Brakes
Auto to manual (maybe)
Some sort of forced induction (BIG maybe)

Goal: 300 rwhp (short term), 350-375 rwhp (long term)

Any suggestions are welcomed!
Pictures to come soon!
bistikDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:30 AM   #2
bistikDM

Paint correction

Need to do a paint correction on three areas, both door panels, and passenger side mirror... Can't do it right now since I live on the third floor of an apartment, but there's a visible ding on the driver side door panel. I might get it taken out, not sure yet. I tried so hard parking in the middle of nowhere too...

Note the quarter for size comparison.
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2017, 08:39 AM   #3
bistikDM

CAI Intake

Installation was not too bad, nice tight fittings but the MAF sensor placement is completely vertical. Makes me kind of nervous to slam the hood down because I might damage it. The crankcase vent line placement sits extremely tight to the hood cover, I wish it was moved over a smidge or two. Sounds great, really noticeable on the higher RPM. I told my wife that I think there's a touch more pep to it now but she thinks I'm making it up.

Side note, the engine bay's weather stripping did not allow for the intake's cover to be latched on, I had to remove the intake's weather stripping so it would actually sit correctly and be able to be latched.
Attached Images