Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Design Concepts Sportbar
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

The Sports Lounge Sports talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,526
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
BCS......standings..........

BOOMER SOONER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just sayin'
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:42 AM   #2
SSOOCH
"El Dictator"
 
SSOOCH's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 HHR SS, 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Jordan, UT
Posts: 7,421
Football is dumb!


__________________
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...
 
ArkySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT GMC Terrain
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,404
Bite your tongue Ssooch! Congrats PQ...don't choke
__________________
It was fun while it lasted.....
ArkySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo
 
TIE FIGHTR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 653
Computers should not be involved in football unless it's to play Madden!

just sayin'

LSU #6, really? Geaux Tigers! The next two weeks are going to be hard to watch though...
__________________

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
2010 2-Tone


 
2010 2-Tone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jennings, La.
Posts: 2,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR View Post
Computers should not be involved in football unless it's to play Madden!

just sayin'

LSU #6, really? Geaux Tigers! The next two weeks are going to be hard to watch though...
I agree but if Miles would stay with one QB (Lee) it might be doable.
__________________

-Custom Stripes, Eibach Drop Springs
-MagnaFlow 3" Catback with X pipe
-ADM CAI-Street Version, SLP 160 T-Stat
-Ragin Racin Custom Tune
-Kooks LT Coated Headers, Heritage Grille
-Barton Short Throw Shifter
-Slotted & Dimpled Rotors
-Powercoated Calipers by Mike
-Hawk Ceramic Pads
-Painted Roof
-Painted Gills & Back Panel
-3-M Clear Bra, AAC Plasma DRL's
404rwhp and 403tq
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,526
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkySS View Post
Bite your tongue Ssooch! Congrats PQ...don't choke
Don't congrat me. I don't play for the Sooners. I can't choke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR View Post
Computers should not be involved in football unless it's to play Madden!

just sayin'
VOTING isn't any more credible than computers.

At least with the computers you get credit for playing actual Div. 1 schools instead of filling your extra 4 games with pattsies. Oklahoma plays an OOC schedule that is better than the MEAT of Boise STs normal schedule.

You should get credit for who you play. And voters rarely even look at that. Computers don't forget. When the voters look at the list they see a team who shows a certain number of 'Ranked' teams you beat. They don't realize that some of those teams arent' even in the top 50 now.

I always hated, and still do, how when it shows who you beat, it shows the ranking of the team when you beat them.
Case in point:... (and I"m not picking on Bama, but Penn St. and Forida are a good example)

You have voters looking at a team (Alabama) that has beat 4 ranked teams. #7, #10, #18, and #19.

When in fact right now they have beat 2 teams that are ranked. #21 and #23.

On Bamas list of who they beat it shows;
#18 Penn State (now unranked at 3-3)
#7 Florida (now unranked at 3-3)
#10 Arkansas (lost 2 of the last 3 and down to #23)
#19 South Carolina (lost to UK the next week, down to #21)

The computers will show this. Voters watch Oklahoma dismantle Iowa St. and jump Oklahoma over TCU who beat BYU by 4 TDs. I'm a Sooners fan and even I know that ridiculous.

On the flip side. Voters DON'T see the teams that you beat that weren't ranked that now are.

They also don't recognize that Oklahoma destroyed Florida St. and Florida St. then went down to Miami and beat a damn good Hurricane team on the road. FSU only has the one loss. TO OKLAHOMA.

Computers don't miss this stuff. Voters do.

Should Oklahoma be ranked #1???

I say why not? BUT, I say any one of them could be ranked #1. Rankings are stupid. But if you have to rank them, I see no reason to not rank Oklahoma #1. Along with Auburn, Oregon, Missouri, Oklahoma St., Michigan St., and LSU.

Disclaimer, as far as LSU goes, I'm tired of hearing how lucky they are. A win is a win is a win..............

Yes, they are probably the worst undefeated of the bunch, but I still put them over Boise St. and TCU for the simple fact that LSU this year to me is the perfect example of TCU, Boise, and Utah, being ranked under the rest of the unbeatens. Had LSU played one of those schedules, they wouldn't be called lucky right now. They would have won more convicingly.

Another reason the NFL is superior imo.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...
 
ArkySS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 RJT GMC Terrain
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,404
Can't argue your logic PQ....another one of those years that it seems like nobody wants to be #1....
__________________
It was fun while it lasted.....
ArkySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #8
bigearl
 
bigearl's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Napa
Posts: 553
I don't disagree with your logic PQ although I disagree with some of the particulars. I am still not on the Oregon boat-they are doing well but their schedule hasn't been all that impressive either. Its not really any tougher than BSUs or TCUs.

I don't think BSU should be number 1 either; I'd like to see them move on though because I think they're in the best position to get the system retooled. The meat of their schedule sucks though because they're in a sucky conference. Hopefully their move to MWC helps, but they still would have been better off in the Pac-10. They have to go OOC to play Oregon State University and Virginia Tech.

I think there are quite a few teams that want it bad this year, just not your usual suspects. I think Oregon and BSU would be a good bowl. I don't think that should be the championship though.

Oklahoma and LSU maybe?
__________________
-----------
Sharks have a week dedicated to me.
bigearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #9
klatterblast

 
klatterblast's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: walker la.
Posts: 1,704
biting my nails already waiting on LSU @ Auburn. theres something under the HAT!
__________________
T-BONES BLACK 2SSRS TEAM L99

CAI w/ADM scoop,Magnacharged 3.8 pulley,L92 ported heads,ss valves,patriot springs,yella terra rockers,Comp cam,L99 to LS3 conv.ATI super damper,Taylor plug wires,NGK plugs,ARH 1 7/8 lt headers w/Borla stingers,Elite oil catch can,trans cooler,Jannetty built Richmond 4.11 rear end,Spohn trailing arms,front Racing Brake rotors,Hawk hps pads,BMR end links,AACstyle lighting. Thanks to Shane & crew for engine work at Thunder Racing & tuner Jeoff at EPS. 501rwhp-463rwtq ++
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #10
2010 2-Tone


 
2010 2-Tone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jennings, La.
Posts: 2,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
biting my nails already waiting on LSU @ Auburn. theres something under the HAT!
I could be wrong but I am looking for LSU defense to contain Auburn it's just if we can score or not!!!!
__________________

-Custom Stripes, Eibach Drop Springs
-MagnaFlow 3" Catback with X pipe
-ADM CAI-Street Version, SLP 160 T-Stat
-Ragin Racin Custom Tune
-Kooks LT Coated Headers, Heritage Grille
-Barton Short Throw Shifter
-Slotted & Dimpled Rotors
-Powercoated Calipers by Mike
-Hawk Ceramic Pads
-Painted Roof
-Painted Gills & Back Panel
-3-M Clear Bra, AAC Plasma DRL's
404rwhp and 403tq
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #11
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,526
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
I don't disagree with your logic PQ although I disagree with some of the particulars. I am still not on the Oregon boat-they are doing well but their schedule hasn't been all that impressive either. Its not really any tougher than BSUs or TCUs.

I don't think BSU should be number 1 either; I'd like to see them move on though because I think they're in the best position to get the system retooled. The meat of their schedule sucks though because they're in a sucky conference. Hopefully their move to MWC helps, but they still would have been better off in the Pac-10. They have to go OOC to play Oregon State University and Virginia Tech.

I think there are quite a few teams that want it bad this year, just not your usual suspects. I think Oregon and BSU would be a good bowl. I don't think that should be the championship though.

Oklahoma and LSU maybe?
Oklahoma and LSU have not really impressed the whole season. Of course, who has?

So I suppose, but Boise St. right now is getting credit for beating the #10 and #24 teams. Those 2 teams are one unranked and the other hanging on at #25.

So Boise RIGHT NOW has a best win of beating #25. That's it. At least Oregon has beat #12 RIGHT NOW. And beat them pretty bad.

MWC??? They could call up Big 12 commisioner RIGHT NOW and really push to take the vacancy. Bit of travel may not be the best fit but they could have at least made a push for the Pac 10. I won't give them much more credit for being in the MWC.

Again, ....... I do think they could line up against any team and compete, but those other teams earn the spot more. Maybe it's just college football I don't like. But play a big boy schedule or GTFO..............

Pull up BSUs schedule and Oregons. click on the teams they play and how well they are doing. Oregon comes out on top.

And I heard it said that BSU really has a good shot this year becasue their schedule is stronger than usual. Psh.................

And TCU hasn't played a single team that is currently ranked. And probably won't.

Probably no way to fix it. If I had my way, we'd have 6 major conferences of 16 teams and you could either join one or GTFO.......... but that would not be 'Fair'.

Maybe not, but it's still why I can NEVER give CFB the credit it deserves.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #12
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,526
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
theres something under the HAT!
An idiot......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
I could be wrong but I am looking for LSU defense to contain Auburn it's just if we can score or not!!!!
Actually, me too.

I'd love to see LSU beat them. But I know they won't.


Another tid bit to ponder.

Here are the out of conference winning percentages for the following teams conferences. Not counting their own wins.

83%, 25-5, Auburn/SEC
83%, 25-5, LSU/SEC
80%, 33-8, Michigan St./Big10
80%, 32-8, Oklahoma/Big 12
80%, 32-8, Oklahoma St./Big 12
80%, 32-8, Missouri/Big 12
66%, 18-9, Oregon/Pac 10
50%, 17-17 Boise St./WAC
40%, 12-18 TCU/MWC
40%, 12-18 Utah/MWC

And Boise States answer is to go to the MWC???

NICE..............
__________________

Last edited by PQ; 10-21-2010 at 01:21 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #13
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,526
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Being a fan of the last team to win the BCS, the 2009 BCS National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide, I do not like the BCS and here is why.

Boise State and TCU. The media is in love with these two teams and trying their best to put them in the BCS Title game. Their votes are reflecting it, ESPN is advertising basically for these teams and that is a joke.

There is no way under God's green earth that Boise St, TCU, Utah etc... could play a schedule that is consistent with the SEC, Big 12, Pac-10, Big 10, probably the ACC and Big East and contend. Look at these conferences they usually play at least 6 to 8 conference games.

BS, TCU, Utah could not play week in and week out in any of the conferences and WIN. Let's take a few of the conferences.

I'll take my beloved SEC. Everyone claims that the SEC has BAD Teams and they always bring up Vandy, Kentucky, Miss State to name a few. I will bring up Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina.

Alabama lost to SC, Kentucky beat SC, Florida housed Kentucky, Alabama housed Florida. LSU beat Florida but baely beat Tennessee. Week in week out every team in the SEC has a real chance to lose because of the level of play.

Take the Big 12. Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, Texas Tech etc...

None of these teams , Utah, Boise, TCU could survive this type of scheduling and be consistently good, or undefeated.

Look at Alabama. Alabama has had some of the best recruiting classes in the past few years. They are talented beyond belief, they have a great coach, excellent facilities, depth and they still lost a game. Sure they were undefeated last year, but that was one year. Take Florida with Tebow, Look a Texas with Colt McCoy, Auburn with Cam Newton, Alabama with Ingram and Richardson, Oklahoma with Bradford, all great team, all have had great seasons, but very few, one, was undeafeated. Why ? Because of the leagues they play in.

This does not even take into consideration the Pac-10, USC, Oregon, Cal, Stanford or in the East Miami, Florida State, WV, Wisconsion, Ohio State the lsit could go on and on.

Look at Boise's schedule they played a mediocre team in Virginia Tech and barely won, imagine if the next 11 weeks they played 7 other top teams. Undeafeated , I think not.

The BCS is trying to give the NC to Boise because of one football game 4 or 5 years ago when they beat Oklahoma. Yes they won, but look at history. Alabama got smoked by Utah and that team went on the win the BCS the following year, does that mean Utah would have won it. NOT, same thing with Boise just because they beat Oklahoma once means nothing.

I am actually hoping that Boise State makes it to the Title game and plays either Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon I believe people are sick and tired of hearing about Boise and want to see them get stomped so all this will go away. Boise could not hang with either of these teams. Once every 5 years or so does not make them a great team.

The only way I will publically support Boise St is if they solicate the SEC, Pac 10, Big 12 to play and gets turned down. People always say that no one wants to play Boise St, which partly is true because people don't want to go to Boise and play. Why? Because of money, Boise hold what 35000. Alabama holds 100000, Texas holds what 90000 ( unsure about that ) but alot more than 35000 or so. There is no financial benefit to play a team like that away.

If Boise seriously wants to be considered then they should have the same mentality as Fresno St, Anyone Anywhere Anytime. Start scheduling an Alabama, Auburn, Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State etc.....play the big boys and either have success or shut up already but you can not play one top 25 team a year and be considered for a National Championship.

Even if the was a playoff with 8 team or 16 teams. At a minimum they would have to play 3 top teir teams. Does anyone think the would win. I think Not. My final point about this is look at Alabama last year. They did have a play off system. They played a real game Auburn team, played a team in Florida with Tebow, that everyone in the nation thought was the best team, maybe ever and then played a Texas Team witha starting QB that was what 45-2. He did get hurt and who knows how that comes out but the point is Boise could not have run that gauntlet and won. JMHO


Which is my point for the computers. Computers take all of this into account. There is a reason the computers love OU right now and usually do. People like to talk smack about schedules but rarely go look at everyones schedule. Other than OU the teams they played out of conference; FSU (6-0) AFA (5-1) Cincinatti (3-2) and one pattsie. Cincinatti was a top ten team last year. AFA is consistently ranked. NOBODY steps up bigger than OU out of conference year in and year out. It goes widely un-noticed because like Cincinati, you never know who will be good. But EVERY other major team schedules at least TWO and THREE pattsies. BOISE STATE plays 9 pattsies. And OU plays 6-0 Missouri this weekend and still has OSU who is currently 6-0. THAT's why the computers love OU.

SEC teams schedule two or three pattsies typically because their normal schedule is on average one team tougher. SEC teams play their out of conference schedule spread throughout the season too.
Which is why it pisses me off when the Florida Bama LSU fans I know talk about their scedule being so much tougher. It isn't. Becasue OU steps up out of conference. Like I said before, OUs out of conference schedule is tougher then BSUs entire schedule. And look at LSU, BAMA, Auburns out of conf. schedules. Looks like Boises regular schedule. 3 patties each.

OUs ooc schedule would be Boise St.s bragging point right now. THEN OU has to go play a major conference schedule. It's a freaking joke.

Everyone should go read Alabamas schedule.
Then go read Ohio States schedule.
Then go read Auburns schedule.
Then Oklahomas.
Then Boise St.s schedule.
And TCUs schedule.

Put them all side by side and see if you don't laugh at BSU and TCU.

Oh, and while Boise is getting all this credit for blowing teams out, the ONLY markee win (VT) they won 33-30.
__________________

Last edited by PQ; 10-22-2010 at 02:03 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #14
bigearl
 
bigearl's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Napa
Posts: 553
I'm not advocating for BSU. I sort of liked PQs 8 divisions of 16 teams. My understanding is that the Pac10 did not want BSU and had made offers somewhere else and now that they are in the MWC they have a 3 year commitment or something like that.

As far as: "I am actually hoping that Boise State makes it to the Title game and plays either Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon I believe people are sick and tired of hearing about Boise and want to see them get stomped so all this will go away. Boise could not hang with either of these teams. Once every 5 years or so does not make them a great team."

I'm of this mindset myself. I don't know if they'll get stomped, but it's a put up or shut up thing.

Your list is bad though because BSU beat the Oregon Ducks in 2008 and 2009 and Oklahoma in 2007. So it's not once every five years, it's once a year for the last 3 years. I think they'd play a good game against Auburn and LSU too. Apparently so do most of the coaches (not just the press). So it's not once every five years, it's once a year for the last 3 years.

I don't think they'd be undefeated in a conference like the SEC or Big 12. I think they'd be a 1 or 2 loss team. They could very well be undefeated in the PAC10- I don't care what conference they're in, I still think they'd show up as top 12 the way they are playing. Conversely some teams get credit just for being in the SEC and they're crap teams.
__________________
-----------
Sharks have a week dedicated to me.
bigearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #15
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Dr Jkel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,462
OK, Good point about Oregon, BUT everyone thought Orefon was so much better because of Masoli. Well we see Masoli is not everything he was cracked up to be, if he was then he would have won alot more games at Ole Miss. Oregon is sjowing this year how much better they are without him.

A couple of years ago Oregon was a stud team until Dennis Dixon hurt his knee and they fell apart.

Now as far as Boise goes, sure they can schedule 1 maybe 2 top 25 teams hopefully 1 top 5 team, but when you look at Oklahoma, Alabama, Auburn etc... count how many top 25 teams, top 10 teams they play and it does not compared. That would be like Alabama scheduling pitty patter games and play LSU and Auburn, doesn't compute.

Alabama, Auburn and probably LSU would eat their lunch, it would be over before half time.

I go back to last year when Alabama won it all, who did they play. Sure they ahd 3 games of substandard competition but the others were not. There is no dispute that Florida and Texas were the two best teams in the country when Alabama played and beat them. That is undisputed, who did Boise Play?

Even this year they talk about who Boise played, VT, well VT is having a substandard year, Oregon St- where are they at. When you biggest game left is Nevada, good luck selling that one.

Look at OK, played Fl. St, Texas, Missouri this weekend, probably Nebraska, 4 good teams.

Alabama will play at least, the very least, 3 top ranked teams when they Arkansas, South Carolina, Auburn and LSU, not to mention Penn State and Florida at the time of playing them were highly ranked,

Alabama will probably not go to Arizona, why? South Carolina but I can say this if Alabama is lucky enough to go the rest of the way undefeated, then they deserved a shot over Boise because who they have played.

In all honesty, after last night Oregon looked like a video game. They just wear you down and everyone is placing them in the BCS. Remember when Oklahoma has this fast paced, 50 point a game season and then they played Florida. At that point Florida had the athletes to match OK, so then the hurry up wasn't much of a factor. Same case with Oregon.

Look at history over just the last few season. Texas, starter 45-2, all world QB, gets hit Texas faulters, OKlahoma- Sam Bradford another video game like QB, throw all over the field with his eyes closed, gets hurt OK faulters, Tebow gets hurt and Florida faulters. Ohio St- Pruor has a not so good game - Wisconson houses them.

Then you have teams that have good players but when the " Star " goes down it's next man up. I think it is alot easier to replace a running back, even a Heisman Trophy running back than it is to replace a QB, especially when you have depth. QB is a whole other animal.

Texas lost last year for one reason, they couldn't run the ball. Look at OK this year they can run the ball, look at Oregon etc..... they all have the ability to run the ball, why did Alabama lose to SC , they couldn't run the ball.

My whole point goes back to the BCS in this aspect. It is kinda like being Bowl Eligible, everyone thinks 6 wins and your in, well almost, you have to have at least 5 wins over Div I schools. The BCS Should be the same, if your biggest game of the year is Nevada then go home and shut up.

Everyone talks about Boise Beating Oklahoma 5 years ago, SHUT UP, Oklahoma did the same thing Alabama did with UTAH, they slept through practice and just showed up. Is that Boise and Utahs fault , well no, BUT if it were a regular season game then it is a whole lot different for them. I would dare say that this weekend Oklahoma, Alabama, Auburn, Wisconsin, Michigan St, Michigan, LSU and whomever else has a chance to go to the BCS would house Boise St no matter where they played.

I am not being a homer because honestly OK and Oregon maybe Auburn ( we will see this weekend) are the real legit contenders and I do not like any of them, Sorry PQ, lol but looking at their teams they are playing the best football. We will all see how good when the competition is stepped up, again this weekend Aub-LSU, Ok-Missouri.

Who does Boise play? That's what I thought.
__________________
MUSTANG...Like Bringing a Hot Dog to a Steak Dinner....There is no comparison.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #16
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl
 
CamaroSkooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 9,442
Blah blah blah blah.

Tournament!!
__________________

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #17
bigearl
 
bigearl's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Napa
Posts: 553
Really I'm not disagreeing with you for the most part Dr. J. Like I said, I'd like to see BSU get in to put up or shut up. I'd also like to see some retooling on the BCS. I think Alabama would beat BSU. I'm not so sure about Auburn and LSU- I guess we'd have to see.

I think you're way off base when you say it'd be over by halftime on most of those teams (Auburn, Wisconsin, Michigan St., Michigan). I think you're just counterreacting to the media hype and not being fair here. I think those would be good games for the most part except Michigan who'd be sent packing. You've got a bias built in that really isn't supported. Giving off that laundry list of teams and saying they'd school BSU is just sort of armchair quarterback bs because even the coaches poll (you know, people who aren't just making sh1+ up after watching espn like you and me) say BSU is top 5.

BSU did state anywhere anytime btw, they got few takers. LSU turned them down from what I understand, BSU apparently offered very favorable to LSU terms. Just because VT turned out not to be as good as hoped, BSU couldn't have known that prior to the season and the expectation was that VT was going to be top 10. They played Oregon last year with the expectation that Oregon was going to be top 10, turns out they weren't- but that's not because BSU didn't try to get a top 10 team. In fact, people were talking up Oregon like they were going to be a Rose Bowl lock preseason. So they're not avoiding top 10 teams out of fear, because it really does look like they're trying to get them on the schedule. You'll know what BSU's really made of when they're in a conference with at least 3 other top 25 teams-which may be the case next year.

BSU's biggest problem is the media really wants an underdog story badly. If everyone put their conference bias bs away, I think BSU would likely be rated somewhere between 6 and 9. A perfect candidate to go to the Rose Bowl vs the Ducks. I do not think the Ducks could beat Alabama right now either btw. I'd give the ducks a real unbiased rating between 3 and 7.
__________________
-----------
Sharks have a week dedicated to me.
bigearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #18
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro
 
RB43TD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
BOOMER SOONER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just sayin'
You do realize that MU is going to send the Sooner's home crying tomorrow, right? Just sayin...........
__________________
When I was a young boy, I was certain that the world was good or bad....black or white. As time passed I grew up and learned there was only grey.
RB43TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #19
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,526
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Who does Boise play? That's what I thought.
I always said they could line up and play the Bamas, Oklahomas, and Ohio States, and beat them. BUT, they don't deserve the chance.

I'll just come out and say it. THEY DON'T DESERVE THE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care HOW good they are.

Fact is that conference is filled with pattsie games for other conferences. Here is an illustration of this. The red, obviously, are pattsie wins. Records and rankings are as of current. OUs pattsie team is from the MWC and so is one of Bamas. lmao
(I added Baylor is a pattsie even though they are in the Big 12)

HOW PATHETIC IS THIS???
Name:  New Picture.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  63.1 KB
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #20
bigearl
 
bigearl's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Napa
Posts: 553
Iowa State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Colorado should all be red as well. Just because they're big doesn't mean they're good. Colorado has a 0 carbon footprint football program though- so I'll give them 10 bonus points.

If I'm going to buy your argument, then Alabama is the only one above that really deserves a shot of the three teams shown. Therefore- your point is: only the SEC should get a shot at any bowls.
__________________
-----------
Sharks have a week dedicated to me.
bigearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #21
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,526
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
Iowa State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Colorado should all be red as well. Just because they're big doesn't mean they're good. Colorado has a 0 carbon footprint football program though- so I'll give them 10 bonus points.

If I'm going to buy your argument, then Alabama is the only one above that really deserves a shot of the three teams shown. Therefore- your point is: only the SEC should get a shot at any bowls.
You're drinking the cool-aid.

Seriously? TT, TA&M, Colorado...... PATSSIE GAMES??? You're reaching HARD. I give you a choice between A&M, Texas Tech Colorado or Toledo in a life or death game you MUST win,,,,, you're taking Toledo or any other of those teams.

Look at Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Colorados record against the MWC and the WAC. Still dominates their 'pattsie' schedule.

Oh, and Iowa State, could be red as well, but they also have a winning record against the WAC.

And I guess you haven't paid attention to MSU, Ole Miss, Tenessee and Goergia latley.

With the exeption of Iowa State, all the ones you just named have been ranked recently, and all but one, ranked in the top 10.

You'd really put Toledo, and Nevada and the rest of those with Texas Tech, A&M, and Colorado?

Name ONE team other than BSU in the WAC that can say that. JUST ONE. In fact have any of them EVER been for more than a week?

And my 'point' is that college football and the whole system is stupid.
__________________

Last edited by PQ; 10-22-2010 at 07:20 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #22
2010-1SS-IBM

 
Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
And my 'point' is that college football and the whole system is stupid.
I like the college system better than everything else. The regular season should be all that matters in every sport. Playoffs are just a marketting scheme.

I'd get rid of conference championships too (arbitrary).
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #23
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,526
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
I like the college system better than everything else. The regular season should be all that matters in every sport. Playoffs are just a marketting scheme.

I'd get rid of conference championships too (arbitrary).
Fair enough.

But if it were voted on, you'd be in the absolute minority.

I do, however, like the BCS era much better than the old method. I hated watching the number one team play the number 20 team and the number 2 team play number 12 and have NO chance of earning it. That REALLY sucked.

You gotta give it to the BCS, Cllege football is bigger now than it ever was.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #24
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,526
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
Iowa State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Colorado should all be red as well. Just because they're big doesn't mean they're good. Colorado has a 0 carbon footprint football program though- so I'll give them 10 bonus points.

If I'm going to buy your argument, then Alabama is the only one above that really deserves a shot of the three teams shown. Therefore- your point is: only the SEC should get a shot at any bowls.
Say what about Iowa State?

Texas 21, Iowa State 28 F


Had a WAC team, other than BSU, done that they would put up a sign.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #25
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro
 
RB43TD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 537
MU - 36 OU - 27. Good game.
__________________
When I was a young boy, I was certain that the world was good or bad....black or white. As time passed I grew up and learned there was only grey.
RB43TD is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NCAA Football Trash Talk Thread.... 1320junkie The Sports Lounge 4240 10-22-2010 02:45 PM
COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD...R U ready for Some football? hb-rocks The Sports Lounge 150 10-16-2010 11:05 PM
BCS Playoff The_Blur Off-topic Discussions 4 01-09-2009 06:36 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.