Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 11-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #76
xRoyalFlush
Camaro = Beast

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS "Black Bee"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
i've heard the v2 in person, and honestly think the gibson sounds better.
Honestly, I don't think someone can say one exhaust sounds better than another if they already have one of those installed because of course they would be biased towards their exhaust. But idk that's just me (btw I don't have the MRT v2, or v1, or any aftermarket exhaust for that matter..)

"BLKBEEE"
Thank you Hazman
xRoyalFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #77
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Bias may play a hand, but he had a magnaflow exhaust setup before, and he switched, so I'm thinking that says something as well.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:07 AM   #78
xRoyalFlush
Camaro = Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Bias may play a hand, but he had a magnaflow exhaust setup before, and he switched, so I'm thinking that says something as well.
Yeah I see your point, but the Magnaflows sound nothing like the MRT's , at least in vids they don't, they sound much quieter. But you get my point about the biased thing, or at least I think you do

"BLKBEEE"
Thank you Hazman
Old 11-06-2010, 01:19 AM   #79
xRoyalFlush
Camaro = Beast

Oh and also, when are better vids going to be posted?

"BLKBEEE"
Thank you Hazman
Old 11-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #80
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRoyalFlush View Post
Waiting for SDCamaro to post his vids. Probably going to be while for me to do more, my camera blew up and I don't have access to another at the moment...
Old 11-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #81
NOVAK

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Summit White/Beige
How is the drone as compared to the MRT V2? I'm still deciding on a Corsa cat back, MRT V2 or this Gibson axel back. I would like to add the ARH long tubes with hi flows and a CAI so I'm still trying to decide what exhaust set up will work best with the headers while keeping the drone to a minimum or nothing at all. The Corsa cat back seems like a good choice since it supposedly has no drone so I'm thinking if I add the headers then I should have a decent set up? What do you guys think?
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #82
Demon Hunter

I haven't heard the MRT V2.0 drone in person so I can't speak for that. I can tell you however that the drone with the Gibson set up is not bad at all and If you add the CAI it sounds even better!
Old 11-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #83
xRoyalFlush
Camaro = Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
Waiting for SDCamaro to post his vids. Probably going to be while for me to do more, my camera blew up and I don't have access to another at the moment...
Oh alright, hopefully that will be soon . That sucks and how did it happen lol, are you planning on getting a new one?

"BLKBEEE"
Thank you Hazman
Old 11-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #84
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Oh alright, hopefully that will be soon . That sucks and how did it happen lol, are you planning on getting a new one?
Not sure. IT an HD digital Camera and the hard drive some how corrupted on it & I cent get it to write to the SD card with out it corrupting the files. I'll get a new one when I get the money.... Which might be a while...
Old 11-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #85
xRoyalFlush
Camaro = Beast

Quote:
Not sure. IT an HD digital Camera and the hard drive some how corrupted on it & I cent get it to write to the SD card with out it corrupting the files. I'll get a new one when I get the money.... Which might be a while...
Oh I see, I wonder what the problem is .

"BLKBEEE"
Thank you Hazman
Old 11-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #86
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Honestly, I don't think someone can say one exhaust sounds better than another if they already have one of those installed because of course they would be biased towards their exhaust. But idk that's just me (btw I don't have the MRT v2, or v1, or any aftermarket exhaust for that matter..)
I can post my opinion about what sounds better, its my opinion, you're free to think whatever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Bias always plays a hand. I loved my magnaflows, but glad i switched. I do really like the Gibson. Its a little bit raspier then the magnaflows, so i will be making some adjustments. I need to find another H-pipe, my wife tossed mine. :(

Quote:
Yeah I see your point, but the Magnaflows sound nothing like the MRT's , at least in vids they don't, they sound much quieter. But you get my point about the biased thing, or at least I think you do
You're right, they dont. You have to understand that the microphones built in to cameras can sometimes not be able to pick up certain frequencies, so even the most minor difference in a note, can mean BIG difference in the audio in a video clip.

Quote:
Quote:
I'll try to get them up sometime soon, ive been in vegas at SEMA, and just got back.

I happened to hear PoorMansCamaro's Corsa exhaust this weekend too as he was driving off and let me tell ya.. if i had the money i would probably go corsa.. lol. sounded pretty awesome. and sounds NOTHING like it does in videos.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #87
xRoyalFlush
Camaro = Beast

Quote:
I'll try to get them up sometime soon, ive been in vegas at SEMA, and just got back.

I happened to hear PoorMansCamaro's Corsa exhaust this weekend too as he was driving off and let me tell ya.. if i had the money i would probably go corsa.. lol. sounded pretty awesome. and sounds NOTHING like it does in videos.
Alright whenever is cool . SEMA must have been fun .

Yea Corsa doesn't sound that great in any of the videos (IMO) how was it at idle? Pretty quiet, or was it loud (as in louder than stock).

"BLKBEEE"
Thank you Hazman
Old 11-08-2010, 10:37 PM   #88
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Alright whenever is cool . SEMA must have been fun .

Yea Corsa doesn't sound that great in any of the videos (IMO) how was it at idle? Pretty quiet, or was it loud (as in louder than stock).
I would say.. sounds like a V8, with a mild conservative exhaust system, it was deep and throaty, and not overly loud.. but louder than stock.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #89
xRoyalFlush
Camaro = Beast

Quote:
I would say.. sounds like a V8, with a mild conservative exhaust system, it was deep and throaty, and not overly loud.. but louder than stock.
Cool, only problem is that the Corsa's are expensive :(

"BLKBEEE"
Thank you Hazman
Old 11-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #90
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Cool, only problem is that the Corsa's are expensive :(
True statement. However, Demon Hunters exhaust sounds very close to it, maybe even a little better, at more then half the price. The biggest difference is that you wont see any gains in HP/TQ with an axleback, and with a full cat back you will atleast see some gains, even if its only a couple.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:04 PM   #91
xRoyalFlush
Camaro = Beast

Quote:
True statement. However, Demon Hunters exhaust sounds very close to it, maybe even a little better, at more then half the price. The biggest difference is that you wont see any gains in HP/TQ with an axleback, and with a full cat back you will atleast see some gains, even if its only a couple.
Oh cool, that's nice to know. Can't wait until the better vid gets posted

"BLKBEEE"
Thank you Hazman
Old 11-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #92
Demon Hunter

Quote:
I think the difference is definitely the H-pipe. It gives you more of a rumble and makes it louder. I've been reading, and I'm not really sure there's much of a difference in performance switching to a x-pipe, but for sound the H is definitely the way to go. Just my $.02....
Old 11-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #93
SDCamaro10

Quote:
I think the difference is definitely the H-pipe. It gives you more of a rumble and makes it louder. I've been reading, and I'm not really sure there's much of a difference in performance switching to a x-pipe, but for sound the H is definitely the way to go. Just my $.02....
I have a 4 day weekend, care to meet up and make some new vids??

As for performance, the x-pipe will help the flow of exhaust, make it leave the car faster.. usually yields some gains. Also, it improved my MPG's about 4-5 on average. Varies with each car though.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #94
Demon Hunter

Quote:

As for performance, the x-pipe will help the flow of exhaust, make it leave the car faster.. usually yields some gains. Also, it improved my MPG's about 4-5 on average. Varies with each car though.
I'll be at Adkins Friday morning. We can meet up there or somewhere else after.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #95
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Quote:

4-5? Man thats great! With all I have done I think I got jack and squat! At least in town anyway. Yeah x pulls for low to mid range torque and maybe some top end but on these cars any gain is wonderful. Add that to a wopping 3-4 with a axelback and now were really talking!

I remember with the v8's we said we refered to 10 hp as gained no hp!
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes /Magnaflow resonated X Pipe/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #96
NOVAK

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Summit White/Beige
Quote:
I haven't heard the MRT V2.0 drone in person so I can't speak for that. I can tell you however that the drone with the Gibson set up is not bad at all and If you add the CAI it sounds even better!
Just ordered the Injen and Gibson Axel Back from parts train for $779 with $78 off w/coupon code. Can't wait to test it out!

2010 Chevrolet Camaro VN Gibson Exhaust System Exhaust System Camaro|VN
Gibson
Qty: 1.00 Price: $ 442.13
Part #: I24PF7010P
2010 Chevrolet Camaro LT Injen Cold Air Intake Cold Air Intake Camaro|LT
Injen
Qty: 1.00 Price: $ 338.20

Sub Total: $780.33
Shipping: $14.36
Handling: $3.22
Tax: $59.39
Core: $0.00
Discount: $78.03
Total: $779.27
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #97
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAK View Post
Just ordered the Injen and Gibson Axel Back from parts train for $779 with $78 off w/coupon code. Can't wait to test it out!

2010 Chevrolet Camaro VN Gibson Exhaust System Exhaust System Camaro|VN
Gibson
Qty: 1.00 Price: $ 442.13
Part #: I24PF7010P
2010 Chevrolet Camaro LT Injen Cold Air Intake Cold Air Intake Camaro|LT
Injen
Qty: 1.00 Price: $ 338.20

Sub Total: $780.33
Shipping: $14.36
Handling: $3.22
Tax: $59.39
Core: $0.00
Discount: $78.03
Total: $779.27
congrats on the purchase, im sure you'll like it alot! Made a good choice. Be sure to post some vids when you get it all installed.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #98
BlackVelvet

Drives: an absolute dream.
Me likey! Can't wait to see/hear more vids!
Old 11-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #99
SDCamaro10

Demon hunter and I got together today over at Adkins Performance and shot a few new videos, of both of our cars, so everyone can hear the differences. Should be up within the next couple days so stay tuned!
Old 11-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #100
larryt1026

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT
I live in Florida...do you think the aluminized one will rust here? I don't know if all the rain and humidity here will cause rusting. I absolutely hate rust..
larryt1026 is offline   Reply With Quote