Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 11-13-2010, 02:53 AM   #101
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryt1026 View Post
I live in Florida...do you think the aluminized one will rust here? I don't know if all the rain and humidity here will cause rusting. I absolutely hate rust..
In Florida.. with the rain, hurricanes, humidity and ocean.. i would go stainless. The aluminum would probably rust.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #102
SDCamaro10

So here is a teaser vid.. lol. I got bored. We took a LOT more videos, drive by's, in cabin, hard and soft accel, decel.. and those will be uploaded maybe monday.

The first part of this clip was when i had my magnaflows on. there is a bit of background noise(alot) but you can still hear how they sound quite well. Be sure to use some decent headphones. The Gibson is towards the end of the clip, and sounds way better.. well, i'll let you all be the judges. Expect better vids here soon.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #103
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2012 VR 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
So here is a teaser vid.. lol. I got bored. We took a LOT more videos, drive by's, in cabin, hard and soft accel, decel.. and those will be uploaded maybe monday.

The first part of this clip was when i had my magnaflows on. there is a bit of background noise(alot) but you can still hear how they sound quite well. Be sure to use some decent headphones. The Gibson is towards the end of the clip, and sounds way better.. well, i'll let you all be the judges. Expect better vids here soon.

NOW YOU'VE GONE AND DONE IT! I like the sound but want to hear more and let us no how the rasp turns out and how you fixed it. I will compare to mine when you have it sorted out.
Mine I know is different with the headers and res x pipe so hard to compare with your old system .Wonder what Gibson what sound like with the rest of my setup

Oh yeah we were in SD yesterday at Point Loma walking around, sure was nice out! Had a nice drive down, but with the first drive like that with the windows up I now notice more drone with the 87 octane vs 91 and the headers have added some I believe. All at 72-75 mph, light load on the 5 freeway with the rolling hills that helps cause it. Let us know how the Gibson does under those conditions if you can, don't want to sub one for the other and have same issues.

Thanks and hope to see you again at another event.
#1 car 2010 Black 2LTRS 1/28/10-10/15/11, 17900 miles
#2 car 2012 Red 2SSRS 10/15/11-
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #104
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
sounds good! whats the price dif between these and mrt v1? i still need some videos :( ive been set on mrt v1 for so long
Old 11-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #105
ADKINS PERFORMANCE
Banned

Drives: boosting camaro
If any one needs gibson exhaust setup give me a call 951-205-7941 or send me a pm
ADKINS PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #106
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
NOW YOU'VE GONE AND DONE IT! I like the sound but want to hear more and let us no how the rasp turns out and how you fixed it. I will compare to mine when you have it sorted out.
Mine I know is different with the headers and res x pipe so hard to compare with your old system .Wonder what Gibson what sound like with the rest of my setup

Oh yeah we were in SD yesterday at Point Loma walking around, sure was nice out! Had a nice drive down, but with the first drive like that with the windows up I now notice more drone with the 87 octane vs 91 and the headers have added some I believe. All at 72-75 mph, light load on the 5 freeway with the rolling hills that helps cause it. Let us know how the Gibson does under those conditions if you can, don't want to sub one for the other and have same issues.

Thanks and hope to see you again at another event.
More vids will be posted sometime shortly, theyre being edited together and stuff.

It seems that i'm only getting the rasp when i do hard rev's at idle. under load im not hearing much. I had demon hunter drive my car for me as well and from where i was standing(behind it) i didnt hear much, if any, rasp while it was under load and moving. I think i may have heard a little bit for a split second while going from 1st to 2nd but it was def minimal and bearable. I can live with it and not complain i guess.

I use mid grade pump gas, used to only put in premium but not worth the extra cash for minimal performance gain since im not racing it. I usually drive about 70-75 mph with an occasional 80 burst because of the socal flow of traffic and even while going through hills the drone is still very minimal. less drone then my magnaflows. ive already put almost 2000 miles on the Gibson, made a few trips to vegas, and a few trips north of LA so the hills didnt make much of a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
sounds good! whats the price dif between these and mrt v1? i still need some videos :( ive been set on mrt v1 for so long
I think the mrt's sell for 499 and i think are on sale right now for 429? The MRT's are just resonators.. the Gibson is an actual muffler and comes in aluminum or stainless. I think the stainless goes for 435? Someone feel free to correct me if im wrong.. and the aluminum is less then that.

So it's all up to you and your preferences. I think they both sound good, mrt v1's maybe a little too harsh but still ok. If i had to do it all over again, i would still get the gibsons. i wont be putting anything with the name "Mustang" on my car.

EDIT: Oh and just wait until the other vids are posted. Demon hunters car sounds pretty bad ass with the resonator delete and gibson axle back. I think you guys will like it alot!
Old 11-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #107
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Looking forward to more vids. Nice teaser vid, but in that video the only real difference I hear is that the Gibson had more "burble" in the acceleration....or whatever you want to call it lol. Tone sounded the same, but the magnaflows are just much smoother...and that is no slam on the Gibsons, just a statement. They sound sweet!

But I'm sure its different in person, and hopefully your other videos will demonstrate that. I know the original Gibson vid from Demon does sound different forsure.

I'm very partial to the low tones of my custom magnaflow setup...I would just love to have that snarl that the BBK headers seem to add....just like OUR BEE's setup! Probably is, I doubt I'll ever get that unless I just go all out and get long tubes some day lol.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #108
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Looking forward to more vids. Nice teaser vid, but in that video the only real difference I hear is that the Gibson had more "burble" in the acceleration....or whatever you want to call it lol. Tone sounded the same, but the magnaflows are just much smoother...and that is no slam on the Gibsons, just a statement. They sound sweet!

But I'm sure its different in person, and hopefully your other videos will demonstrate that. I know the original Gibson vid from Demon does sound different forsure.

I'm very partial to the low tones of my custom magnaflow setup...I would just love to have that snarl that the BBK headers seem to add....just like OUR BEE's setup! Probably is, I doubt I'll ever get that unless I just go all out and get long tubes some day lol.
Its more noticeable in person. my magnaflows didnt play well with my non resonated x pipe.. and it got a lot of the 'tuner' sound on take off's, cruising, and rpm's between 2-3.5k. under hard accel the magnaflows sounded pretty good because they kind of woke up, you know? the gibsons just sound great in every range. the new mic that i got did a great job in capturing the tones and everything, and i only wish it could record how we hear things and not just partial frequencies lol. Side by side, the gibsons made my old setup sound quiet.

Now im sure if i had the resonated x, the magnaflows would sound awesome. i still love the magnaflows, but i'll be sticking with the gibsons for sure.

Our Bees sounds pretty killer. if i had the money i would probably get the LT's. Still debating on the DT shorties though, maybe after Christmas, and after i pay registration in January.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #109
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Our Bees sounds pretty killer. if i had the money i would probably get the LT's. Still debating on the DT shorties though, maybe after Christmas, and after i pay registration in January.
I hear you on the DTs...debating those as well!
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #110
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
More vids will be posted sometime shortly, theyre being edited together and stuff.

It seems that i'm only getting the rasp when i do hard rev's at idle. under load im not hearing much. I had demon hunter drive my car for me as well and from where i was standing(behind it) i didnt hear much, if any, rasp while it was under load and moving. I think i may have heard a little bit for a split second while going from 1st to 2nd but it was def minimal and bearable. I can live with it and not complain i guess.

I use mid grade pump gas, used to only put in premium but not worth the extra cash for minimal performance gain since im not racing it. I usually drive about 70-75 mph with an occasional 80 burst because of the socal flow of traffic and even while going through hills the drone is still very minimal. less drone then my magnaflows. ive already put almost 2000 miles on the Gibson, made a few trips to vegas, and a few trips north of LA so the hills didnt make much of a difference.

I think the mrt's sell for 499 and i think are on sale right now for 429? The MRT's are just resonators.. the Gibson is an actual muffler and comes in aluminum or stainless. I think the stainless goes for 435? Someone feel free to correct me if im wrong.. and the aluminum is less then that.

So it's all up to you and your preferences. I think they both sound good, mrt v1's maybe a little too harsh but still ok. If i had to do it all over again, i would still get the gibsons. i wont be putting anything with the name "Mustang" on my car.

EDIT: Oh and just wait until the other vids are posted. Demon hunters car sounds pretty bad ass with the resonator delete and gibson axle back. I think you guys will like it alot!
Thanks SD,
I took her out to the beach to listen to the drone again and it definately
is the rate of incline at cruise and low rpm lugging of the motor. Heading to the beach,slightly down hill no drone, slight exhaust sound,coming back slight uphill and more drone but not like the 5 freeway to SD and back. Only change was from 91 to 87 and each time I did that more drone, after I got rid of it with the res xpipe and headers.The drone is with the res x pipe and I know what your saying about the Magnaflows and drone as I had them with no x pipe at first. I will switch back to 91 and then try 89 to see if that really is it. Hate to use 91 just to tame it down but could be the whole combo I now have contributing and 91 just masked it
Mods: Outlaw Axelback & J Pipes/Heritage&Stillen Grill/Halltech CAI/Apex Scoop,Washer Bottle/OEM Strut Tower Brace/VMax T/B/ G.M. Blade Spoiler/SLP Splitter/TSW Nurburgring wheels & Michelin Super Sport tires/JBA Shorty Headers,HiFlow cats & tune/Remote Clutch resovoir/ Pedders Supercar coilovers and Pedders 27mm/32mm ZL1 Spec sway bars / Whiteline craddle Inserts & Upper rear arm bushes/ 416/414 RW HP/TQ
Old 11-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #111
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Quote:

I've heard SDcamaro's car with both the magnaflow and the Gibson, and it definitely sounds a lot more aggressive with the Gibsons. After doing all the video, I can say I am a huge fan of how his exhaust sounds, the x-pipe gives it a nice smooth low sound, but it definitely wakes up when you get on it. I'll be posting the vids a little later today, so stay tuned!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #112
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
I've heard SDcamaro's car with both the magnaflow and the Gibson, and it definitely sounds a lot more aggressive with the Gibsons. After doing all the video, I can say I am a huge fan of how his exhaust sounds, the x-pipe gives it a nice smooth low sound, but it definitely wakes up when you get on it. I'll be posting the vids a little later today, so stay tuned!
Awesome! I think you're right, and after hearing it myself, with you driving, i think i will be keeping the x-pipe and not switching back to the H.

Your setup is def. more aggressive than mine.. the cop that waved her badge at me while i was driving your car would probably agree with me. lol.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #113
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Awesome! I think you're right, and after hearing it myself, with you driving, i think i will be keeping the x-pipe and not switching back to the H.

Your setup is def. more aggressive than mine.. the cop that waved her badge at me while i was driving your car would probably agree with me. lol.
HAHAHA!!! True that. Nothing like pissing off a cop while racing up and down a street filming video!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #114
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
HAHAHA!!! True that. Nothing like pissing off a cop while racing up and down a street filming video!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #115
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Will be waiting to here the new vids. Tommorrow night 91 goes back in the car and will let you know if made any difference to the drone. I'll be finding out pretty quick as I intend to be running through this next tank fairly fast. Friday the car goes to Hotchkis for an early Xmas present!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:56 AM   #116
NOVAK

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Summit White/Beige
Ha so I installed my Gibson axel-back and Injen CAI on Saturday and so far I'm really impressed with the sound and performance. The car seems to be a little less laggy on acceleration and the grumble is such a huge improvement as compared to the stock exhaust. I was driving through the parking garage at my work this morning and set off a few alarms on my way up and I only have a V-6 axel-back! Can't wait to toss on some ARH LT's!

Oh snap... I was rear ended today on highway 50 during my cruise home from work :( Totally sucks.. I've only had the car for a month and a half. It's not too bad though.

NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:30 AM   #117
camaroitalia

still waiting... lol
Old 11-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #118
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAK View Post
Ha so I installed my Gibson axel-back and Injen CAI on Saturday and so far I'm really impressed with the sound and performance. The car seems to be a little less laggy on acceleration and the grumble is such a huge improvement as compared to the stock exhaust. I was driving through the parking garage at my work this morning and set off a few alarms on my way up and I only have a V-6 axel-back! Can't wait to toss on some ARH LT's!

Oh snap... I was rear ended today on highway 50 during my cruise home from work :( Totally sucks.. I've only had the car for a month and a half. It's not too bad though.

Congrats on the install, hope you like it.

Sorry about the accident, that sucks man!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #119
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
still waiting... lol
Sorry, had a last minute dead line crunch at work yesterday and wasn't able to finish them. I'm working on them now.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #120
Demon Hunter

Just added some video!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:38 PM   #121
SDCamaro10

Cool vid! "whose is faster??" LoL.. I was trying not to laugh when he yelled that.

Vid is on first page, if anyone missed it.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #122
Demon Hunter

Just added SDCamaro's exhaust vid to the op.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #123
SDCamaro10

The vids came out great, thanks for doing the editting.

You can definitely hear the difference between the two, and they sound awesome. That little microphone did a pretty good job of picking it all up.

What do you guys think?
Old 11-16-2010, 09:34 PM   #124
camaroitalia

Thanks guys! they sound nice, good videos! and awesome, bonus points for the Camaro5 shout out! lol
Old 11-16-2010, 11:34 PM   #125
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
The vids came out great, thanks for doing the editting.

You can definitely hear the difference between the two, and they sound awesome. That little microphone did a pretty good job of picking it all up.

What do you guys think?
Sounds good,almost like mrt v1 vs v2 as far as loudness, but I'm more partial to yours,less rasp and just don't like em to loud for my sedate tastes. Wonder what a resonated x would sound like on it?