Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
torresfebles
 
Drives: Camaro 2ss 2010
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 64
reverse sensor not audible after metra kit install

I installed a pionner avic Z120bt with the Metra kit. I noticed that my reverse sensor is not audible anymore, or the seat belt alarm. Does anybody know how to correct the problem?
Please help. That reverse sensor is a big help.
torresfebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
CamaroGeek
 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 84
Can you hear other chimes? To test, turn on the car, shut it off, then open the door with the keys still in the ignition. It should chime until you pull out the key.

If you don't hear it, you will need to adjust the chime volume potentiometer on the board, the one further away from the corner of the board. Turning it CCW increases the chime volume. Doing the "key in the ignition, car off, door open" thing is a good way to get a constant chime to set the level.
CamaroGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
akprad
 
Drives: Camaro 2LS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 16
I have a metra kit too but the chime volumes are too high and I am wondering how to access the potentiometer? Do I need to remove the metra dash kit in order to access or is it somewhere else? Please help!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGeek View Post
Can you hear other chimes? To test, turn on the car, shut it off, then open the door with the keys still in the ignition. It should chime until you pull out the key.

If you don't hear it, you will need to adjust the chime volume potentiometer on the board, the one further away from the corner of the board. Turning it CCW increases the chime volume. Doing the "key in the ignition, car off, door open" thing is a good way to get a constant chime to set the level.
akprad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:39 PM   #4
ZeuSS2011
 
Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS / Black 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by akprad View Post
I have a metra kit too but the chime volumes are too high and I am wondering how to access the potentiometer? Do I need to remove the metra dash kit in order to access or is it somewhere else? Please help!
Thanks!
Yes. The Axxess Interface should be behind the head unit. You'd have to remove the dash kit to get to it. As per the instructions:
1- With the car on, shut car off and leave the keys in the ignition. Open car door and leave it open. Chimes will be heard.
2- Wait 10 seconds, then with a small screwdriver adjust the potentiometer fully counterclockwise (left), then clockwise to raise chime level and counterclockwise to lower the chime level.
3- When the volume is at the desired level, remove the keys from the ignition. This will lock the chime volume at its current level.
ZeuSS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
akprad
 
Drives: Camaro 2LS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 16
Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeuSS2011 View Post
Yes. The Axxess Interface should be behind the head unit. You'd have to remove the dash kit to get to it. As per the instructions:
1- With the car on, shut car off and leave the keys in the ignition. Open car door and leave it open. Chimes will be heard.
2- Wait 10 seconds, then with a small screwdriver adjust the potentiometer fully counterclockwise (left), then clockwise to raise chime level and counterclockwise to lower the chime level.
3- When the volume is at the desired level, remove the keys from the ignition. This will lock the chime volume at its current level.
akprad is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4.10/3.73 Gear & Install Kit Packages, Pfadt Diff Bushings Upgrade Now Available! Apex Motorsports Transmission / Driveline 174 08-16-2012 04:03 PM
DIY: Cheap and EASY Reverse Camera Install (lots of pics) 13lade Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions 13 12-04-2010 07:49 PM
Metra install - need installer advice / sanity check SS Drifter Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 8 08-24-2010 03:48 AM
Metra Kit Issue? phenixdragon Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum 26 07-18-2010 02:42 PM
watch out for lazy dealers that install the ground effects kit wrong. AutobotSS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 07-17-2009 02:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.