Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
diaz62601
 
Drives: trucks
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indio
Posts: 15
Has anyone heard of a pushed up release date?

The reason i ask is because a dealership called me bacause i was online looking at the car and trying to get a fel for the msrp with the options i wanted, to see how much better costco can do (like i know they will) so a salesmen contacts me and gives me the schpeel, when i said i was going to wait until march and thats when he told me that they where getting camaros in mid februuary does anyone know? i live in california, palm springs area
diaz62601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,456
Production begins Feb 16th. Been that way for a while. Still will take a few weeks to get to dealers from then.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #3
camaro5


 
camaro5's Avatar
 
Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 4,430
Production begins Monday Feb.16th if no delays. 10,000 are in queue now waiting in line.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #4
diaz62601
 
Drives: trucks
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indio
Posts: 15
Yeah, thats wat i heard but this delership is really on there toes, i orderd a work truck from them a few years ago, i wanted specific things posi rear end, diesel, long bed tool box allison trany they found the only one around and had it the next day, so when these guys are telling me they'll have a fw in mid feb. it plants a seed. wat do u guys think, r they just trying to get me in to order one? and also what is the going deposit rate?
diaz62601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
TheClassicCarKid

 
TheClassicCarKid's Avatar
 
Drives: V45
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaz62601 View Post
Yeah, thats wat i heard but this delership is really on there toes, i orderd a work truck from them a few years ago, i wanted specific things posi rear end, diesel, long bed tool box allison trany they found the only one around and had it the next day, so when these guys are telling me they'll have a fw in mid feb. it plants a seed. wat do u guys think, r they just trying to get me in to order one? and also what is the going deposit rate?
Deposits vary dealer to dealer although a lot are either 500 or 1000 dollars.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
All of the stang guys in one thread..wow..lol
.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #6
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper
 
djsnoflake's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
Posts: 2,791
I put down 12 grand. Made the salesman take me a little more seriously, since I stopped in after a shift at the mine and wasn't looking terribly 'presentable' or like i had 'money'
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:45 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 25,900
They will NOT have them in mid-feb. I promise you. The dealer is misinformed. Technically, mid feb is the 14th...they are two days shy....no really, they won't get them until March.
__________________
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #8
diaz62601
 
Drives: trucks
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indio
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
They will NOT have them in mid-feb. I promise you. The dealer is misinformed. Technically, mid feb is the 14th...they are two days shy....no really, they won't get them until March.
Thanks for the re=assurance
diaz62601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #9
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,585
And the factory will be, for the most part, shut down through Feb 9th. So, I don't see how anyone can expect a car before March.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #10
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"
 
super60's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Camaro Build Team , Oshawa
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
And the factory will be, for the most part, shut down through Feb 9th. So, I don't see how anyone can expect a car before March.

Sorry maybe i missed something!! Who said the plant is down till Feb 9th ?
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #11
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
Whoa, you can buy a Camaro at Costco?????????
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #12
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M
 
OUR72GTO's Avatar
 
Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kamloops,British Columbia
Posts: 4,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
Sorry maybe i missed something!! Who said the plant is down till Feb 9th ?
Seems you missed a lot.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:29 PM   #13
CamaroSpike23
Mr. Nitpicky
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,856
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I put down 12 grand. Made the salesman take me a little more seriously, since I stopped in after a shift at the mine and wasn't looking terribly 'presentable' or like i had 'money'
thats the way to do it.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Read that link that Spike posted, it'll tell you everything you need to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #14
Matster

 
Matster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Posts: 1,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
Seems you missed a lot.
Super60 works at the plant in Oshawa, according to him and others here on maro5 that work for the plant, the maro line is not being effectd by the shut downs.
__________________
666 EVIL RWHP BUILT AND TUNED BY SHIFTED PERCEPTIONS INC.(SPi)

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:37 PM   #15
Matster

 
Matster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Posts: 1,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
Whoa, you can buy a Camaro at Costco?????????
You can't actually buy the car at Costco, but they get members a decent discount on new vehicles through select car companies.
__________________
666 EVIL RWHP BUILT AND TUNED BY SHIFTED PERCEPTIONS INC.(SPi)

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #16
diaz62601
 
Drives: trucks
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indio
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
Super60 works at the plant in Oshawa, according to him and others here on maro5 that work for the plant, the maro line is not being effectd by the shut downs.
So, then where does that leave us, due any of you guys think this dealership will have cam's in mid feb.?????
diaz62601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #17
The_Blur
Moderator, USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 11VR2SSA6
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Pensacola
Posts: 13,797
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
You can't actually buy the car at Costco, but they get members a decent discount on new vehicles through select car companies.
Tell us more about this. Any discount is welcome.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:31 PM   #18
diaz62601
 
Drives: trucks
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indio
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Tell us more about this. Any discount is welcome.
I've bought my 2500 HD GMC, my dads toyota tundra, and my moms sequoya? i think thats how u spell it anyway, if you have membership you go on the website type in your memb. number type in your info. on the car you want and they find it and show u the dealers that have it or can get it for u, at the price that they give you, no hassle, no haggle and the dealership cant give you any crap and you can finance with who ever you want, the only problem is you cant order a cam until they come out, i was thinking of putting down a deposit with the dealer ship to get the car here and then buy it through costco but i dont think they'll go for it because they dont make any money since you get it a little over invoice "yes invoice not MSRP" i've done it three times so trust me. Hope this helps!
diaz62601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:58 AM   #19
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074
 
trm0002's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo,NY 'burbs
Posts: 4,206
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaz62601 View Post
I've bought my 2500 HD GMC, my dads toyota tundra, and my moms sequoya? i think thats how u spell it anyway, if you have membership you go on the website type in your memb. number type in your info. on the car you want and they find it and show u the dealers that have it or can get it for u, at the price that they give you, no hassle, no haggle and the dealership cant give you any crap and you can finance with who ever you want, the only problem is you cant order a cam until they come out, i was thinking of putting down a deposit with the dealer ship to get the car here and then buy it through costco but i dont think they'll go for it because they dont make any money since you get it a little over invoice "yes invoice not MSRP" i've done it three times so trust me. Hope this helps!
I would help in any scenario where allocation wasn't already allotted. There is no way Costco gets an allocation now before September and no way any dealer gives up one or more vehicles in theirs so Costco can sell a car at invoice. No way.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #20
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
So I wonder who Costco is contracted with - the dealer or GM. If it's GM the Camaro my appear sooner with dealers forced to accept the price, but I agree most dealers are going to be reluctant to let them go for near invoice for a long time, probably well into 2010. If you're not in a hurry it sounds like a good deal.
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #21
diaz62601
 
Drives: trucks
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indio
Posts: 15
So now that production starts on the 12th of Jan., can we expect the cam's in mid feb?
diaz62601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #22
camaropete
I love crepes
 
camaropete's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,313
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaz62601 View Post
So now that production starts on the 12th of Jan., can we expect the cam's in mid feb?
Production of saleable units for the captured test fleet actually started in December. Cars have been rolling off the line since then. However, production of ordered vehicles won't start until 2/16. So, it is unlikely that you will see any cars at dealers until March unless something major is announced at the IDL session this week.
__________________
camaropete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #23
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,456
What? No... production starts Feb 16th.

If you're referring to oshawainsider's post, he was talking about the pilot cars. Nothing is being built at the moment and that's when they get back to building those.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #24
diaz62601
 
Drives: trucks
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indio
Posts: 15
You guys are great, you have too love all the information you can get here and all the guys that go out and find it and bring it back CAmARO5 you're the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
diaz62601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #25
camaro5


 
camaro5's Avatar
 
Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 4,430
We're Cuckoo for Camaro!
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last Date For Order Changes Rodrunner Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 14 11-30-2008 11:40 AM
* Bill Heard Chevy CLOSED * CamaroScotty Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 26 10-14-2008 07:03 AM
General Camaro Questions - wheel size / Release Date ProCamaross Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 11 05-14-2008 09:36 AM
Release Date Information ProCamaross Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 6 04-25-2008 03:09 AM
Anyone else hear this....2011 Release Date!! BRNLKY2 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 18 10-09-2007 11:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.