Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 10-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
New Dual & Triple intank fuel set up

Looks like the folks at fore precision works are in the process of finishing their new intank fuel pump solution for the Camaro. I have been in context with them along the process of this project, it will turn out very nice, and be economical.

Little background from their web site

"Entering production soon, we proudly announce the new fuel system standard for the 5th generation Camaro. Using the same technology used in our Mustang and Chrysler products, this system will be capable of supporting up to 1300 rear wheel horsepower in your original fuel tank. The entire OEM function of the fuel tank will be maintained, from the level sender, fuel filler neck, and even has an integrated venturi pump to preserve the factory crossover function. You even have the option of running a full return system, or maintaining the OEM return less setup.

Hermetic wire seals and teflon insulated, silver plated copper wires for years of trouble free operation
Integrated venturi pump for full OEM tank capacity and usability
True bolt-in installation: no cutting or fabrication for installation
Uses OEM quality GSS340 pumps for maximum reliability, performance, and quiet operation
Capacity of the same performance of a "2000hp" external pump in a reliable, in tank package without the noise.
Full billet and o-ring construction for maximum reliability...no welds, caulk, or mis-applied OEM parts
Reuses OEM level sender for complete compatibility with factory electronics "

Should be a great fit for a lot of consumers on this forum, and specifically FI guys! If any one has any questions let me know, we are always on the front edge of new products!

Regards

Last edited by IPS Brandon; 10-22-2010 at 04:48 PM.
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Looks good!!!!

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
looks good but to get 1300 hp out of it seems that you will have to redo the entire system w/1/2" fuel line.

CAI w/ADM scoop,Magnacharged 3.8 pulley,L92 ported heads,ss valves,patriot springs,yella terra rockers,Comp cam,L99 to LS3 conv.ATI super damper,Taylor plug wires,NGK plugs,ARH 1 7/8 lt headers w/Borla stingers,Elite oil catch can,trans cooler,Jannetty built Richmond 4.11 rear end,Spohn trailing arms,front Racing Brake rotors,Hawk hps pads,BMR end links,AACstyle lighting. Thanks to Shane & crew for engine work at Thunder Racing & tuner Jeoff at EPS. 501rwhp-463rwtq ++
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 AM   #4
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
price?

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
IPS Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
looks good but to get 1300 hp out of it seems that you will have to redo the entire system w/1/2" fuel line.
I don't think 1/2" is necessary but if you are going for 1300 hp your redoing your fuel system completely in one way or another !

As for price, this has not been released yet, but should be coming sooner rather then later.

Regards
Old 10-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
tkrupinski
Hugger Orange

Drives: 2010 Hugger Orange 2SS/ RS YSI/4l80
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
I don't think 1/2" is necessary but if you are going for 1300 hp your redoing your fuel system completely in one way or another !

As for price, this has not been released yet, but should be coming sooner rather then later.

Regards
Brandon, whats up. You could try that pump out on my car if you like.
tkrupinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Bet it lands just below the competitions setup ADM cough lol I dont see it being more expensive due to the fact that there is one already out they will undercut it and advertise good performance and quality. Bet YA!
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Nitto 555R@25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #8
Petersimov

Drives: 2ss
brandon can i get on the list
Petersimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #9
IPS Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersimov View Post
brandon can i get on the list
Yes

Also this setup will flow more then ADM's as far as I know, at least an intank solution, Andy is welcome to correct me if I am wrong.

Todd lets put a 3.4" upper pulley an then we can get it in there

Regards
Old 10-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #10
MissMaro
CamarO 5 Lover...on here.

Drives: Yellow
MissMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #11
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
This looks promising!

Are any upgrades to the wiring planned/needed to support extra current draw? (If there is any extra draw)
Old 10-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #12
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
I have been waiting for a triple setup for awhile now and one of the last parts so I can get my car back together. Very nice piece.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:03 PM   #13
Qwkss

Drives: Hoopty Winter Beater
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
I have been waiting for a triple setup for awhile now and one of the last parts so I can get my car back together. Very nice piece.
Shipping next week.
Qwkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #14
TeddyP25

Drives: 2SS
Is this still using the OEM fuel control module?
2SS/RS CGM/BLK GFX MN6418 Stroker.710rwhp/774lbtq..Pfadt trailing arms,toe links,coilovers,swaybars,end links,engine mounts,dif/sub bushings.MGWshifter.Tick LVL 3.BMR loop,chassis brace.ARH1 7/8 LT's/ARH exhaust.ADM gauges/race CAI.Stillen drill/slot rotors.Hawk pads.G-stop brake lines.Focal/JL Audio.custom bowties.E-FORCE SC.8 rib IW 10%OD.TSW Vairano,Nitto 315/275's.LPE dual pump/module.85lb inj,custom valve covers.RMCR tune.TOOLEY RACING CAM.JRE posi kit.JRE fuel upgrade.RX CatchCan.DSS axels/DS.WYOSPEED builthttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115687
TeddyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #15
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
That looks like a great system Brandon. Awesome for the HP people on this site. One piece of info that may be helpful is at what PSI they rate their pumps at. High boost applications require some pretty high sustained pump PSI. Nice looking unit
Old 10-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #16
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyP25 View Post
Is this still using the OEM fuel control module?
Yeah what he asked...bahahahaha
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #17
tkrupinski
Hugger Orange

Drives: 2010 Hugger Orange 2SS/ RS YSI/4l80
Quote:
Yes

Also this setup will flow more then ADM's as far as I know, at least an intank solution, Andy is welcome to correct me if I am wrong.

Regards
Killer, lets have lunch and talk about it.
tkrupinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #18
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
We use the Fore precision pump kits in our Mustang builds. Its definately a quality product. The twin and triple mustang kits run about 500 bucks (plus a couple hundred for the pumps), so it should be extremely competitive.

We know of 3 other reputable companys building billet fuel systems for Camaros, so this upcoming year should really turn out to be a giant leap forward in making these cars even faster. No more having to buy 900 dollar CTS-V knock off pump hats.

IPS, Congrats on the IRS (Independent Rear Suspension) World Record for the Corvette. You guys smashed it like it was a walk in the park. You will be in the 7's by the end of 2011.
Total_Perf_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #19
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Fore makes great stuff. I ran a triple pump set up in my 993rwhp Lightning.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #20
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Ok I am just throwing this out there since Teddy P25 did not get an answer.
I am in the process of building my ls3 and when we began to address the fuel delivery issues here is what we found. We found that the BAP systems were not fully effective due to the stock controller reducing the volt boost. We also found that the stock unit was not capable of delivering enough power for dual fuel pump systems. This led us back to the ADM option which includes a new Fuel Controller unit. Tuners have been getting false positives when setting psi boost requests on their software. When manual checks were performed the results were significantly less than the call from the system. psi was found to be as low as 45 psi on a 70 psi table under WOT.
That is why Ted was asking if stock controller is used with this package. I came very close to just nixing the entire stock tank and going with aftermarket tank and pump system. Seems like fuel delivery upgrades are lagging behind when the need has been there from the start. The bottom line is to make sure no matter what fuel upgrade system chosen it is vital to do manual checks rather than going by the tables of the tuning software as the GM fuel controller on the Camaro is not letting the voltage by nor has the capability to operate dual pumps on its own. Just my opinion but based on some pretty good facts and results from test on several high HP units.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #21
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #138
Quote:
Yes

Regards
Would make a great Jannetty or magazine test...I like it
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #22
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Yes

Regards

I will post our 4 pump system when I get back to the shop on Monday.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #23
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Drives: 2010 2SSRS for weekends mostly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post

I will post our 4 pump system when I get back to the shop on Monday.
OMG.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #24
IPS Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Yeah what he asked...bahahahaha
Speedster and others - I believe this system utilizes Walbro 255lph fuel pumps. With this system set up as a return style running a base pressure around 45 there should be no issues at all. I will see if I cant post up the Walbro flow chart (once I dig it up).

Andy - See you always have an Ace in the hole which is why I figured you had some solution. Four pumps is wild to say the least that would be PLENTY for 1500+ hp, assuming you're using 255's.

As for fuel pressure tables versus actual pressure calibrations I will have Eric our tuner lay some context on this topic as I myself may not be quite as well versed. I do know how ever if you create a return style system and run a 1:1 regulator this becomes some what of a mute topic from a calibration perspective, at least from our results, again I will have more context later on this.

Total perf. Eng. - Thank you, we put in a lot of unique skills and fabrication into our IRS record C6Z and it has paid off. We recently just changed valve springs and seat pressures to change some valve float issues we believed to have at 21 psi, which we set the current record at 19-20 psi. We have taken the car to a quick test session and logged good 23+ psi passes on the big end so we are excited to try at the 7's one more time before snow fall here in the mid west. We will have the car at the imports versus domestics for its final race this season.

Regards
Old 10-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #25
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Speedster and others - I believe this system utilizes Walbro 255lph fuel pumps. With this system set up as a return style running a base pressure around 45 there should be no issues at all. I will see if I cant post up the Walbro flow chart (once I dig it up).

Andy - See you always have an Ace in the hole which is why I figured you had some solution. Four pumps is wild to say the least that would be PLENTY for 1500+ hp, assuming you're using 255's.

As for fuel pressure tables versus actual pressure calibrations I will have Eric our tuner lay some context on this topic as I myself may not be quite as well versed. I do know how ever if you create a return style system and run a 1:1 regulator this becomes some what of a mute topic from a calibration perspective, at least from our results, again I will have more context later on this.

Total perf. Eng. - Thank you, we put in a lot of unique skills and fabrication into our IRS record C6Z and it has paid off. We recently just changed valve springs and seat pressures to change some valve float issues we believed to have at 21 psi, which we set the current record at 19-20 psi. We have taken the car to a quick test session and logged good 23+ psi passes on the big end so we are excited to try at the 7's one more time before snow fall here in the mid west. We will have the car at the imports versus domestics for its final race this season.

Regards
Always that quest for more.After watching 1400-1900whp Lambo's this weekend ,I gotta do something!!

Fore makes a beautiful system,just not sure what they intend to do with the FPCM !