Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

horizon670
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Amanda
Givin em hell since 87'

Drives: 2011 SW 1SS M6
Ode to Camaro before winter...

I have had my lovely 2011 summit white m6 ss since July 16th, we have been through alot together in the past few months. Before winter comes and she doesnt see the streets for awhile I would like to express my love and adoration.

On that Friday drive to remember, she grin and bared lugging chugging and dying a few times the first time I drove her home... she even bared her teeth at that snobby little GTO we smoked on that first journey (I dont attribute that to my shifting, lets just say the guy in the GTO was worse off HEEHEE). She taught me how to burn a little rubber.... both intentionally and unintentionally. She won me some pretty awesome stares and thumbs up from little kid transformer fans... and some jaw drops from their dads.. Silly minivans She even got me flipped-off when I asked the guy in a red v6 camaro sitting next to me at a stoplight "dont you wish you got the SS??". I meant it as a joke... his RS v6 with its custom paint probably cost more than my 1SS anyways...

We have made it through a few awfully scary times as well... like running over a 2x4 on the interstate, testing the brembos on a really.stupid.deer... (didnt hit it!) and a freak windstorm that covered my work parking lot with coffee table sized pieces of shingle... with only a few very minor paint chips sustained... mostly from normal driving. Oh... and one case of a really narrow automatic car wash vs. a wide car with a semi-inexperienced driver who can barely see over the steering wheel. Made a pretty good thump, but the TIRES just hit the metal guide on the floor (thank god no rim gouge!!-- We count our blessings daily if you cant tell).

We got pulled over once, after showing off for the charger in the next lane... 40 in a 25... naughty naughty yes, but got off with a verbal warning and a "I was hoping youd do something stupid so I could pull you over" from the cop. I thank my clean sparkly driving record for that, and maybe I owe a little to that cop too.

I could spend all day recounting the good memories ive got... but the best moment, the one that almost brought a tear to my eye, was when my plates finally came in the mail... After putting them on I stepped back to take a look, and to see my name on such a beautiful machine was astounding. After working two jobs, the second entirely dedicated to saving up for this car... well not just a car, a DREAM-- I felt the greatest sense of accomplishment I have ever felt. If you see us, a white ss with "MANDY SS" give us a wave. I have a feeling you guys are the only ones who can appreciate my story, and im sure you all have got your own to share!!!

and yes, this thread is worthless without pics... will post some when i get home
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
I will be driving my baby all year as soon as I get her. I feel for you guys up north.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
Sandor
Chevrolet Performance

Drives: Camaro Chroma
There must be something about that date, since I also picked up my Summit White SS on that same day, although mine is a 2010. Chroma will be also be going into winter storage, this weekend. A bit sad but nice to be able to visit the car, clean and dry, during the long cold winter.

I assume that as your avatar says, you have been giving 'em hell since 1987 because that's when you were born. In my case that's the year I graduated from high school and was released on an unsuspecting world...

Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandor View Post
There must be something about that date, since I also picked up my Summit White SS on that same day, although mine is a 2010. Chroma will be also be going into winter storage, this weekend. A bit sad but nice to be able to visit the car, clean and dry, during the long cold winter.

I assume that as your avatar says, you have been giving 'em hell since 1987 because that's when you were born. In my case that's the year I graduated from high school and was released on an unsuspecting world...

No I was not born 1987. That was the first year I have my first Camaro.
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
Amanda
Givin em hell since 87'

Drives: 2011 SW 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlingSS View Post
No I was not born 1987. That was the first year I have my first Camaro.

I think he was talking about me haha. I was born in 87!
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #6
Sandor
Chevrolet Performance

Drives: Camaro Chroma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
I think he was talking about me haha. I was born in 87!

Yes, that's right. But apparently lots of good things were going on in 1987!
Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote