|Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.|
|10-24-2010, 01:08 PM||#1|
rear speaker install (pictures)
Well, I did my rear speaker install, and yes, it's as much of a PITA as everyone says it is! 4 hours in and out ? I took a day and a half, but that was in part waiting for paint to dry on my fabricated speaker mount.
1. Remove the rear seat cushion and back
2. Remove the rocker panel trim.
3. remove the side panel trim (where the armrests are).
4. Remove the window trim.
5. Remove the last peice of side trim (sorry I forgot to grab a picture of this one, you can see the trim piece in picture 3). This involves disconnecting the seat belt. I did not fully remove this peice from the car, but disconnected it and laid it on the floor so I did not have to unhook the seat belts and thread them through the holes.
6. Finally, remove the rear deck and you have access to the speakers.
7. Mount the new speakers. The factory speakers are built such that they hook in on one side and are held down by one screw. This IS NOT a bracket, but the actual speaker itself, so you can't just put your speakers into the bracket and remount the same way. In addition, the holes in the deck for these are too large to allow you to mount 6 X 9s properly with 4 screws. The most you can get is three screws into the deck.
8. Here I fabricated a mount for the fourth mounting hole for the speaker. If you want to use my method, you will need 12 inches of 1/8" steel bar stock. one 6 inch piece for each side. Put them in place and mark the hole, remove and drill, paint (optional) and then insert them as shown below and bolt the speaker to it.
9. Reassemble in reverse order.
PS. Just a picture of the parts pile
|10-24-2010, 01:53 PM||#3|
Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charlotte NC /Brooklyn NY
no thanks. I guess I'm gonna stick with the stockers.
MAST 416 STROKER: STAGE 3 TVS 2300
TPIS 102 TB
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS NITROUS KIT
CMGS METHANOL INJECTION
KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
LPE 3.70 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85
KILL MODE, ON.
|10-24-2010, 06:03 PM||#6|
Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: walker la.
thanks, thats good to know
T-BONES BLACK 2SSRS TEAM L99
CAI w/ADM scoop,Magnacharged 3.8 pulley,L92 ported heads,ss valves,patriot springs,yella terra rockers,Comp cam,L99 to LS3 conv.ATI super damper,Taylor plug wires,NGK plugs,ARH 1 7/8 lt headers w/Borla stingers,Elite oil catch can,trans cooler,Jannetty built Richmond 4.11 rear end,Spohn trailing arms,front Racing Brake rotors,Hawk hps pads,BMR end links,AACstyle lighting. Thanks to Shane & crew for engine work at Thunder Racing & tuner Jeoff at EPS. 501rwhp-463rwtq ++
|10-24-2010, 06:36 PM||#9|
Drives: Corvette C6
Join Date: May 2008
|10-27-2010, 09:55 PM||#11|
Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin Texas
Yes but when the stock speakers suck.........bwahahahahaha
Did I miss it or did you not fabricate a speaker mount to elevate or fill in the space between the speaker and the rear deck? I think this is like 1/2 inch.
Thank you greatly for the write up and pics!!!!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Poll -- Camaro vs Mustang Supercar Shootout||JusticePete||Suspension / Brakes / Chassis||105||10-09-2013 03:18 PM|
|Setting up an IRS/Drivetrain for Drag Racing||Kyle2k||Suspension / Brakes / Chassis||44||06-05-2010 10:17 PM|
|Suspension guys out there - lets talk wheel hop||Crowley||Suspension / Brakes / Chassis||14||10-09-2009 01:06 AM|
|Rear Park Assist Pictures????||camaro2011||5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions||9||10-04-2009 09:11 PM|