Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #26
jbp-ohio

Drives: '11 IBM 1LT
Don't 'dry' the car with the leaf blower. The blower is only to get the water out of the crevices to dry with a towel.

I dry with an ''Absorber'', then blow the water out of all of the crevices with the blower and dry up the droplets with the Absorber..........
jbp-ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #27
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbp-ohio View Post
Don't 'dry' the car with the leaf blower. The blower is only to get the water out of the crevices to dry with a towel.

I dry with an ''Absorber'', then blow the water out of all of the crevices with the blower and dry up the droplets with the Absorber..........
No. The leaf blower should be used to get the car 90% dry and then get whats left with a genuine chamois (not Absorber or Shamwow) or a good MF waffle weave towel. The less you touch your paint, the less scratches you incur. So obviously the more you do with the leaf blower, the better off you are. This is a simple concept, I dont understand how much confusion there seems to be on it.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #28
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASST 1 View Post
I never have a problem using the leaf blower. I never try to totally dry the car with the leaf blower. I use it to dry the wheels (last), blow water out of areas that you can't dry with a towel, and get the majority of water off flat surfaces. This can be done pretty fast. Then I spray with detail spray and wipe off what is left with an Adams microfiber towel. A good coat of wax is a must to reduce the water tension and make it easier to blow off the water.
+1
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:54 PM   #29
EastBayBossMan

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray Metallic 2SS/RS M6
I tried the leaf blower yesterday and it worked great. May help that I have 5 coats of Zaino?

Of course, there were a few very minor spots that I touched up after with an Adam's microfiber towel and some Zaino Z6. Since I always use Z6 after a wash it doesn't matter if there's a few water drops or spots after drying/blowing off the car.
EastBayBossMan is offline   Reply With Quote