Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:56 AM   #451
charwoods3

Drives: 2011 1LT Red
Mine still doesn't work after the update either. I have tried it on both a Verizon and an AT&T phone. I receive the same message although my code is 200 instead of 216. It doesn't really bother me as I plan to let the Onstar subscription run out anyways, but it would be fun to play with until then. I haven't heard from them since they called me back last week.
charwoods3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #452
stet

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
Perhaps OnStar is having problems passing data from CDMA analog to GSM digital.
CDMA is not analog, it's digital.
stet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #453
10_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by charwoods3 View Post
Mine still doesn't work after the update either. I have tried it on both a Verizon and an AT&T phone. I receive the same message although my code is 200 instead of 216. It doesn't really bother me as I plan to let the Onstar subscription run out anyways, but it would be fun to play with until then. I haven't heard from them since they called me back last week.
Thanks for the update. Same here. OnStar called my friend early last week and that is the last he heard from them.

Last edited by 10_SS; 11-09-2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Clarification
10_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #454
10_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
MyLink is Fixed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charwoods3 View Post
OnStar telephoned my friend today and requested to send an update to his 2011 vehicle. After the update, MyLink is working perfectly. It took about a week but they got MyLink working. If anyone is experiencing connection problems I am sure OnStar can correct the problem you are having.
10_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #455
charwoods3

Drives: 2011 1LT Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
OnStar telephoned my friend today and requested to send an update to his 2011 vehicle. After the update, MyLink is working perfectly. It took about a week but they got MyLink working. If anyone is experiencing connection problems I am sure OnStar can correct the problem you are having.
Cool, thanks for the info. I will see if I can get a hold of them in the next couple of days and see what they can figure out.
charwoods3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:23 PM   #456
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
I caped onstar canada and they told me that it's not supported inCanada yer with no eta. eB

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #457
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
does this work with the 2010 vehicles yet?
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #458
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
not yet...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #459
wmora4

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM
Anything yet?
Old 01-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #460
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
"Vehicles on this account are not currently supported."

so... not yet...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #461
BlkThndr66
I'm not car-ist

Drives: '10 RY 2LT Camaro '96 Mustang Cobra
balls!

Team LLT-M6
BlkThndr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #462
AFblueSS
U.S.A.F. Retired

Drives: Imperial Blue 2010 Camaro 1SS / 6MT
Send a message via Yahoo to AFblueSS
Angry What in THE Hell?

I just don't understand WHY anyone would NEED to "unlock their doors" or "run diagnostics" or "remote start" their Camaro from their cell phone?!?

I mean, if you're needing diagnostics run; you're probably sitting in the car and can simply push the OnStar button.

If you need to unlock your doors, you're probably walking towards your car and can simply push the button on the key fob remote.

If you need to remote start your car, you're probably looking out the window during winter and pushing the button on the key fob remote.

Just another USELESS "APP" in a sea of useless "APPs", for a world now infatuated with useless "APPs".

Someone will be suing their cell phone carrier or GM or OnStar over something going wrong and using this (or any other useless) App and got in a car crash.

It'll just be millions of people saying "Oooh, Man! Check this out!" at parties. The novelty will surely wear-off within a week of downloading this "ever important App."

I swear... Some people's kids. And we wonder why people are getting killed every day by drivers talking on, texting with or "APPing" with their phones WHILE they're driving? I swear, the entire world has just gone Bat Shit Crazy over the invention of the Smart Phone; and most people act as if they can't live their life without it". :(

STEPPING OFF MY SOAP BOX NOW...
Old 01-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #463
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFblueSS View Post
I just don't understand WHY anyone would NEED to "unlock their doors" or "run diagnostics" or "remote start" their Camaro from their cell phone?!?

I mean, if you're needing diagnostics run; you're probably sitting in the car and can simply push the OnStar button.

If you need to unlock your doors, you're probably walking towards your car and can simply push the button on the key fob remote.

If you need to remote start your car, you're probably looking out the window during winter and pushing the button on the key fob remote.

Just another USELESS "APP" in a sea of useless "APPs", for a world now infatuated with useless "APPs".

Someone will be suing their cell phone carrier or GM or OnStar over something going wrong and using this (or any other useless) App and got in a car crash.

It'll just be millions of people saying "Oooh, Man! Check this out!" at parties. The novelty will surely wear-off within a week of downloading this "ever important App."

I swear... Some people's kids. And we wonder why people are getting killed every day by drivers talking on, texting with or "APPing" with their phones WHILE they're driving? I swear, the entire world has just gone Bat Shit Crazy over the invention of the Smart Phone; and most people act as if they can't live their life without it". :(

I'm not sure if you're mad because 2010's don't have it, but I have a 2011 and I do like having the App. It's not a necessity but lets face it having this car is a luxury just like the app is. It's mot a practical car and this app is for the most part useless, but it is still nice to have for those odd situations.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #464
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:

sometimes people forget if they locked their car. This would be a good reason to have the app.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #465
Dowgg123

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:

My doors were locked and i shut my trunk with my key in it and i was 30 miles from my other key..... I would have very much liked this app rather than wait 40 minutes by calling onstar to unlock my doors.
Dowgg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #466
AFblueSS
U.S.A.F. Retired

Drives: Imperial Blue 2010 Camaro 1SS / 6MT
Send a message via Yahoo to AFblueSS
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowgg123 View Post
My doors were locked and i shut my trunk with my key in it and i was 30 miles from my other key..... I would have very much liked this app rather than wait 40 minutes by calling onstar to unlock my doors.
Okay... Touche'

Well played, Sir.

And NO. I'm NOT "MAD I Don't have it on my 2010".
Old 03-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #467
Blackshirt56
Tri County Camaro's 3CC5

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Blackshirt56 Send a message via Skype™ to Blackshirt56
Remote Start

I downloaded the App for my iphone and all I can do is unlock, lock and honk the horn. Anyone know why I cant remote start?
Blackshirt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #468
wmora4

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM
What application is thAt?
Old 03-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #469
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirt56 View Post
I downloaded the App for my iphone and all I can do is unlock, lock and honk the horn. Anyone know why I cant remote start?
You can only remote start if your car came with the factory remote start installed.
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #470
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirt56 View Post
Does your car have a manual transmission? If so you have your answer.
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #471
jennnchuck

Drives: 2010 yellow 2lt/rs
i just got off the phone with onstar. i called them to get an update about the onstar mylink for my 2010 camaro and the wife's 2010 equinox. they informed me today they are no longer working on it and the 2010 that we own will never get the app.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #472
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennnchuck View Post
i just got off the phone with onstar. i called them to get an update about the onstar mylink for my 2010 camaro and the wife's 2010 equinox. they informed me today they are no longer working on it and the 2010 that we own will never get the app.
whatt???/ and my 2010 camaro have remote start in it ><
Old 04-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #473
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennnchuck View Post
Figured that would happen, they would deal with the uproar, then it would die down and people would get over it... they figure no big deal, we won't lose customers over it, because they know when they buy a new car it will have it... BS but it is what it is...

Tags
2011, app, chevrolet, iphone, onstar