Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Arrow Did you get an "EVENT HISTORY" for YOUR car?

As your dealer for a printout of the EVENT HISTORY before they punch it sold prior to your delivery...

Then you'll have the CORRECT progression dates of YOUR Camaro

One of the many things I include in the car's paperwork packet -

It will look like the attached:



Attached Images
File Type: pdf Event History.pdf (22.2 KB, 376 views)
CamaroScotty is offline  
Old 10-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #2
spurscar
 
spurscar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 310
Can that info be pulled after the sale?
__________________
spurscar is offline  
Old 10-29-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
no, only before it is delivered.
CamaroScotty is offline  
Old 10-29-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,364
Is this different from the GM VIS printout? I got this after I took delivery of my car. It has all of the event dates on it.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline  
Old 10-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
Papa T
 
Papa T's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT RJT, 6A, 19" polished
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vermont
Posts: 747
What is the GM VIS printout?
__________________
Papa T is offline  
Old 10-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa T View Post
What is the GM VIS printout?
General Motors Vehicle Inquiry System
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline  
Old 10-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
mikel441


 
mikel441's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 2,354
Wish I knew this a year ago. :(
__________________
mikel441 is offline  
Old 10-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #8
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987
 
BowlingSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,054
Thanks for the info.

Bill
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline  
Old 10-30-2010, 07:07 PM   #9
04Ram2500Hemi

 
Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missoula, Montana
Posts: 1,337
Becky D got me one on my Camaro when I ordered it from her. I thought it was kind of cool!
04Ram2500Hemi is offline  
Old 10-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #10
csjcsj


 
csjcsj's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jefferson, Ga
Posts: 4,418
No! I didnt order mine bought off the lot last September. Guess I am S.O.L!!!! Or am I?
__________________
csjcsj is offline  
Old 10-30-2010, 11:27 PM   #11
GB EB


 
GB EB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NAS PENSACOLA, FL
Posts: 2,459
Just requested mine from my sales dude... he says "no problem".
__________________
*CAMARO5 CAMARO OF THE WEEK 3/21/11*
*1ST PLACE - NAVAL STATION SAN DIEGO CAR SHOW 4/17/11*
*PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD - SAN DIEGO FREEDOM FESTIVAL CAR SHOW 7/4/11*

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline  
Old 10-30-2010, 11:55 PM   #12
11SGM2SSRS
 
11SGM2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS 6M
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Elk River MN
Posts: 147
Thanks Scott for the great heads-up on the event history. I will be asking for mine.
Steve.
________________________

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M SGM with Hurst Short Throw
Order #PGCZ91.
1100, Preliminary order accepted = 10-07-2010
2000, Order accepted by GM = 10-19-2010
2500, Order preferenced = 10-19-2010
3000, Order accepted by production control = 10-19-2010, TPW = 11-15-2010
3100, Order available to sequence = 10-27-2010
3300, Order scheduled for production = 10-27-2010
3400, Order broadcast = 10-30-2010
3800, Order produced =
4000, Available to ship =
4B00, Bayed =
4200, Shipped =
5000, Delivered to the dealer =
6000, Delivered to the customer =
11SGM2SSRS is offline  
Old 10-31-2010, 12:19 AM   #13
jplayland
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS M6 + 1999 Sierra
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 56
It would be cool if they had a super detailed version, where you could see the serial number of every part, what time it was installed, and by what person or robot. It may take a 500 page novel, but it would be cool.
jplayland is offline  
Old 10-31-2010, 09:46 PM   #14
MS3DALE

 
MS3DALE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carmichaels,Pa.
Posts: 2,195
That is something nice to have,and fortunately I have access to it because I work at a dealership!!
__________________

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'07 SILVERADO Z71 1500 Ext.Cab Z71 6.0 "VortecMAX"-GMPP CAI-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
MS3DALE is offline  
Old 10-31-2010, 09:50 PM   #15
MS3DALE

 
MS3DALE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carmichaels,Pa.
Posts: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplayland View Post
It would be cool if they had a super detailed version, where you could see the serial number of every part, what time it was installed, and by what person or robot. It may take a 500 page novel, but it would be cool.
Well there is something like this...Its whats called "Vehicle Component Summary" It looks like this (This is from my '07 Silverado)....

Vehicle InformationVIN: 1GCEK19Y97Z569885
Model: CK10753-2007 SILVERADO 1500 4WD EXTENDED CAB
Service Contract: No
Branded Title: No
Warranty Block: No
PDI Status: No
Order Type: SOLD - 023 DEALER EMPLOYEE
Field Actions: 0 Open

Vehicle Component
Component Code: 10-ENGINE ASSEMBLY Traceability: 070581075 Source Plant: W-CPC/DDA ROMULUS, MICHIGAN Part / Number Broadcast: CLL Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 21:02:00 Scan Station: 02

Component Code: 35-STEERING COLUMN - SIR SYSTEM Traceability: 760160607 Source Plant: S-SAGINAW DIVISION SAGINAW,MI Part / Number Broadcast: G4B Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 20:11:00 Scan Station: 16

Component Code: 60-TRANSFER CASE (4 WHEEL DRIVE) Traceability: 705810286 Source Plant: N- Part / Number Broadcast: FY Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 21:12:00 Scan Station: 05

Component Code: 61-TRANSMISSION Traceability: 45670203 Source Plant: Y-HYDRAMATIC TOLEDO, OHIO Part / Number Broadcast: 8KFD Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 21:07:00 Scan Station: 15

Component Code: 63-FRONT AXLE/FRONT CRADLE WITH FRONT HUB ASSEMBLIES Traceability: N078601 Source Plant: G- Part / Number Broadcast: ZW6 Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 2200 Scan Station: 04

Component Code: 65-REAR AXLE ASSEMBLY Traceability: 315200 Source Plant: G-SAGINAW DETROIT, MICHIGAN Part / Number Broadcast: ZR9 Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 21:16:00 Scan Station: 03

Component Code: 86-ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE (ECM) Traceability: 17060AW09 Source Plant: K-DELCO ELECTRONICS KOKOMO,IN Part / Number Broadcast: YPLA Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: 87-BODY CONTROL MODULE Traceability: 70600WLEL Source Plant: M- Part / Number Broadcast: 3558 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: 92-BRAKE PRESSURE MODULATOR VALVE ASSEMBLY Traceability: 7045D1445 Source Plant: B-BOSCH BAILCHACH, GERMANY Part / Number Broadcast: 6641 Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 22:24:00 Scan Station: 14

Component Code: AB-IR-MODULE ASM-INFLATOR Traceability: 7H2S1C5 Source Plant: Q-RIMIR MATAMORS MEXICO Part / Number Broadcast: 4506 Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 22:38:00 Scan Station: 12

Component Code: AH-IR-SENSOR ASM-LEFT Traceability: 7025JBSFY Source Plant: X- DELCO ELECTRONICS SINGAPORE Part / Number Broadcast: 7468 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: AJ-IR-SENSOR ASM-RIGHT Traceability: 7025JBTE7 Source Plant: X- DELCO ELECTRONICS SINGAPORE Part / Number Broadcast: 7468 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: AL-IR-MODULE ASM-I/P Traceability: 000547163 Source Plant: N-NIPPONDENSO Part / Number Broadcast: 3207 Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 20:01:00 Scan Station: 21

Component Code: AS-SENSING DIAGNOSTIC MODULE Traceability: N7048FJGS Source Plant: K-DELCO ELECTRONICS KOKOMO,IN Part / Number Broadcast: 3556 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: AT-RIGHT SIDE IMPACT SENSING MODULE Traceability: 7010AL6TB Source Plant: X- DELCO ELECTRONICS SINGAPORE Part / Number Broadcast: 3923 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: AU-LEFT SIDE IMPACT SENSING MODULE Traceability: 6347AK39H Source Plant: X- DELCO ELECTRONICS SINGAPORE Part / Number Broadcast: 3923 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: BK-INTERNATIONAL TRANS. CONTROL MODULE Traceability: 070590292 Source Plant: K- Part / Number Broadcast: YNNH Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: CC-SEQ NUM (FLEX) BODY ASM Traceability: 1560608 Source Plant: - Part / Number Broadcast: 1ZS Date Scanned: 02/28/2007 Time Scanned: 04:03:00 Scan Station:

Component Code: CK-SEQ NUM (FLEX) GEN ASM Traceability: 4465114 Source Plant: - Part / Number Broadcast: 1PA Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 11:44:00 Scan Station:

Component Code: CM-SEQ NUM (FLEX) GEN ASM Traceability: 4458582 Source Plant: - Part / Number Broadcast: 1KA Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 16:50:00 Scan Station:

Component Code: CP-SEQ NUM (FLEX) GEN ASM Traceability: 9269605 Source Plant: - Part / Number Broadcast: 1FA Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 19:00:00 Scan Station:

Component Code: DA---- Traceability: 7023J0SMN Source Plant: X- Part / Number Broadcast: 1279 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: DB---- Traceability: 7009J0MBS Source Plant: X- Part / Number Broadcast: 1279 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: DE---- Traceability: 900404143 Source Plant: E- Part / Number Broadcast: 4169 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: DF---- Traceability: 2059D0412 Source Plant: M- Part / Number Broadcast: 5486 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: DG---- Traceability: 2059D0488 Source Plant: M- Part / Number Broadcast: 5487 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: HE---- Traceability: 06173I3J7 Source Plant: 4- Part / Number Broadcast: 1970 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV
__________________

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'07 SILVERADO Z71 1500 Ext.Cab Z71 6.0 "VortecMAX"-GMPP CAI-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
MS3DALE is offline  
Old 11-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #16
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987
 
BowlingSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,054
I want one of these for my baby before she arrives.

Bill
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline  
Old 11-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #17
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
Well there is something like this...Its whats called "Vehicle Component Summary" It looks like this (This is from my '07 Silverado)....

Vehicle InformationVIN: 1GCEK19Y97Z569885
Model: CK10753-2007 SILVERADO 1500 4WD EXTENDED CAB
Service Contract: No
Branded Title: No
Warranty Block: No
PDI Status: No
Order Type: SOLD - 023 DEALER EMPLOYEE
Field Actions: 0 Open

Vehicle Component
Component Code: 10-ENGINE ASSEMBLY Traceability: 070581075 Source Plant: W-CPC/DDA ROMULUS, MICHIGAN Part / Number Broadcast: CLL Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 21:02:00 Scan Station: 02

Component Code: 35-STEERING COLUMN - SIR SYSTEM Traceability: 760160607 Source Plant: S-SAGINAW DIVISION SAGINAW,MI Part / Number Broadcast: G4B Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 20:11:00 Scan Station: 16

Component Code: 60-TRANSFER CASE (4 WHEEL DRIVE) Traceability: 705810286 Source Plant: N- Part / Number Broadcast: FY Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 21:12:00 Scan Station: 05

Component Code: 61-TRANSMISSION Traceability: 45670203 Source Plant: Y-HYDRAMATIC TOLEDO, OHIO Part / Number Broadcast: 8KFD Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 21:07:00 Scan Station: 15

Component Code: 63-FRONT AXLE/FRONT CRADLE WITH FRONT HUB ASSEMBLIES Traceability: N078601 Source Plant: G- Part / Number Broadcast: ZW6 Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 2200 Scan Station: 04

Component Code: 65-REAR AXLE ASSEMBLY Traceability: 315200 Source Plant: G-SAGINAW DETROIT, MICHIGAN Part / Number Broadcast: ZR9 Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 21:16:00 Scan Station: 03

Component Code: 86-ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE (ECM) Traceability: 17060AW09 Source Plant: K-DELCO ELECTRONICS KOKOMO,IN Part / Number Broadcast: YPLA Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: 87-BODY CONTROL MODULE Traceability: 70600WLEL Source Plant: M- Part / Number Broadcast: 3558 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: 92-BRAKE PRESSURE MODULATOR VALVE ASSEMBLY Traceability: 7045D1445 Source Plant: B-BOSCH BAILCHACH, GERMANY Part / Number Broadcast: 6641 Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 22:24:00 Scan Station: 14

Component Code: AB-IR-MODULE ASM-INFLATOR Traceability: 7H2S1C5 Source Plant: Q-RIMIR MATAMORS MEXICO Part / Number Broadcast: 4506 Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 22:38:00 Scan Station: 12

Component Code: AH-IR-SENSOR ASM-LEFT Traceability: 7025JBSFY Source Plant: X- DELCO ELECTRONICS SINGAPORE Part / Number Broadcast: 7468 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: AJ-IR-SENSOR ASM-RIGHT Traceability: 7025JBTE7 Source Plant: X- DELCO ELECTRONICS SINGAPORE Part / Number Broadcast: 7468 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: AL-IR-MODULE ASM-I/P Traceability: 000547163 Source Plant: N-NIPPONDENSO Part / Number Broadcast: 3207 Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 20:01:00 Scan Station: 21

Component Code: AS-SENSING DIAGNOSTIC MODULE Traceability: N7048FJGS Source Plant: K-DELCO ELECTRONICS KOKOMO,IN Part / Number Broadcast: 3556 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: AT-RIGHT SIDE IMPACT SENSING MODULE Traceability: 7010AL6TB Source Plant: X- DELCO ELECTRONICS SINGAPORE Part / Number Broadcast: 3923 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: AU-LEFT SIDE IMPACT SENSING MODULE Traceability: 6347AK39H Source Plant: X- DELCO ELECTRONICS SINGAPORE Part / Number Broadcast: 3923 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: BK-INTERNATIONAL TRANS. CONTROL MODULE Traceability: 070590292 Source Plant: K- Part / Number Broadcast: YNNH Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: CC-SEQ NUM (FLEX) BODY ASM Traceability: 1560608 Source Plant: - Part / Number Broadcast: 1ZS Date Scanned: 02/28/2007 Time Scanned: 04:03:00 Scan Station:

Component Code: CK-SEQ NUM (FLEX) GEN ASM Traceability: 4465114 Source Plant: - Part / Number Broadcast: 1PA Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 11:44:00 Scan Station:

Component Code: CM-SEQ NUM (FLEX) GEN ASM Traceability: 4458582 Source Plant: - Part / Number Broadcast: 1KA Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 16:50:00 Scan Station:

Component Code: CP-SEQ NUM (FLEX) GEN ASM Traceability: 9269605 Source Plant: - Part / Number Broadcast: 1FA Date Scanned: 03/05/2007 Time Scanned: 19:00:00 Scan Station:

Component Code: DA---- Traceability: 7023J0SMN Source Plant: X- Part / Number Broadcast: 1279 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: DB---- Traceability: 7009J0MBS Source Plant: X- Part / Number Broadcast: 1279 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: DE---- Traceability: 900404143 Source Plant: E- Part / Number Broadcast: 4169 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: DF---- Traceability: 2059D0412 Source Plant: M- Part / Number Broadcast: 5486 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: DG---- Traceability: 2059D0488 Source Plant: M- Part / Number Broadcast: 5487 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

Component Code: HE---- Traceability: 06173I3J7 Source Plant: 4- Part / Number Broadcast: 1970 Date Scanned: 03/06/2007 Time Scanned: 01:21:00 Scan Station: DV

This is a printout from the GM service system.... It is also what I use to mail out build sheets with to people who ask via email with their VINS
CamaroScotty is offline  
Old 11-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #18
smhss
 
smhss's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Silverado, '10 Camaro 2SS...
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Conyers, Ga
Posts: 161
Send a message via Yahoo to smhss
Now THAT is interesting. In answer to your question, no, I didn't get it.
smhss is offline  
Old 11-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #19
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987
 
BowlingSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 2,054
I need to get one of these next week when I get my car.

Bill
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Induction;ADM Scoop
Rx Catch Can;Rx Breather;Roto-Fab Washer Container
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline  
Old 11-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #20
jeffgtx
 
Drives: sosltice
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: bay area, ca
Posts: 151
Can you get this for any gm car? Even if it was delivered a year ago?
jeffgtx is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #21
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedarburg, WI
Posts: 6,805
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgtx View Post
Can you get this for any gm car? Even if it was delivered a year ago?
You need your dealer to get it AFTER it's built, and BEFORE it's delivered.
CamaroScotty is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #22
myold88


 
myold88's Avatar
 
Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 5,564
My dealer kept printing out my event history for me as it was being built. I have them all along with my window sticker, plastic seat covers, etc. It's nice to work with a dealer who really cares about this Camaro.
__________________
myold88 is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #23
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplayland View Post
It would be cool if they had a super detailed version, where you could see the serial number of every part, what time it was installed, and by what person or robot. It may take a 500 page novel, but it would be cool.
Could be a part of the delivery package on DVD with still shots from the QC cams as the car rolls through the assemblyline along with video of production assembly. NOW that would be the Mother of All documentation. Count me in for one!!!
__________________

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #24
Orange Krate
Not just any car!
 
Orange Krate's Avatar
 
Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 1,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
This is a printout from the GM service system.... It is also what I use to mail out build sheets with to people who ask via email with their VINS
Instant VIAGRA for a QC freak! HA HA Thanks Scotty. Good info.
__________________

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #25
jeffgtx
 
Drives: sosltice
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: bay area, ca
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
You need your dealer to get it AFTER it's built, and BEFORE it's delivered.
the event history, yes, but the vehicle component summary too?
jeffgtx is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Washing/Detailing for Newbies MRK III Z28 Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 116 12-12-2014 06:21 AM
PQs Camaro [COTW 9/20/10] PQ Member Car Journals 5619 12-11-2014 03:23 AM
Winner, winner - Jalopnik compares the Big 3 Number 3 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 31 04-17-2011 04:24 PM
What's considered a Muscle Car? SyN General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 125 09-25-2010 01:04 AM
Transmission output shaft hiller72 Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls 267 12-02-2009 09:39 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.