Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 11-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #1
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
First two Stroker 418 built by Laramie GM Auto Center

Well we are officially done and doing the break in on Two 418 Strokers builds.
Teddy P25 and mine went in to Laramie GM Auto Center about 7 weeks ago.
Pretty much the same builds but we went different directions on the Cam size.
We both started with ls3's with about 15K on them. Engines pulled and the build began. First we needed to decide what we wanted for forged parts and pistons.
With the help of Brian and Clint (Clint@Air) we were told to get a true 418 we needed to bore to 4080 up from our stock 4064. So with some searching we found Callies Compstar Crankshafts, HRacing bearings, Callies Compstar Rods, and went with CP Pistons -13.8 dish with steel rings. The blocks were sent off to the machine shop once the pistons arrived. Top end of mine I went with LG Motorsports g6xb cam kit. Ted went with a custom grind executive cam from JRE. Both kits included the HD timing chain and new tensioner. Sitting on top of that is Edelbrock EForce SC currently with 3.25 pulleys. A few small items such as JRE Dual Fuel kit for the Edelbrocks were added along with 89.7 lb injectors. Also Crancase Vent filters and oil catch cans. Ted backed his up with a ZR1 clutch from JRE and I went with the Spec Super Twin. Further down the line we both went with the JRE posi clutch upgrade kits. Well after being built we found that the fuel delivery system was really lacking after the MSD BAP. With research primarily from a ton of experts at HP Tuners we found that the BAP wired in before the factory Fuel Controller get the voltage reduced thus did not perform well or sufficient. So we order the LRE Dual fuel pump and controller. Once it arrived we found that the controller is actually a GM part. It is from a GM Truck. But the bottom line is that at WOT injectors are at 40% and fuel pressure is a real 58 lbs so solution is done. Clint@Air drove up to Laramie and performed a street tune so we could safely drive to do the break in. Great service from an engine tuner to drive 380 miles round trip to do this for us. New SC pulleys have been ordered from Edelbrock and we will be putting the 2.75 pulleys on. This should bring our boost back up to 10 to 12 lbs. I will report as soon as they arrive. Once they get here it will be back to Clint's shop for a dyno tune. I will be going with E85 conversion and Ted is going with Meth injection. Sorry it is too early for the dyno numbers but we estimate we are somewhere in the mid 600's with Hp and 700 lbs of torque. And after the correct pulleys are put on we should be in the mid to high 700 RWHP and nearly 800 lbs torque. Dyno sheets should be up around the second week of November.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
NewGen

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Send a message via AIM to NewGen Send a message via MSN to NewGen
Old 11-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
Notneb

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS M6
I...want...one...
Old 11-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #4
TeddyP25

Drives: 2SS
Heres a pic of mine
Attached Images

2SS/RS CGM/BLK GFX MN6418 Stroker.710rwhp/774lbtq..Pfadt trailing arms,toe links,coilovers,swaybars,end links,engine mounts,dif/sub bushings.MGWshifter.Tick LVL 3.BMR loop,chassis brace.ARH1 7/8 LT's/ARH exhaust.ADM gauges/race CAI.Stillen drill/slot rotors.Hawk pads.G-stop brake lines.Focal/JL Audio.custom bowties.E-FORCE SC.8 rib IW 10%OD.TSW Vairano,Nitto 315/275's.LPE dual pump/module.85lb inj,custom valve covers.RMCR tune.TOOLEY RACING CAM.JRE posi kit.JRE fuel upgrade.RX CatchCan.DSS axels/DS.WYOSPEED builthttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115687
TeddyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Lemme hold one! We're all friends here
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS NITROUS KIT
CMGS METHANOL INJECTION

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER
CIRCLE D 2800 TCFLEX PLATE /ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
LPE 3.70 GEARS/JRE POSI MOD
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST/ TEST PIPES
SQUASH RETURN STYLE E85 FS/ID 850's
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

Killing mustangs,because the good Lord wants me to

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
DallasMike

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 pontiac gto
Just curious as to why you choice the Larmie GM dealership to perform the work.

Granted it has been years since I lived in Laramie but when I did they didn't do any aftermarket builds whatsoever.
DallasMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #7
TeddyP25

Brian, one of the mechanics, is a great camaro enthusiast as well as a owner and racer. The dealership has been very supportive and open to doing these type of upgrades. Overall just very comfortable with them.
2SS/RS CGM/BLK GFX MN6418 Stroker.710rwhp/774lbtq..Pfadt trailing arms,toe links,coilovers,swaybars,end links,engine mounts,dif/sub bushings.MGWshifter.Tick LVL 3.BMR loop,chassis brace.ARH1 7/8 LT's/ARH exhaust.ADM gauges/race CAI.Stillen drill/slot rotors.Hawk pads.G-stop brake lines.Focal/JL Audio.custom bowties.E-FORCE SC.8 rib IW 10%OD.TSW Vairano,Nitto 315/275's.LPE dual pump/module.85lb inj,custom valve covers.RMCR tune.TOOLEY RACING CAM.JRE posi kit.JRE fuel upgrade.RX CatchCan.DSS axels/DS.WYOSPEED builthttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115687
Old 11-01-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
DallasMike

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 pontiac gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyP25 View Post
Brian, one of the mechanics, is a great camaro enthusiast as well as a owner and racer. The dealership has been very supportive and open to doing these type of upgrades. Overall just very comfortable with them.

Very cool. I miss that part of the country a lot. Different way of life, that's for sure!
DallasMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #9
camaro692

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, G8 GT, HD FLHRX
Man thats sweet, im in greeley and id love to check that out. Maybe ill bring my KB GT500 for comparision...
Old 11-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #10
RobRiot88

Drives: 2010 SS 6m, black on black.
DAMN. it sounds like some serious badassedness.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
can I have one for Christmas
Old 11-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #12
TeddyP25

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro692 View Post
Man thats sweet, im in greeley and id love to check that out. Maybe ill bring my KB GT500 for comparision...
Anytime...in break in mode right now, poss doin 1st dyno run wed or thu.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:40 AM   #13
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Heck yeah that would be great. You should check out our clubs FB page. We are always doing something. Camaro Club of the Rockies on FB. More than likely will be out again this weekend doing some more break in miles. Ted and I are waiting for the right pulleys to arrive. After the stroke and camshafts our boost fell off the planet. So once we get those right we should really start having some fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
can I have one for Christmas
Bahahahahah I know you already have yours fixed up as nice. cant fool me! How has yours been coming along?
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 11-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #14
Jchaluja

Drives: Twin Turbo Camaro
How many miles are putting on for break in before your dyno tune? Awesome ride!
Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #15
camaro692

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, G8 GT, HD FLHRX
Quote:
Anytime...in break in mode right now, poss doin 1st dyno run wed or thu.
Where are you having it dynoed? I need to dyno my 500 with the new tune as well. Just let me know when and where and ill cruise over and meet you
Old 11-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #16
TeddyP25

Quote:
Where are you having it dynoed? I need to dyno my 500 with the new tune as well. Just let me know when and where and ill cruise over and meet you
AIR(American Intense Racing) in Denver...Clint(owner) is a member on this forum, look for Clint@AIR.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #17
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchaluja View Post
How many miles are putting on for break in before your dyno tune? Awesome ride!
I now have about 1200 miles on it and 3 oil changes. 2 with conventional oil 10w40 and last one synthetic 5w30. Pretty much same break in procedures. Varied RPM started with limit of 3000 rpm for 200 miles then 4000 rpm for 200 miles then 5000 rpm for 150 and then 6000 rpm for another 150 Then final 500 miles short bursts to redline. A lot of decel under pressure to seat the rings. 5lbs of boost during break in.

Quote:
Clints shop is off of I70 and Kipling American Intense Racing, 4955 Miller St, Wheat Ridge, CO We should be down there around 2 pm on Thursday. As we are waiting for 2.75 pulleys to arrive via ups.
Then the dyno is actually at Fast Line over off of Federal and I70. Dynojet and a good dyno for certain. Look forward to meeting you if you make it.

Quote:
AIR(American Intense Racing) in Denver...Clint(owner) is a member on this forum, look for Clint@AIR.
Ted I hope you are having as much fun as I am...lol
Old 11-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #18
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Good Luck guys! Your both a pleasure to deal with, looking forward to the results.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #19
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
We really Appreciate the business and the props.

I am just wondering how the 2.75 pulley is going to work out with the 6 rib belt, this is the same blower as the Maggie and anything below 3.4 requires an 8 rib upgrade.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #20
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJRE View Post
Good Luck guys! Your both a pleasure to deal with, looking forward to the results.
Likewise. It has been great from our side as well. Your excellent stock and products really helped keep us on schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
We really Appreciate the business and the props.

I am just wondering how the 2.75 pulley is going to work out with the 6 rib belt, this is the same blower as the Maggie and anything below 3.4 requires an 8 rib upgrade.

Ted.
Ted, I hear you. Right now we have about 60% wrap on the 3.25 pulley. And we may need to increase the size of the adjacent pulley to maintain good percentage of coverage. But I am confident that with proper dressing before races we will be alright. But you never know. Well you will know cause Ted and I will be calling you or Nick for an upgrade. You have done smaller pulleys on the edelbrock up there havent you? What were your findings? none the less we will know on Thursday.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #21
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Likewise. It has been great from our side as well. Your excellent stock and products really helped keep us on schedule.

Ted, I hear you. Right now we have about 60% wrap on the 3.25 pulley. And we may need to increase the size of the adjacent pulley to maintain good percentage of coverage. But I am confident that with proper dressing before races we will be alright. But you never know. Well you will know cause Ted and I will be calling you or Nick for an upgrade. You have done smaller pulleys on the edelbrock up there havent you? What were your findings? none the less we will know on Thursday.
We are down to 3.25 on a 416 Stroker which is only 6 psi boost so there is not much load on the blower, I expect we can turn a 3.0 on this motor but 2.75 I have my doubts.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 11-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #22
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
We are down to 3.25 on a 416 Stroker which is only 6 psi boost so there is not much load on the blower, I expect we can turn a 3.0 on this motor but 2.75 I have my doubts.

Ted.
Well since we are only one day away...I guess we will find out and will of course let you all know. Just seems pointless to let the SC sit there at low boost. Larry Edit. After doing a little research....well a lot of research including looking into the Flip Drive system I came across some interesting information regarding the Edelbrock front drive system. Keep in mind that the 2.75 pulley is an Edelbrock engineered system made to go on their competition kits. Here is a direct quote. The system is more than just a TVS blower and a set of long runners, Edelbrock incorporates a front beltdrive system with attention to superior grip. The team went to an outside engineering firm for its development. "The entire design was sent to a company who designs the front drive setups for the O.E. manufacturers, and they did an analysis of the design, made recommendations on pulley wrap, belt spans, idler bearings etc., to make sure everything functioned properly. As a result of this analysis, we incorporated a new heavy-duty automatic tensioner, which has double the force and double the throw of the stock unit. We also have excellent wrap on all of the drive and driven pulleys. Last, we use only Goodyear Gatorback belts for maximum grip. These design attributes ensure the maximum performance out of the six-rib belt drive setup. So as stated time will tell.....and we will report Thursday night what we find out. Larry

Last edited by 2010 SS RS; 11-03-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:30 AM   #23
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Well since we are only one day away...I guess we will find out and will of course let you all know. Just seems pointless to let the SC sit there at low boost. Larry Edit. After doing a little research....well a lot of research including looking into the Flip Drive system I came across some interesting information regarding the Edelbrock front drive system. Keep in mind that the 2.75 pulley is an Edelbrock engineered system made to go on their competition kits. Here is a direct quote. The system is more than just a TVS blower and a set of long runners, Edelbrock incorporates a front beltdrive system with attention to superior grip. The team went to an outside engineering firm for its development. "The entire design was sent to a company who designs the front drive setups for the O.E. manufacturers, and they did an analysis of the design, made recommendations on pulley wrap, belt spans, idler bearings etc., to make sure everything functioned properly. As a result of this analysis, we incorporated a new heavy-duty automatic tensioner, which has double the force and double the throw of the stock unit. We also have excellent wrap on all of the drive and driven pulleys. Last, we use only Goodyear Gatorback belts for maximum grip. These design attributes ensure the maximum performance out of the six-rib belt drive setup. So as stated time will tell.....and we will report Thursday night what we find out. Larry
Yes, I had that discussion with Edelbrock Engineers and they are Very Thorough.

Giver Hell
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 11-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #24
Clint@A.I.R.