Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #29
Huggerorange73
Banned
 
Drives: The REAL C5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norridge, IL
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Which wheels would those be?



What year Z06? -- I've been trying to get someone to outright tell me about 18s on this car and I get crickets chirping.
I know for a fact C6 front Z06 wheels ( 18 x 9.5 ) work with no issues....now to find a set.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #30
SLOWHITE
 
SLOWHITE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Trailblazer SS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toledo OH
Posts: 102
I would work on the driver mod first, it's the cheapest and will get you the most benefit, no matter what else you decide to do afterwards.
__________________
07 Trailblazer SS awd. 13.08, Vector tune, SLOWHITE intake, ud pulley, 160* t-stat.
My all year 'round, daily driven, boat pullin' Mustang beater.
SLOWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #31
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
http://www.corvetteguys.com/c6z06-ch...-18x95-40.html

This is where I got my Z06 wheels over a year ago. They worked great! Bolted right on with no issues or spacers. Had a pair of 275 M & H drag radials and it would 1.60 60' every single time and it ran high 10's. I think the entire package only cost about $1200 and you could drive around on them if you wanted, or at least back and forth to the track.

And at that time every drivetrain and suspesnsion component was stock but the car is an A6.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #32
Capthowdy

 
Capthowdy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS IOM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Lauderdale Fl
Posts: 1,048
Send a message via Yahoo to Capthowdy
get some 4.10's under there!!
__________________
THE "MENACE"
Capthowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #33
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capthowdy View Post
get some 4.10's under there!!


4.10's without a sticky tire would be one hell of a smoke show!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #34
Huggerorange73
Banned
 
Drives: The REAL C5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norridge, IL
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWHITE View Post
I would work on the driver mod first, it's the cheapest and will get you the most benefit, no matter what else you decide to do afterwards.
I can drive....but you're right. What I need is a lot more seat time at the strip to work out THE best launch style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
http://www.corvetteguys.com/c6z06-ch...-18x95-40.html

This is where I got my Z06 wheels over a year ago. They worked great! Bolted right on with no issues or spacers. Had a pair of 275 M & H drag radials and it would 1.60 60' every single time and it ran high 10's. I think the entire package only cost about $1200 and you could drive around on them if you wanted, or at least back and forth to the track.

And at that time every drivetrain and suspesnsion component was stock but the car is an A6.
Thanks for that info..huge help!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capthowdy View Post
get some 4.10's under there!!
that would be like throwing gas on a fire!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
4.10's without a sticky tire would be one hell of a smoke show!
With or without the hop
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:02 AM   #35
Dan@showstopper

 
Dan@showstopper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Which wheels would those be?
18" C5 Z06 w/ Nitto NT555R's
Dan@showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #36
BMR Sales



 
BMR Sales's Avatar
 
Drives: Race Car
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 3,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@showstopper View Post
18" C5 Z06 w/ Nitto NT555R's
We run the 18" C5 Z06 wheel with the M/T drag radial (305/45/18) with great success. Our car generally cuts 1.54's-1.55's with ease.
__________________
T.C. Davis
Camaro Specialist
tc@bmrsuspension.com
813-986-9302
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #37
Dan@showstopper

 
Dan@showstopper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
We run the 18" C5 Z06 wheel with the M/T drag radial (305/45/18) with great success. Our car generally cuts 1.54's-1.55's with ease.
What size spacers? Stock lugs?
Dan@showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #38
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@showstopper View Post
What size spacers? Stock lugs?


No spacers, stock lugs.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #39
Huggerorange73
Banned
 
Drives: The REAL C5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norridge, IL
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@showstopper View Post
What size spacers? Stock lugs?
Dan,

I think we've got the wheel/tire combo figured out.....and I have no doubt the 60' times will drop like a rock from them.

What I think you, I and Randy ( any M6 car for that matter ) need to be very worried about is the halfshafts.

A6 cars have alot less shock to the drivetrain than the M6 cars....I'd be willing to bet you one of us goes home on a trailer with a busted halfshaft with the slicks.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:25 PM   #40
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
Dan,

I think we've got the wheel/tire combo figured out.....and I have no doubt the 60' times will drop like a rock from them.

What I think you, I and Randy ( any M6 car for that matter ) need to be very worried about is the halfshafts.

A6 cars have alot less shock to the drivetrain than the M6 cars....I'd be willing to bet you one of us goes home on a trailer with a busted halfshaft with the slicks.

Slicks are going to give you the best shot NOT to break anything. They absorb the most impact and are the gentlest on the drivetrain. Its the drag radials that will break parts. They have no give at all and with an 18" wheel that all you will get are drag radials. Even with the 17" Bogarts, you only get one option for a full slick and the rest of the options are drag radials. The A6 car will be fine with either. Its the M6 car that may go home limping!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #41
Huggerorange73
Banned
 
Drives: The REAL C5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norridge, IL
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Slicks are going to give you the best shot NOT to break anything. They absorb the most impact and are the gentlest on the drivetrain. Its the drag radials that will break parts. They have no give at all and with an 18" wheel that all you will get are drag radials. Even with the 17" Bogarts, you only get one option for a full slick and the rest of the options are drag radials. The A6 car will be fine with either. Its the M6 car that may go home limping!
Looks like some 1,000 HP axles are going on the car first!
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #42
boostedyards86
 
boostedyards86's Avatar
 
Drives: Cummins 3500
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pgh PA
Posts: 611
my axles withstood multiple launches on drag radials last year and they were stock... with much more power than you have currently. just a thought.
__________________
85 Buick TType - 5.3l GT4202r 10.86 at 126
boostedyards86 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yellow Lexus Type Fog Lights? phenixdragon Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 36 10-05-2013 08:13 PM
SS A6 or M6 faster?????? MY2010SS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 275 05-20-2010 04:15 PM
LS3 and L99? black2black10 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 26 05-07-2010 12:58 AM
Camaro 2SSRS VS Challenger RT (time sensitive) seabbott Chevy Camaro vs... 195 03-11-2010 02:51 PM
Looks like there is finally proof, the Manual IS Quicker.... Mblock66 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 181 01-21-2010 12:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.