Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions All DIY projects & discussions

Old 04-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #51
slickmetal

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS L99
Interested as well in the Jocoo solution in red.

But I would get Camaro SS/RS or a different sill plate instead of Chevrolet. Its more "show" orientated.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #52
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocoo26 View Post
Just finished! No cutting! Check it out. Great Mod Lupe, thanks for the inspiration.
Must Have Instruction! DO WANT!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:32 AM   #53
Jocoo26

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Because of all the recent interest and private messages I figured I would update this post. I have made little attempt to play with or modify this mod in the past months. I cannot post a DIY because the materials I used are somewhat of a prototype and are not really available to the general public. Sorry for the disappointment. I will up update again when I have more news.
Jocoo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #54
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
Dang, u get the stuff from NASA ? Lol. Thx for the update

Lupe

Visit www.camarocustoms.com for all our products and services...like us on Facebook.....check out photo albums here for lots of pics and ideas
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #55
FED728

Drives: Aqua Blue SS
How do you get the light to shine through without drilling into the car? I don't understand why a DIY can be made since a company already is making these. Maybe a flat led under the sill itself. Anyone have any ideas?
FED728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #56
SSMOKN
Coupe

Drives: Camaro,955I
Maybe light tape that's what I would use.
SSMOKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:19 PM   #57
FED728

Light tape??
Old 04-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #58
SSMOKN
Coupe

Drives: Camaro,955I
http://lighttape.com
SSMOKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #59
FED728

It would be really hard to hide that adapter. like the idea though
Old 07-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #60
overhaulengines

major update 7-13-10

roger at emblempros and I , threw around a few ideas. i already had my sills doors lighted as you can see below, but the "Chevrolet" wasnt doing so well anymore, i liked emblempros lighted door sill but i wanted to use mine as i will be rewiring the whole car with RGB leds, so i wanted my door sills to change colors. i will be doing that next week. but anyway, got the doors sills in today and WOW, awesome, got them installed real quick, here is a quick peek
since the leds are down about 1 inch the lighted letters have a real depth to them when you see them in person.

lupe
Attached Images

Visit www.camarocustoms.com for all our products and services...like us on Facebook.....check out photo albums here for lots of pics and ideas
Old 09-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #61
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
How are the holding up to fine or course scratches?? My main concern would be getting tons of scratches on the smooth metal looking areas. My current Chevy ones have been holding up well, but like the look that you and Roger have put together...How much with car down there lupe...I would want RGB lights in (already have the controller). Would want sills with Camaro SS as well
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #62
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
How are the holding up to fine or course scratches?? My main concern would be getting tons of scratches on the smooth metal looking areas. My current Chevy ones have been holding up well, but like the look that you and Roger have put together...How much with car down there lupe...I would want RGB lights in (already have the controller). Would want sills with Camaro SS as well
so far so good, here is the RGB ones installed

lupe

Old 09-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #63
Amclymon
Account Suspended

Drives: 11 maro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
Looks good, but scared to cut into my car
Co sign
Amclymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #64
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amclymon View Post
Co sign
"Nothing to fear but fear itself" ohh i didnt make that up lol

lupw