Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #1
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Extra allocation(s)?

Hey all,

I went by my dealer yesterday to find out how I could go about ordering the GMPP CAI. Anyway, they told me they received an extra allocation, so that would be a total of 4. I said, "GM gave you all another allocation?" They said yes, and that they had already placed the order for the guy.

Anyone else hearing about extras already being allowed?

Also, when I told them about getting my first letter, they were like, really?? We don't know of the others getting a letter. When I told them a 2nd was supposedly on the way, they were like, well, you can't believe everything you read on the internet

Then, I was like, I really hope to get my car before June, and they said, well, you will probably have it by April, and we will be getting all 4 in one shipment. I was like, you really think so?

Why they won't check out Camaro5 I do know know.....I looked like some nut in there yesterday, they were all just staring at me. I told them I would know if they started talking about my 'insanity' when I left...
Old 01-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
CamaroEnergy4Life
CamaroEnergy4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
lol my dealer said i should be recieving mine in April too.
CamaroEnergy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post

Then, I was like, I really hope to get my car before June, and they said, well, you will probably have it by April, and we will be getting all 4 in one shipment. I was like, you really think so?
Really.....They will have some disappointed customers then....maybe they missed how that sold allocation process works....and that Chevy says there is no guarantee's all their allocation will be built. They should really check out the camaro launch page...If they never used the gmlaunch site, maybe their district rep can help them sign on!!!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
UncleBenny

Drives: 2009 G8 GT
Do you really think it will take until June for cars that are getting ordered now? I hope to get mine around May/June since my current lease is up in June, I was going to wait another month or so to order though. Guess I should start scoping out dealers and place an order?
UncleBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
I haven't been to my dealer recently, but like Scotty said, they're not even guaranteed of getting the first allotment cars. And look at it this way, you knew how it is because of Camaro5, they're the ignorant nuts!
Old 01-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
This is exactly how I feel....not sure what to say to them at this point....I guess I need to try to 'stay away' until at least after 2/16! lol

I don't want to be the bug-a-boo arriving in the door every time w/ all this 'internet' information....why can't there be more like 'me' around here

They were so sure of themselves yesterday, but I know better....and yes, I agree....they are going to have some upset customers....
Old 01-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
Anyone else hearing about extras already being allowed?

...you will probably have it by April, and we will be getting all 4 in one shipment. I was like, you really think so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroEnergy4Life View Post
lol my dealer said i should be recieving mine in April too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Really.....They will have some disappointed customers then....maybe they missed how that sold allocation process works....and that Chevy says there is no guarantee's all their allocation will be built. They should really check out the camaro launch page...If they never used the gmlaunch site, maybe their district rep can help them sign on!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post
Do you really think it will take until June for cars that are getting ordered now? I hope to get mine around May/June since my current lease is up in June, I was going to wait another month or so to order though. Guess I should start scoping out dealers and place an order?
Ok, one at a time...

Good to know that everyone's going to have their cars by April ! Are dealers really willing to talk out their ass at this point? I'd be pissed if my dealer committed to a delivery date and then told me, "sorry"... and tried to give me some line about Chevy changing the date for something that didn't exist in the first place.

IMO, I really doubt any "low allocation" dealer will get all their cars at once unless it's late, not early, in the game. In my case, 63 are allotted. I expect an average of 9 a month over 7 months. I think that's "real".

As far as May/June goes, my guess is that vehicles ordered today from a dealer who still has a reasonable allocation left isn't out of the question.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:55 AM   #8
jgr
ironhead

Drives: 2004 silverado diesel 2010ss
I can wait til may/june. Question is can i apply my loyal owner coupon towards the car. Anybody have info on this.
jgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #9
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgr View Post
I can wait til may/june. Question is can i apply my loyal owner coupon towards the car. Anybody have info on this.
Ummmm, I would bet my paycheck no. Although I freely admit I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with GM.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote