Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Gaming Lounge For all the gamers out there - consoles, PC, etc.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Dead rising 2??

Does anyone own the game and is it fun to play? I heard there is a time limit and if there is can it be turned off??
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
I didnt get to far in the game and didnt really enjoy the style of play. If you are talking about the first Dead Rising it is set in a mall with nothing but zombies everywhere. From what I gathered during the short time playing it was that you are a photographer who gets air lifted into the mall to take photos of what is happening. You then get involved in figuring out what is going on. The chopper will return in 72 hours I believe to pick you up from the mall.

I guess if you really like zombie bashing with a small story to it, you might enjoy it. You can use just about anything you can think of in the Mall to hunt zombies from weapons to furniture, lawn mowers, cash registers, hardware tools, you name it.

Some of the side quests that do not pertain to the main story line do have time limits.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I have it and enjoy playing. However, I like Red Dead's new Map Pack better so I haven'y been playing much of Dead Rising; I enjoy CODMW2 a LOT more (just because I like FPSs), so that doesn't help. With CODBO and GT5 coming online starting the next week, I'm affraid I'll be playing even less, lol.

It's a good game and I have fun. I think I'll enjoy playing Zombie Mode in BO more though... I just like shooting, LOL!!!
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
MAGfuz

Drives: 1SS LS3 IOM
I've had DR2 since it released (from Gamefly) and I put it in once, never played it though. Have way too many other games to play, and I fear that with CoD:BO out tuesday, I really wont play any other game, then the following week, NFS:HP. I need to go into a state of frozen time where I can play all my games and time is frozen!
MAGfuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
I didnt get to far in the game and didnt really enjoy the style of play. If you are talking about the first Dead Rising it is set in a mall with nothing but zombies everywhere. From what I gathered during the short time playing it was that you are a photographer who gets air lifted into the mall to take photos of what is happening. You then get involved in figuring out what is going on. The chopper will return in 72 hours I believe to pick you up from the mall.

I guess if you really like zombie bashing with a small story to it, you might enjoy it. You can use just about anything you can think of in the Mall to hunt zombies from weapons to furniture, lawn mowers, cash registers, hardware tools, you name it.

Some of the side quests that do not pertain to the main story line do have time limits.
You are way off.....

I liked it, It's a fun game if you like zombie games.
The time limit doesn't go away , but you don't have to do any of the missions either.You can do anything you want and not worry about the missions, or focus strictly on the missions.
After you finish a game you can carry your stats over to a new game. (much easier the second time around).
And the multiple endings are cool.
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
You are way off.....

The time limit doesn't go away , but you don't have to do any of the missions either.You can do anything you want and not worry about the missions, or focus strictly on the missions.
After you finish a game you can carry your stats over to a new game. (much easier the second time around).
Isn't there a 72 hour limit or something when the miliary comes back? I know there's a limit in the early demo-type Case Zero; I don't recall what happens when the military comes. I'm just going off memory, so I'm sorry if I'm wrong...
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
Old 11-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #7
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Isn't there a 72 hour limit or something when the miliary comes back? I know there's a limit in the early demo-type Case Zero; I don't recall what happens when the military comes. I'm just going off memory, so I'm sorry if I'm wrong...
There is a limit until the military goes in. And once it does you have some more time to complete other missions. (depending on how many people you've helped, among other stuff).
So it's more than 72 hours depending on what you do.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #8
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
There is a limit until the military goes in. And once it does you have some more time to complete other missions. (depending on how many people you've helped, among other stuff).
So it's more than 72 hours depending on what you do.
AH HA!!! Thanks! See - I hadn't gotten far enough, so I'm glad I didn't totally put my foot in my mouth. I figured it was over, kinda' like Case Zero. Thanks for setting me straight
Old 11-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #9
irocnroll

Quote:
You are way off.....

Way off in what sense?
Old 11-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #10
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
Way off in what sense?
Op is asking about dr2. Your way off in the sense that the story line of the first and second games are very different.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #11
irocnroll

Quite aware I was describing DR1 as I even mentioned it in my post and its pretty dead on to DR1's description.

When originally posting the 2 looked like a ? and figured he was asking about DR1.