Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Gaming Lounge For all the gamers out there - consoles, PC, etc.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
gamefly?

How many people her use it?
Is it worth the money?
I've been talking about buying some games that I've missed out on, but I think this might be a better option rather than buying or renting every single one.
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
Big Brunsy

Drives: Silverado
been wondering the same thing
Old 11-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
My cousin uses it and he LOVES it. The only issue I believe he has is getting new games. I guess you have to request them months before it releases to get it asap. No biggie imo. Oh plus they have dvd's now too, so its like a mini Netflix...

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

I won't use it for newer games. Mostly want to play older games I've missed out on like god of war 3 and red dead redemption. Newer games like black ops ill be fine buying.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
I was just going to post this question. Would love some feedback
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
It depends on how much the game costs and how often you play. Games that are a year old or older it's normally not that good of a deal as you can buy them for a few dollars more then the monthly subscription. And if you work for a living and can only play a couple hours a day it could take you more then a month to beat a good game and enjoy it. With more and more games having great replay value, if you enjoy the game you could easily spend more then one month playing that same game.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #7
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
It depends on how much the game costs and how often you play. Games that are a year old or older it's normally not that good of a deal as you can buy them for a few dollars more then the monthly subscription. And if you work for a living and can only play a couple hours a day it could take you more then a month to beat a good game and enjoy it. With more and more games having great replay value, if you enjoy the game you could easily spend more then one month playing that same game.
two words:
Winter break
It's coming up and it's almost three months long
Old 11-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #8
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Depends on how old but you can often buy them used on ebay for a better deal then renting. Been a couple of years but had that experience with my reg xbox, cost $5-7 to rent a reg xbox game that I could buy used for $10.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #9
MAGfuz

Drives: 1SS LS3 IOM
I have it and have had it for the past 2 years (gets renewed every xmas, thanks mom/dad) and I love it. Last "new" game I got was Dead Rising 2 (still haven't played, lol) and I had sent a game back on a Thursday or Friday, and put DR2 in my queue that same night and got it on release day. So you can get games as soon as they come out, just have to be lucky.

I mostly use it for games I'm unsure of and don't want to shell out the $$$ for them. So far I love it. Plan on using it a lot over the next year. Plus if you stay with them, you get coupons and discounts off games. I've bought games off of them (mostly ps3, as the discs are scratch resistant.) Boxes and manuals are in mint condition like they say and usually get them in a couple days after order.

They have all the systems and are just great all around. Now this is only one persons opinion about them as I have read a few people that were disgusted with them and dropped them. Usually they are good, although I've had to wait up to a week for them to get a game and another 3 - 4 days to get one back, but the few times that it has happened as opposed to all the other times they are spot on/early, it's worth it.
MAGfuz is offline   Reply With Quote