Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 11-20-2010, 12:38 PM   #26
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrestrictedmotorsports View Post
The big issue I see with those twins is that they will be fighting for air since they are so close together.
The builder said that it was made that way for the sole purpose to show off the turbos. He said they would have built it a whole different way if they were going for more efficeint.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #27
SlyJester7
SoCal HT5 *COTW 8/26/13*

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3
all these teasers for a turbo/twin/SC are becoming absolutely ridiculous!

im sorry but if i was at the show and talked to the dude with or that made these i would tell him he is a moron.

if its not functional or does not work like it should then i should not be on or shown at the show! aarrgg

*woosaa* *woosaa*
Old 11-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #28
Innovator

Drives: 2011 Camaro
The Legacy Innovations Twin Turbo camaro is a functional turbo setup built to be astatically pleasing and fully functional. The car does not use a piggyback ecu. The fuel management and ECU is a complete standalone. The only fully capable standalone ecu on the market made by Fueltech, is a data logging ecu with touch screen. The unit is about the size of a psp. We also have the unit on a twin turbo LS2 in a tube chassis road race truck. The cost of this system would be between 12-18k$ due to the extremely tight mounting parameters and need for complete customization of the engine compartment. This vehicle is equipped with custom built 304 stainless steel headers and custom built charge pipes and exhaust. This system eliminates coupler connections wherever possible, and uses V-bands for all exhaust connections. The car is equipped with Custom mounted S-Max intercooler, twin s-max wastegates, s-max bov, custom stainless oil lines, Fueltech stand-alone. Anyone in this market can add up the cost of these parts and the time to fabricate this system to figure out it isn't cheap. LegacyInnovations.com
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #29
WHIPPLECHARGED

Drives: 2011 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
The Legacy Innovations Twin Turbo camaro is a functional turbo setup built to be astatically pleasing and fully functional. The car does not use a piggyback ecu. The fuel management and ECU is a complete standalone. The only fully capable standalone ecu on the market made by Fueltech, is a data logging ecu with touch screen. The unit is about the size of a psp. We also have the unit on a twin turbo LS2 in a tube chassis road race truck. The cost of this system would be between 12-18k$ due to the extremely tight mounting parameters and need for complete customization of the engine compartment. This vehicle is equipped with custom built 304 stainless steel headers and custom built charge pipes and exhaust. This system eliminates coupler connections wherever possible, and uses V-bands for all exhaust connections. The car is equipped with Custom mounted S-Max intercooler, twin s-max wastegates, s-max bov, custom stainless oil lines, Fueltech stand-alone. Anyone in this market can add up the cost of these parts and the time to fabricate this system to figure out it isn't cheap. LegacyInnovations.com

How much boost pressure is this system running? Are there any Dyno numbers? Would be nice to see HP/TQ increase to determine cost per added power increase.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #30
PheebZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
price is outrageous!!! better off getting an STS system with 400hp on stock internals and all for 6 grand installed. It seems way more reasonable cause its a good basic system you can build off of and still be just as fast as the SS boys and be a little bit lighter if I'm not mistaken..
PheebZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #31
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
But it does look great! I love the TT in the front like that so use can see them.
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #32
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT