Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #251
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
WHAT????

I have NO IDEA what's what here anymore. I see info from people that CONTRADICTS the IDL video... I see people who saw the video contradict each other. I see people from GM contradicting the video and the dealers.

In all, I see a huge mess.

Also, now I see that what it all boils down to is that some people are ABSOLUTELY going to be waiting until October to even get an allocation. No matter how nice people try and make it sound, there will be MANY people out of that 8,000 ordered who will NOT get a car because of the allocation politics until AFTER october.

Sure, a lot of people will get them before then... but because of allocations and that nonsense there will be people in some areas who will be able to walk in off the street in April, place an order for an SS, and they will get it MONTHS before some enthusiast who ordered last October.

TOTALLY UNFAIR.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #252
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Also, now I see that what it all boils down to is that some people are ABSOLUTELY going to be waiting until October to even get an allocation. No matter how nice people try and make it sound, there will be MANY people out of that 8,000 ordered who will NOT get a car because of the allocation politics until AFTER october.

Sure, a lot of people will get them before then... but because of allocations and that nonsense there will be people in some areas who will be able to walk in off the street in April, place an order for an SS, and they will get it MONTHS before some enthusiast who ordered last October.

TOTALLY UNFAIR.
Thank you! At least some people here haven't ignored the facts. Preorders should be "first come, first serve" based on the Workbench time.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #253
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Thank you! At least some people here haven't ignored the facts. Preorders should be "first come, first serve" based on the Workbench time.
I'm sure you'll see those here who have huge dealers and loads of allocation will be happy and will ultimatelty be the ones who are satisfied and will be tell the rest of us what "ingrates" we are in a few months.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #254
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Not denying that line of thought at all. Keep in mind though that logistics also plays a big part here. They can't take the "first" 100 in line, build them, and send 42 semis throughout the country to deliver cars all over the place. They'll ship them logistically by the truckload to "common" destinations.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #255
Kingznut

Drives: 1984, 1995 and 1998 Z28s
Just a Newbie, wanted to say what a great site you have. I work in auto finance, and I haven seen (although I have not looked everywhere) is to go to join a local credit union and use autolands buying power, they can get you a deal on even the hottest of hot cars if you have the right sales rep, and he has a good dealer contact.
Kingznut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #256
camaropete
I love crepes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to camaropete Send a message via Yahoo to camaropete
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Pete: I was just wondering about the stripes cause they got brought up in the IDL apparently, and since I don't get to see the video, I was wondering what it meant. I am in no way COPO. I won't be cancelling my order because i can't get long stripes, I'll just go to my local decal shop. But I would definately get factory ones if I had to pay more.
And since for a few seconds, the fbod himself was here to answer questions, I thought I would pose it and eliminate 20 something pages of useless arguements and rumors.
Sorry, dj. I was trying to joke, but when I went back it sure didn't read that way. I wasn't trying to be so directly mean. I think the facts on the stripes though are that no matter what colors they add, they are going to stay the length they currently are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Seriously guys, we're lucky GM involved the enthusiasts in building this car. That's something I've never seen any other manufacturer do. GM didn't HAVE to release information ahead of time. GM didn't HAVE to tell you how much your Camaros would cost MONTHS ahead of time. Scott doesn't HAVE to come on this site to post the latest Camaro news and clear up any confusion.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just angry at the way that some select people on this site have chosen to address Scott and GM. But I'm getting a VERY ungrateful vibe from here ever since this news came out. This is the exact reason why automakers like to keep information under wraps, so that people don't misinterpret information and freak out. Even though Scott's already cleared up a lot of the misinformation, even though the moderators have already tried corrected the thinking of a lot of people, there are still those who stubbornly refuse to believe them and decide to bash Scott and GM.

If anybody here wants to see even a thumbnail of a spy photo of the 6th gen. Camaro, I'd suggest lightening up.
Well, here is my issue with this. If you make a decision to include entusiasts, then you can't half-ass it. You know we are crazies to begin with and that we are very passionate about the Camaro. If you make the conscious decision to release information to us and get us involved, then you better realize what that means. You can't drop a bomb (and frankly I think this whole V6/V8 split/delay deal is a bomb) on us and expect that we won't go crazy. And like I said, especially when we have money in the form of deposits sitting at dealers. And we have thread after thread on here where people have been speculating (for months I might add) when they were going to get their cars. GM has had every opportunity to realize that people were getting false expectations about deliveries. They could have easily made a post indicating that thinking your car is coming in March is wrong. They jumped in within minutes to get that IDL video taken down. Why not jump in on the delivery expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloman1346 View Post
See we do have something to be upset about. You are right, Mazda doesnt have an "insider" working for them on a forum letting people know about a car thats coming out. But look at it like this....

3 Years ago, concept art hits the internet, and people chubbed up.
2ish years ago, Chevro rolls out the Concept, and everybody changed their underwear.
2 years ago. Transformers come out, with a 20?? Camaro, and everybody went insane.
2 years till now. Camaro has been EVERYWHERE, from car shows, to cable TV (My Worst Enemy).

GM has done nothing but swing a cookie (Camaro) infront of a child (Us) and waved it around. Giving us a taste of the camaro with brochures to color chips, to computer mice to die cast toys. Its EVERYWHERE.

And now we hear this bull crap from GM?? Why should we not be pissed off?

You're telling us that they are trying to build us a "Perfect" car. Well why cant you put in a HUD system, or get rid of something as simple as the sharks fin?? OR AMBIENT LIGHTING???

As I stated before, GM is waving something in our face, but delaying it/ shafting us who ordered a v8 back in October. Thats why I'm upset, and I have every right to be.
I have to agree Haloman here. As I said above, you can't have it both ways. If you are going to involve us, you better know that we are going to be passionate (and pissed off).
Old 01-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #257
ttazzijr700

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS L99
when do u guys think people who did not order the camaro could go in the dealers and buy/lease a 1SS or 2SS
ttazzijr700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #258
Haloman1346
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
No matter what people say Captian Awesome and Myself are making valid reason why we can be pissed off. Heres an example:

"Bro RELAX, its just another month!!!!"

Um no its not, go read the/find/watch the IDL. MY 2SS/RS WILL be in my hands further down the road than I predicted.

Captian Awesome made yet another good point on the other thread about Chevy trying to get a "younger" audience into the showroom. Look at the Chevy.com/camaro site, its complete garbage...

OR have somebody my age (24, which is probable the age group they are trying to get to) go into a dealership and ask them questions. THEY KNOW NOTHING. GM gave us the flash and pizzaz of Camaro in movies, TV shows, the Internet and toys, but left out so many things its pathetic.

And Awesome makes another point about not trusting anybody on this site and/or his dealer. Look up threads I've started in the past. My dealer gave me my deposit back the 22nd of December because they didnt know when the Camaro was coming out. You guys said (assumed) the dealership may be closing down, now I say that the insiders KNEW about the allocation bullcrap towards the v8s, and were trying to void my order out.

So pathetic and unfair to people like me/us that cut fun stuff out of my/our lives to save for a car that I/we wont even know when I/we can get it.

Thanks again GM, please make my car and fold.
Haloman1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #259
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
This reminds me of a few years ago when people lined up outside of stores for a sony playstation 3.The only difference is the ones that waited outside and paid the price to get a ps3 got one.I feel like we have been siting outside the store for months now and just got told that the people that just showed up get to go ahead of us.I am sorry I am MAD AND DON'T REALLY CARE WHO KNOWS IT.
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #260
camaropete
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttazzijr700 View Post
when do u guys think people who did not order the camaro could go in the dealers and buy/lease a 1SS or 2SS
Buy: maybe late 2009 if you are lucky, but more likely 2010. Lease: never.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #261
ttazzijr700

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Buy: maybe late 2009 if you are lucky, but more likely 2010. Lease: never.
y would people never be able to lease them?
Old 01-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #262
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Some of you really need to stop dramatizing everything. Nothing reported in this IDL is as bad as it seems...but things are getting blown out of proportion. Get a drink...calm down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeak32 View Post
What can you tell us, and forgive me if this was answered by you elsewhere, but I have not read it if you have -- about the status of the ambient lighting?
No info, be it positive or negative...Just keep your fingers crossed, and "Keep the faith".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Where's the official GM Press Release that says this?

Until I see one this is all hot air. I don't trust anyone anymore.
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I have NO IDEA what's what here anymore. I see info from people that CONTRADICTS the IDL video... I see people who saw the video contradict each other. I see people from GM contradicting the video and the dealers.
That's exactly why we aren't usually included in this portion of development and distribution of a new car...and precisely why that video should have never made it to the internet.

"We ARE going to provide each dealer with a new Camaro -- for many reasons: We want people to come in and sit in the car -- to drive the car -- to fall in love with the car -- and to order the car of their dreams -- and we're doing it with the V6 car because we KNOW that a large percentage of our enthusiasts want a V8 engine -- so rather than build a 'stock' V8 -- we'll build V6s for stock -- and build V8s to get you your 'sold' order as soon as we can."

(^)This is the final say until we get another update...

They want to get one car into every dealer for test-driving and showroom purposes. They're making those cars V6s that so the V8s they build aren't 'wasted' up being sent to dealerships as showroom cars. In other words, they're setting things up in the enthusiasts favor. The V8s that will be built, assuming the DEALERS order the ones that were preordered, will be ours.

As of right now, based on the above -- and what I know of this allocation process stuff; they'll be building V8s and V6s starting March 16th. (They can't do 100/0 of either version - it's impossible for the plant to sustain.) The very early V6s that are built will get to dealers ASAP as showroom "stock" cars as discussed above. Any V8s that are built should go to fill the orders. But that's up to the dealer and their allocation choices.

Bottom line is; if anybody's going to be waiting for their ordered car...and there's nothing to suggest ANYBODY will have to wait stupid amounts of time...it'll probably be the V6 people.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #263
camaropete
I love crepes

Quote:
y would people never be able to lease them?
I think more automakers have gotten rid of the lease and I don't see it coming back any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2010 View Post
This reminds me of a few years ago when people lined up outside of stores for a sony playstation 3.The only difference is the ones that waited outside and paid the price to get a ps3 got one.I feel like we have been siting outside the store for months now and just got told that the people that just showed up get to go ahead of us.I am sorry I am MAD AND DON'T REALLY CARE WHO KNOWS IT.
I have to say, this is very nicely put. But even worse, it would be more like Sony asked the enthusiasts ahead of time if they wanted to order one and where they wanted to pick it up. Then you go to the store and wait while they let the other people get theirs.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #264
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Bottom line is your ordering dealer has to be up front and honest about their Camaro ordering system. When you wrote the deal, you should have known what place in line you were and gotten the factory order number. If the first Camaro the dealer is allocated is a 6 cylinder and his first 5 orders (priority 1-5) are SS's, if order number 6 is a 6 cylinder and is buildable (no constraints), that's the first Camaro the dealer's gonna see.

The dealer has to be expected to do the right thing for his customers he took deposits from.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #265
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2010 View Post
Not everybody who waited in line got a PS3...It all depended as to how many the store got.. Anyways, we all know they are not going to build them based off of who ordered first.. However rest assured that if you are in the first 8,000 it should be prioritized and logistically assembled and delivered in the way that makes the most sense possible.. If it takes four months longer to get my Camaro, that will be four months more of me saving up my money for it, and I still get it below MSRP while Camaro V8's at dealers will mostly all have markups...
Old 01-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #266
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: Blown beast.
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
As I stated before, GM is waving something in our face, but delaying it/ shafting us who ordered a v8 back in October. Thats why I'm upset, and I have every right to be
I understand you're frustration and it's easy for me to be patient since I have to wait till January 2010 anyway. But GM was in danger of possibly not being able to do this thing at all. BTW we should really hope they still can. I don't fully understand the logistics of producing and presenting a car from concept to driveway but it is what it is. We all want GM to succeed. If they feel they need to do it this way to be successful then we have to trust them cause if they don't produce in a profitable manner we don't get our car anyway. It sucks but it is what it is. My wife will tell you, I wasn't even this excited when my son or daughter was born. Just a little while longer. You'll be glad you waited. Patience. Calm down, relax
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #267
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
I must have completely missed what happened yesterday...but I'm guessing it has something to do with a Camaro delay?
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #268
camaropete
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
I must have completely missed what happened yesterday...but I'm guessing it has something to do with a Camaro delay?
Now that's funny.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #269
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Not until i'm driving mine
Old 01-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #270
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Nice thread....I am glad to see Scott's info and thoughts on what happened yesterday....I will call it Black Camaro Friday....we should make it a 'holiday', so next Jan. 9th....we can all talk about this mess!!

I think right now there is LOTS of confusion and mis-information out there, and it's easy to get carried away with it all....I HATE waiting another month, and felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach when I read that yesterday, but that is just HOW it is.....so we all just set the clocks back a little, and wait...

No need to wish our life away, right?

So it will be June or later....oh well, so be it! That day will be here before we know it!!
Old 01-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #271
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: Blown beast.
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
They added 30 days to the already 1095 or so days to wait for production of the Camaro.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #272
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
That's what zebra sounds like with a mouth ball-gag. I mean, I am just guessing. I have never been around zebra with a ball gag. I mean there was that one time...Never mind. WHERE'S THE DAMN DELETE BUTTON!
that was sock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i ain't got nothin to do with ball-gags & crap like that!
Old 01-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #273
Goblue

Drives: 2010 Black LT
This is all I have to say
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #274
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
I've been reading the info on this site for about 6 months and first time to post and here's my view. I probably should not admit this, but I put down a "$2000.00 non-refundable" deposit (first dealership wanted 10k!!!!) to be the first to own and drive a new 5th gen camaro in my area. I'm bascially paying 2k over MSRP. I figured hey it's worth it to be the one of the first. Probably the first and last time I would order a car in this fashion anyway. Now, several folks have already made this statement, it seems like I could still be waiting til the end of 09 for my car while other people simply walk on the lot and buy one. Just does not seem right. I am very disappointed. Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones to get my car first and maybe not. GM could have done this a lot better in my opinion and should have given the dealerships more info up front. Then again when can you really trust what the dealership and sales person are telling you. Oh well, I'll just do like someone else suggested and take up needle point or maybe yoga. Have been thiking about taking about yoga for a while and now might be a good time!

Ha "ordered" a 2ss Inferno Orange manual trans. Kinda like Bumble Bee but orange!
orange_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #275
ttazzijr700

im comfused....how can some people get it before others who pre ordered first. Is this delay only with the 2SS or can someone summarize what is happening. Sorry to make people repeat what was probally said but im kind lost