Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #276
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
it seems like I could still be waiting til the end of 09 for my car while other people simply walk on the lot and buy one.
For the V6's yeah. V8's...people won't be able to walk onto a lot and buy one for years.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #277
ttazzijr700

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
For the V6's yeah. V8's...people won't be able to walk onto a lot and buy one for years.
Im guessing there is a bit of exaggeration in this statement?
ttazzijr700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #278
King Mouse

Drives: EXT
The amount of misinformation or no information is staggering. GM placed blood in shark infested waters by allowing the pre orders. We have all shown our faith in this product by putting our money down without seeing what we were getting. Dealers have no pictures, no brochures, no color chips and no description or knowledge of options or accessories. We have supported this vehicle because we love the car! This community has done the job of the GM promotions department on its own. If not for constant searching and questions by members on the Camaro forums, dealers and consumers alike would know nothing. The Chevy/Camaro website has not been updated since before the pre order. Many dealers are still kept in the dark. Auto shows should be at the bottom of the list as far as priorities go. Ironing out last minute details for production and informing the dealers and BUYING public should be at the top. GM has come up with a beautiful car! I hope we all have the opportunity to own one.
King Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #279
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
You keep telling us GM has to abide by laws, that we have to change our ellected officials, but you don't make serious efforts to change them or force the hand to circumvent them legally. Trust me, GM has more legal clought in the US than any of us pissant Joe the Plumber voters.

!

Wow -- then I wonder what all those people who are constantly working with all 50 states and the federal government must have just been sitting there the whole time!!!!

(I know - sounds sarcastic....)

Stop for a minute -- do you honestly think we DON'T fight these laws all the time?
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #280
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
There is a WEALTH of info out there, dealers are NOT in the dark. They choose not to use it. Find a different dealer.

Color chips ARE available. Find another dealer.

Some dealers simple make the effort, some do not. If this causes displeasure, work with someone else.

I think Chevy has done a GREAT JOB on this car. Right down to letting every day people work with the final designs of the car. Has Ford or Nissan done that? No.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #281
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I was at the V.A. beach car show yesterday and it took me 10 minutes to convince the three people showing the 2lt rs that it was not a 2SS/RS.That is not good.
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #282
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis59 View Post
Fbodfather,
Thank for taking time out of your busy schedule for the multiple posts over the past 24 hours.
thank you, jarvis for your kind words.......

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I got home from COBO hall last night very late -- and immediately got on a couple of sites to try and calm everyone down.

Most of you understand - -however, there are those out there that for whatever reason think they see:

>Conspiracies

>...that GM is a company that does not care about their enthusiasts

>....that evidently we just want to delay the car -- after all, we're all incompetent....

>......That believe we just blindly believe and follow whatever state and federal governments tell us to do. (I swear -- does ANYONE read a newspaper anymore???)

>......that one dealer out of over 4,000 is the only one that 'knows' what's reallygoing on. (no - I'm NOT talking about CamaroScotty)

>......that we refuse to give you any information on the car (wow -- this one REALLLLLLLLLLY gets me wild - -there is NOT ONE OTHER CAR IN THE HISTORY OF THE AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY THAT'S HAD MORE INFORMATION OUT THERE MONTHS -- months - - MONTHS before information is ever put out on a new car.....and yet because we don't answer EVERY LITTLE question and ITEM -- we're horrible and don't give a hoot about the customer.

Sorry people -- but we have a car to launch -- I was up til 3:30 this morning answering emails and posts -- and was back up at 6:30 to go back to COBO hall to get ready for NAIAS. I can't make it past page 5 without having a stroke..............

I'm done.......sorry if this sounds like a rant.

You can either believe me -- and the 12 disciples of which there are 15 - that we are doing everything in our power to bring you the best Camaro ever -- and to get your sold orders built as fast as possible.........

OR...........you can believe a few so-called 'experts' that have never worked on a new car program -- have not a clue as to what allocation and francise laws are -- and think they're either Bob Lutz or Warren Buffett or both..........

I'm functioning on no sleep and my frustration level is past 'gone' --

I'm done.

For those of you who 'get it' -- my unending "thank you!"
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #283
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2000 Ford Ranger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttazzijr700 View Post
im comfused....how can some people get it before others who pre ordered first. Is this delay only with the 2SS or can someone summarize what is happening. Sorry to make people repeat what was probally said but im kind lost
The pre-ordered Camaros will be the first Camaros to be built after the couple thousand V6 Camaros for the dealers.

My Cars: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE, 2000 Ford Ranger XLT (State-issued)
Extended Family: 2013 GMC Terrain SLE, 1998 GMC Sonoma SLS Extended Cab

FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #284
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
im comfused....how can some people get it before others who pre ordered first. Is this delay only with the 2SS or can someone summarize what is happening. Sorry to make people repeat what was probally said but im kind lost
From what I understand, if you ordered a V6, you'll be the one of the first. If you ordered an SS you will too but only in your area. If say in Mobile AL nobody has pre-ordered and Mobile gets their 1st SS's in, then someone can walk in and get one. I plan on just going to the dealership in January 2010 and buying one. I'll pay the shipping or maybe just fly to wherever I can get one if they have what I want. I'm actually considering one of the Salenes. We'll see. Lot of money. Might take away from some other things but could be worth it.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #285
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Scott, I have a question about the V6's provided to the dealers. Will these cars be saleable just as soon as they get them or will there be limitations placed on these cars to allow ample time for people to test drive them since that is GM's reasoning behind doing this? Also will these cars go against the dealers allotment or the limit they are allowed to have as stock?

I'm just worried that my local dealer will sale the car as soon as they get it and won't have one to test drive.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #286
King Mouse

Drives: EXT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
There is a WEALTH of info out there, dealers are NOT in the dark. They choose not to use it. Find a different dealer.

Color chips ARE available. Find another dealer.

Some dealers simple make the effort, some do not. If this causes displeasure, work with someone else.

I think Chevy has done a GREAT JOB on this car. Right down to letting every day people work with the final designs of the car. Has Ford or Nissan done that? No.
Scott,

I did not intend to insult you. Many dealers STILL do not have color chips yet. You can get one on eBay though. You have to admit that GM has given dealers very little information if none at all. If not for the insider information received on these forums, most of us would know little or nothing about this car. A dealer should not have to find information this way. A consumer should not have to see the interior of a vehicle he has ordered via spyshots.

You should know that I like my dealer very much and have bought many cars from them. I also agree with you that this car is beautifl and outstanding.

We are lucky to have enthusiasts involved here but this is not the way to run a successful campaign.
King Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #287
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
I'm sorry but this whole situation is unbelievable! I don't really care about the delay it's only a month. The fact is we've known about this car since Winter 2005. It will be almost 3 1/2 years since we all layed our eyes on the concept, by the time half of us get our cars that we ordered. If there aren't anymore delays again, god-willing. I just baffles me how long it took to get this car out, and just how secrective our dealers, except CAMARO SCOTTY, thanks Scott and GM is being just as bad. I mean the car was suppossed to be produced next month and even up until yeaterday we still didn't know much about the situation of this car except for the V6! We haven't even seen a picture of this car with stripes or in Cyber Gray Metallic!

GM has really dropped the ball on this car in my eyes. The truth is I think it's great that they are delaying the car so we don't get pieces of crap on the road, even though that might be just But, who knows what they are up to. the truth is all theses bugs should've been done already. I swear the people who worked on this car could've been beat out by trained monkeys to get this car on the road already! I mean on one hand I appreciate that GM is doing the right thing, but on the other hand I'm so mad that we all have to wait any longer for a car that should have already been on the road. GM new they were going to build this car before it was even a concept, so the song and dance of "We are going to wait to see the reaction before we produce it...." is BS! They knew old men would be crying at the unveiling and they knew they needed this car on the market.

Unfortunatley, I think I might be out of the Camaro running. The unknown is what scares me and no noe seems to be able to answer questions around here or at the dealers, or GM reps! I am the first on my dealers list for a V8, but all I know for sure is that I'll have ti by September, which begins the 4th Quarter of car production. My dealer has only so many allocations and all of them will be built by than! But, who knows when GM will give him the go ahead for my SS/RS! I have already started to look at a Vette again, although the new 370Z is very nice and so much more refined and realiable than the Vette, I juts don't think can bring myself to buying one, even thoguh I loved my '03 and '04 Z. Too underpowered! But, it is still a possiblity. GM has dissapointed me on this one, and by possibly losing my sale they can be the ones that hurt now! Yeah, someone will buy my Camaro, but they will still lose another customer for life which is never a good thing!

Sorry for the rant!
So what the hell is it with some of you guys always comparing us with MONKEYS !!! I live and breath GM and i'm DAMM PROUD to be a part of the Camaro team. Man go yell at the moon before you start taking shots at the people who are working 150% to get this car out.

From an Oshawa worker.
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #288
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORY RED 1SS View Post
Uh, hate to be the one to tell ya but I got an workbench confirmation number in November when I ordered just like the US guys....
Canada uses GM AutoBook
Data Version 133.3
I have one in my hands dated 10/21/2008
at 12:09:00 pm
Customer file : #####

it is 5 pages long

After I made changes based on the info on this site I have
another updated file with 13 pages from Nov 27th.
That file is UPDATED on Version 134.3.

I believe the dealer's GM when he tells me NO orders in Canada have been entered into GM.

Canada did not have the same "PRE ORDER" dates as the US and the pricing came out a month AFTER the USA.

Our distribution method is totally different as well.

I should know as I have been down to Annacis Island many times to see my factory orders unloaded from trains and placed on trucks.

If some one gave you a number .... congrats ...your in the same lottery as the rest of us.

Bottom line is the guy in T/O will get his car before you or me.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #289
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
GM could have sold this car WITHOUT all of the info they put out. And without any input from the consumer. I think they've gone out of their way to give us the stuff we have now. Remember, they have problems that are far bigger than seems to be reallized. I beleive this car will be a seller no matter what. GM will do whatever it takes to make this successful. If that means delays, so be it. If that means build them slowly, so be it. If that means expedite the coverage of dealers, great.
Whenever they become available to me, I'm getting mine. I think we'll all look back on this and laugh one day.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #290
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Fbodfather,
My humble advice to you is to shut your computer off for a few days, enjoy life and know that you are giving us one hell of an automobile.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #291
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I ordered a IOM 2LT/RS with IOM trim, by dealer is allocated 6, i was first to order but there were two people in front of me from before with a deposit. So technically im number 3, my dealer iinformed me that v6-v8 and trim levels will all factor in as to who gets their cars first. So he said dont worry about who ordered first because it doesnt matter. Now where im worried is that he hasnt placed the orders in, he stated that once GM starts taking orders, thats when theyll press enter and all their orders will go in to the system (im really worried about that).
Youe dealer IS being straight with you ....

Take A DEEP breath !!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #292
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Navigator/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Hoping for the Ground truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
There is NO DELAY on the V8 engine.

Let me repeat that:

there is no delay on the V8 engine...............

Scott.... I can see you have a busy schedule right now, and a lot of traffic on the web site to contend with as well. I just logged on after being away for a week and I'm having trouble getting to the ground truth with all the exchanges going back and forth. When you manage to pop back on, if you could advise me on when you feel orders for 2SS/RS configurations, ordered the 1st day of ordering might be ready for pickup at my local dealer.
My story... had an Fbody most the way through HS (was kind of known for my car that started stock and upon graduation was something quite different), my 25 year class reunion is in May of this year. What are the chances NOW with the new information available to you of me showing up to my reunion in my new Camaro?

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #293
TampaBayCamaro
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I just heard that the Camaro production might be delayed. Is that true?

Honestly, I have been out of touch for the last 2 days, so I am trying to catch up on all the latest. I truely appreciate Scott taking his time to tell us what is going on.

The way I look at it is I do not have a 2010 Camaro SS today so waiting a month or two longer is not going to ruin my life but make it that much more enjoyable when I do get it.

Imagine if they moved Christmas back a month. Would you cancel it or wait??????
TampaBayCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #294
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Really? I'm not saying you're wrong- it just doesn't make sense. Having two separate ordering systems has to cause issues when you're talking about something on that scale. Why would they do something, in my opinion, that bizarre? Do you know what their ordering system actually is? You've peaked my curiosity...
It starts with a totally separate company. GM of Canada .

Our franchise laws are different too!

We did not have the same dates and still do not have the add on prices for the dealer options.

We got NO letters as our info is only at the dealer.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #295
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
Scott.... I can see you have a busy schedule right now, and a lot of traffic on the web site to contend with as well. I just logged on after being away for a week and I'm having trouble getting to the ground truth with all the exchanges going back and forth. When you manage to pop back on, if you could advise me on when you feel orders for 2SS/RS configurations, ordered the 1st day of ordering might be ready for pickup at my local dealer.
My story... had an Fbody most the way through HS (was kind of known for my car that started stock and upon graduation was something quite different), my 25 year class reunion is in May of this year. What are the chances NOW with the new information available to you of me showing up to my reunion in my new Camaro?
There is no way for Scott to know for sure about each and every one of our individual orders since they are not being built by who ordered first per se... He would probably tell you there is a good chance it will make it by then however even that would have to be a guess that is based on the size of the dealership you ordered from as that would be a big factor as to how many Camaro's they will recieve...etc..
Old 01-10-2009, 05:50 PM   #296
Supermans

Are those the real headlights???

Old 01-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #297
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Mouse View Post
Scott,

I did not intend to insult you. Many dealers STILL do not have color chips yet. You can get one on eBay though. You have to admit that GM has given dealers very little information if none at all. If not for the insider information received on these forums, most of us would know little or nothing about this car. A dealer should not have to find information this way. A consumer should not have to see the interior of a vehicle he has ordered via spyshots.

You should know that I like my dealer very much and have bought many cars from them. I also agree with you that this car is beautifl and outstanding.

We are lucky to have enthusiasts involved here but this is not the way to run a successful campaign.
No insult taken... I'm just clarifying that the issue is not GM's, it's the dealership. I feel the pain...I do! Do you know how many cars I've sold for other dealers? How many questions I've answered for people buying from a local dealer, because I feel the pride in the car? Those dealers aren't sending me a check, and I don't expect anyone with questions to reward me - it's a favor to everyone, because I want you to make an informed decision. If you are ultimately happy with the dealership you're working with, GREAT! That's how it should be! If not, why would you give them your time and money?

They need to take pride in this car, the launch, and everything it represents. AND SHARE THE CAMARO LOVE!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #298
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer56 View Post
Fbodfather,
My humble advice to you is to shut your computer off for a few days, enjoy life and know that you are giving us one hell of an automobile.
Yeah, this forum is going to make your head explode.. Take a two day break and come back..

I know what will make everyone here a lot happier and get the topic away from this.. If only somehow you are able to sneak in a Cyber Grey SS Camaro shot I bet this forum goes 100% positive...
Old 01-10-2009, 05:56 PM   #299
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
No insult taken... I'm just clarifying that the issue is not GM's, it's the dealership. I feel the pain...I do! Do you know how many cars I've sold for other dealers? How many questions I've answered for people buying from a local dealer, because I feel the pride in the car? Those dealers aren't sending me a check, and I don't expect anyone with questions to reward me - it's a favor to everyone, because I want you to make an informed decision. If you are ultimately happy with the dealership you're working with, GREAT! That's how it should be! If not, why would you give them your time and money?

They need to take pride in this car, the launch, and everything it represents. AND SHARE THE CAMARO LOVE!
Scotty,

GM should open up a school for salesman and put you in charge of it.. Your school would be mandatory before anyone attempts to sell any Camaro or GM vehicle...
Old 01-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #300
131 SS
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2012 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
thank you, jarvis for your kind words.......
You can either believe me
I believe you and appreciate the insight your under no obligation to provide to us. Good things come to those who wait and if we knew all of the answers ahead of time what would we talk about?

Keep the faith, Mike
131 SS is offline   Reply With Quote