Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #222
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Seriously guys, we're lucky GM involved the enthusiasts in building this car. That's something I've never seen any other manufacturer do. GM didn't HAVE to release information ahead of time. GM didn't HAVE to tell you how much your Camaros would cost MONTHS ahead of time. Scott doesn't HAVE to come on this site to post the latest Camaro news and clear up any confusion.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just angry at the way that some select people on this site have chosen to address Scott and GM. But I'm getting a VERY ungrateful vibe from here ever since this news came out. This is the exact reason why automakers like to keep information under wraps, so that people don't misinterpret information and freak out. Even though Scott's already cleared up a lot of the misinformation, even though the moderators have already tried corrected the thinking of a lot of people, there are still those who stubbornly refuse to believe them and decide to bash Scott and GM.

If anybody here wants to see even a thumbnail of a spy photo of the 6th gen. Camaro, I'd suggest lightening up.

Here's the problem...

We have GM letting out only "hints" or carefully worded political statements and very few actual FACTS. The facts we DO get are taken from "secret" (not for the public) videos meant for dealers and that information CONTRADICTS some of the things "unofficial" channels are saying. How can you expect people to NOT think the worst or feel confused? Especially how can you not be leery in light of the fact that the "good" news and reassurances coming from "unofficial" channels fly in the face of the reality of "allocations" and other factors which people are well aware of and familiar with?

This has gone WAY out of control and anyone inside GM could have seen this coming 3 months ago and put into place some kind of OFFICIAL information channels that spell out EXACTLY what is going to happen and when.

They completely dropped the ball on this one, and it's not getting any better because as far as I can tell there has been NO CHANGE in the way they are doing things. They just tell the people one thing unofficiallly and tell the dealers something else.

This has got to stop.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #223
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
Everyone that is upset about the 30 day delay and the fact V-6's are rolling out earlier you all need to chill out and carefully read fbodfathers opening thread again. You sound like a bunch of whining crybabies.

chill out, the car will be well worth the wait !

I would rather wait for Chevrolet to iron out all of the details than put out a car with issues. Again the car will be well worth waiting for. Relax !

Thanks fbodfather for your time and information.
We know the car is worth the wait. It's the tatty treatement of loyal customers that has many concerned.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #224
Croathlete
Danny

Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Okay, so we know all current orders (as of end of December about 10,000) will be filled by October.

In that case, you would have to expect that if you ordered in October, you are in the first let's say 3,000 orders. I ordered on 10/31 and remember hearing the news shortly after that we had about 3,000 orders. We know that all dealers will be getting a V6 that isn't included in their allocation, so let's make the assumption that our allocations aren't started until April.

I know that production will be slower in the beginning, but to fill 10,000 orders in 7 months (April-October), they will need to average about 1,500 cars a month. For us in the first 3,000 orders, I think we can realistically expect our car in the first 3-4 months.

I'm an engineer and it just made feel a little better to work it out mathematically. I understand that more V8's were ordered than V6's and that production will probably not match that split. I also understand that it isn't this clear cut and a lot of it is dependent on dealers.

Any thoughts?
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #225
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Okay, so we know all current orders (as of end of December about 10,000) will be filled by October.

In that case, you would have to expect that if you ordered in October, you are in the first let's say 3,000 orders. I ordered on 10/31 and remember hearing the news shortly after that we had about 3,000 orders. We know that all dealers will be getting a V6 that isn't included in their allocation, so let's make the assumption that our allocations aren't started until April.

I know that production will be slower in the beginning, but to fill 10,000 orders in 7 months (April-October), they will need to average about 1,500 cars a month. For us in the first 3,000 orders, I think we can realistically expect our car in the first 3-4 months.

I'm an engineer and it just made feel a little better to work it out mathematically. I understand that more V8's were ordered than V6's and that production will probably not match that split. I also understand that it isn't this clear cut and a lot of it is dependent on dealers.

Any thoughts?
Ya- why can't I get to page 10? It shows page 10 but I can't get there- keeps throwing me back here to page 9...
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #226
Croathlete
Danny

Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Ya- why can't I get to page 10? It shows page 10 but I can't get there- keeps throwing me back here to page 9...
Haha, same here....strange

UPDATE: There it goes! It must of gotten a little ahead of itself.
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #227
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post

Any thoughts?
Now that we're on page 10....

Yes, math is good. Even at a 50/50 production split (after the initial V6 run) there is no reason IMO all the current orders, all 10k +, shouldn't be filled by mid August. Saying October gives them ample wiggle room. You know damn well that now everyone has set October 31st as a drop-dead date to have their car. That gives them 2 1/2 months leeway as far as I'm concerned. You know what would likely happen if they said August instead of October and something else unexpected happens, right? This way they can tell you what a good job they did getting us the cars "early".

My guess:

1) 3500 (ish) V6 trim cars so each dealer can have one-> by May 1st
2) Production levels still ramping up by capable of sustaining 5000 units/month.
3) Even at 50/50 split at that time, that's 2500 SS trim models per month.
4) 8500 SS trims currently ordered-> 3.4 months = August 15th

That's my .02
Old 01-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #228
jspeak32

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
...Thanks for your continued patience -- I think you'll find the wait was more than worthwhile..........
What can you tell us, and forgive me if this was answered by you elsewhere, but I have not read it if you have -- about the status of the ambient lighting?
jspeak32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #229
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Here's the problem...

We have GM letting out only "hints" or carefully worded political statements and very few actual FACTS. The facts we DO get are taken from "secret" (not for the public) videos meant for dealers and that information CONTRADICTS some of the things "unofficial" channels are saying. How can you expect people to NOT think the worst or feel confused? Especially how can you not be leery in light of the fact that the "good" news and reassurances coming from "unofficial" channels fly in the face of the reality of "allocations" and other factors which people are well aware of and familiar with?

This has gone WAY out of control and anyone inside GM could have seen this coming 3 months ago and put into place some kind of OFFICIAL information channels that spell out EXACTLY what is going to happen and when.

They completely dropped the ball on this one, and it's not getting any better because as far as I can tell there has been NO CHANGE in the way they are doing things. They just tell the people one thing unofficiallly and tell the dealers something else.

This has got to stop.

I made a similar post in the out-of-control thread. They've definitely half assed it. They let us preorder and give out bits of info but then hide the rest. For example, in the podcast on camaroz28 from Oct 13th, John and Cheryl (sp?) said that they weren't giving out the full price list to consumers because they didn't have a format that was easy enough to understand to put it in. WHAAAAT??!?!?!!?!?!

If we didn't have fbodfather here there would be hourly meltdowns. His posts on here are the only thing keeping the ship from sinking. There really needs to be some sort of official blog or something. Or just update the chevrolet.com/camaro site for god sakes. It hasn't been updated in months!!!!
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:51 PM   #230
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeak32 View Post
What can you tell us, and forgive me if this was answered by you elsewhere, but I have not read it if you have -- about the status of the ambient lighting?
There are still issues but should be resolved by the new launch date. At least that's what I got out of it.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #231
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Cool

Bought a Lexus IS 350 in Nov. 2007. Won't make final payment till Dec 2009. I refused to pre-order my Camaro due to GM financial problems. When I buy mine next January I will be getting black on black 2SS and load it out with anything offered. I have no choice to be patient because of the Lexusb but I was shocked to read so many talk about jumping ship due to a delay of a month. Production date has stayed the same for practically 2 years and if you've waited this long, one month will be cake. You're not fooling anyone, (you know who you are) about canceling orders or buying something else. You just got pissed and threw a fit. I thought they scrapped the convert. From what I read, maybe not. I read this every day and am very familiar with alot of you. I just read for about a year and then joined about 6 mo. or so ago and this is my first post. Hey guys, lets just let this thing play out. If you've ever bought something and later wished you had waited for the better model, or bought off the lot and settled on color or an option or two due to impatience then you should be glad that you're being forced this time to wait a little longer for something better. I bought a 67' in 1986 when I was in high school and had a 74' a few years later. I never bought the fourth Gen cuz I thought it was ugly. (I know. Blasphemous!) This is Camaro and as sad as you all were when they discontinued, how much happier will you be that first time you are washing and conditioning it until daylight turns to dark and you take it out on the town.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #232
PQ
Booooosted.

BTW if I've offended anyone then it means I was right.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #233
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
but I was shocked to read so many talk about jumping ship due to a delay of a month.
People aren't jumping ship because of the month delay, they're jumping ship because the build ratio is 50/50 and if they aren't in the upper half of their dealer line they won't be getting their car for forever. If they drive their car in a snowy state, it would make more sense to just swtich to the '11 model and get HUD, a Vert, etc.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #234
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
People aren't jumping ship because of the month delay, they're jumping ship because the build ratio is 50/50 and if they aren't in the upper half of their dealer line they won't be getting their car for forever. If they drive their car in a snowy state, it would make more sense to just swtich to the '11 model and get HUD, a Vert, etc.
That is exactly the sentiment of a lot of people here but I do agree with irpq11 that people cancelling orders over it is just people blowing off steam. Very few have waited this long to just up and cancel. Those that actually do are probably those people who refused to believe they would have their car any later than the end of April. Sorry, but they misled themselves or allowed the dealer to mislead them. Common sense dictates that not everyone was going to get their car by then. If common sense finally struck them in the head like a baseball bat yesterday, well, whose fault is that ?
Old 01-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #235
JMM1181

Drives: '07 350z
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Bought a Lexus IS 350 in Nov. 2007. Won't make final payment till Dec 2009. I refused to pre-order my Camaro due to GM financial problems. When I buy mine next January I will be getting black on black 2SS and load it out with anything offered. I have no choice to be patient because of the Lexusb but I was shocked to read so many talk about jumping ship due to a delay of a month. Production date has stayed the same for practically 2 years and if you've waited this long, one month will be cake. You're not fooling anyone, (you know who you are) about canceling orders or buying something else. You just got pissed and threw a fit. I thought they scrapped the convert. From what I read, maybe not. I read this every day and am very familiar with alot of you. I just read for about a year and then joined about 6 mo. or so ago and this is my first post. Hey guys, lets just let this thing play out. If you've ever bought something and later wished you had waited for the better model, or bought off the lot and settled on color or an option or two due to impatience then you should be glad that you're being forced this time to wait a little longer for something better. I bought a 67' in 1986 when I was in high school and had a 74' a few years later. I never bought the fourth Gen cuz I thought it was ugly. (I know. Blasphemous!) This is Camaro and as sad as you all were when they discontinued, how much happier will you be that first time you are washing and conditioning it until daylight turns to dark and you take it out on the town.
Great first post, I feel like the real payment for getting what you really want in life is sometimes made through patience and not cash but only time will tell. Due to the fact my current car is unable to pass inspections in MA as they keep tightening up emissions testing I really was looking forward to getting this in the spring but, realistically, I need to save up some more anyhow and the wait will only contribute to a more reasonable down payment (and lesser monthly payment) in the end.
JMM1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #236
PQ
Booooosted.

The "Snowy Weather" thing really sucks. I live in Alabama and can't relate really but look at it like this, you may be glad you had to wait in case it's a while for the ABL or any other goodies, ie. the convert. I'm concerned that I may pay more in the end not having pre-ordered due to a high demand for limited supply but I'll just have to wait. I bought my IS 350 as soon as they gave a date for production of the Camaro so I had time to pay it off before I could buy my dream.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #237
ttazzijr700

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS L99
ok...so i havent ordered a camaro and am not planning to because i wanna see how everything is and how the colors look in person....when do u expect i will be able to go in the dealaers and buy an SS???
ttazzijr700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #238
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Um.... I WANT to be able to order it directly through the company. That's my point!

Franchise laws and allocation went out with the hula hoop and the mood ring.

This is a 2010 model... not a horse and buggy.
Then perhaps it's time for you to talk to your Congressmen and Senators!
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote