Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #409
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBL WMR View Post
When are we to find out what percentage V6/V8 the dealerships are allocated?
through the consensus which happens near the beginning of every month, but that tells the dealer the how much of what is available to them.

From a question i ask in the "please read this..." thread

Quote:
Second question: There has been some information that each dealer will be getting two V6's allocations at the very beginning, one that they have no choice over for the show room and one to order. However at the same time others have said they just get the show room vehicle (V6) then general allocation opens and a dealer can order whatever they want. Which of these is the correct scenario, do we even know?
here are the answers i got from two dealers, the first is from camaroscotty and the other is from NUCAR.

Quote:
2 - these are two additional allocations, a little later on...Sorry, I'm actually at home and I don't have word for word notes with me at the moment...but I do recall these can be for customer orders. Keep in mind the goal (at least for us) is to get people who want a Camaro as soon as they can.
Quote:
The statement made was that every store would receive AT LEAST 2 cars in the first 6 months. Does this mean hit the panic button right now? NO!! It means that even the smaller stores will be taken care of in the allocation plan.

One pattern car and then allocation opens. There was no distinction made between V-6 and V-8 cars for orders other than the initial demand was high for V-8. No constraints were expected but could not be ruled out depending on continuing orders. I do not expect a metor impact in the Atlantic ocean next week, but I couldn't rule one out either.

For those wishing a simple explaination of how allocation works and how easy it would be to change the process, here is any example for one mfg in one state.
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/script...022402&invol=1
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #410
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil sac View Post
WELL TO ME THIS IS UNEXCEPTABLE,ORDERED10/13 2SS RS 6M SIM CIBER STIRPES TOLD ME APRIL DELIVERY,NOW IT COULD BE OCT.I WILL BE THIER MONDAY TO GET MY 1,000 BACK AND PUT IT ON A G37.THANK YOU GM
Did you read and understand exactly what's going on? Because I can guarantee you you're overreacting.
Your DEALER should have never told you you'd get it in April. They had no reason to give you any date...You wouldn't have gotten it by then anyways...That has nothing to do with GM.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #411
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
WELL TO ME THIS IS UNEXCEPTABLE,ORDERED10/13 2SS RS 6M SIM CIBER STIRPES TOLD ME APRIL DELIVERY,NOW IT COULD BE OCT.I WILL BE THIER MONDAY TO GET MY 1,000 BACK AND PUT IT ON A G37.THANK YOU GM
Hmmmm... The sky is falling!!!

Now it could be October? It has been that way for over 3 months now. Sold order allocation goes through 3rd quarter 2009.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #412
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I went to my dealer yesterday only to find my fears to be true, that no one at that store at least even attended the viewing.
Look at it this way, Steve, if they had viewed and interpreted the IDL broadcast the way the EVS guys did, you'd be worse off now. And besides, they don't need to have all the answers as long as you are an informed Camaro5 buyer and able to guide them. Just keep in touch with them to stay on top of their monthly allocations, hopefully you know your order's place in their original total allotments, demand they don't shift you in the sequence and you should be fine. Oh, and be patient!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #413
transfrmn
Imperial Blue LT2/RS

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
I would like to thank Fbodfather for bringing us an amazing car after sitting in it yesterday in virginia beach(even though we we not supposed to apparently) all doubts have been erased from my mind and i will wait as long as it takes for my order to be made.

thanks again
ps should you read this do you think you will be at the Raleigh, nc car show in feb
transfrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #414
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
IT COULD HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AS LATE AS SEPTEMBER!

turn off your caps and calm down, its one month
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #415
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Check with your dealer first...find out where you stand with them as far as your order in comparison with other Camaros ordered before canx!

You may be the first person to order the 2SS and after the first run of V6 cars and they go to preordered cars you may have your car sooner than Oct.

Talk to your dealer before deciding anything.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #416
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Hmmmm... The sky is falling!!!

Now it could be October? It has been that way for over 3 months now. Sold order allocation goes through 3rd quarter 2009.

And exactly what number is that? If it's 50k then October is acceptable but if it's 10k, you'ld think everyone laying out a deposit would be filled first. I have no plans to cancel my order but I am starting to ask myself why I should buy in the spring only to get it in the fall. Makes more sense for us snow belters to wait until 2010 if only to get the HUD and 3:73.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #417
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by transfrmn View Post
I would like to thank Fbodfather for bringing us an amazing car after sitting in it yesterday in virginia beach(even though we we not supposed to apparently) all doubts have been erased from my mind and i will wait as long as it takes for my order to be made.

thanks again
ps should you read this do you think you will be at the Raleigh, nc car show in feb
I've already emailed Scott and he has told me he's committed to two other events that same weekend and won't be able to make it down. Should be in the thread I started about that event.
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #418
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Not exactly. They'll be building V6s and V8s all at the same time. Of the V6s, the first ones will be sent as test cars to dealerships then they'll start the preordered ones. All the V8s should fill any preorders a dealer has.
Reading this would make me think that having pre-ordered a V6 would be undesirable, so why is everybody freaking out about the V8?

2000 Blazer LS | winter beater
GLBL WMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #419
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBL WMR View Post
Reading this would make me think that having pre-ordered a V6 would be undesirable, so why is everybody freaking out about the V8?
The reason is 100%: misinformation. :(

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #420
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
GREAT! Those with SS cars will thank you for moving them up a notch.
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #421
ducaticorse

Drives: 05 GC 4.7/05 IH Outlaw/07 GSXR
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Legend View Post
But your not storing it in 2010 and for 4 months into the 2011 season....you are storing it in 2009 and for 4 months into the 2010 season? And the car is a 2010 so not sure about depreciation?

I guess I don't understand fully as I don't plan to sell my Camaro any time soon if at all. So depreciation really never came to mind for me.

Since i'm not in the position you guys are in I most likely won't understand but respect your thoughts...thanks.
You are correct about the years. But if the 2010 is introuduced in 2009, depreciation wise, it's still a year old in 2010, sounds odd, I know. The 2011's will be arriving in 2010, follow?
ducaticorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #422
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Drives: '78 Camaro Z28, '80 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
You keep telling us GM has to abide by laws, that we have to change our ellected officials, but you don't make serious efforts to change them or force the hand to circumvent them legally. Trust me, GM has more legal clought in the US than any of us pissant Joe the Plumber voters.
GM has an obligation to NOT obey illegal laws and yet they follow illegal laws and then wonder why they are near bankruptcy. The Feds are not authorized to determine fuel economy or emissions standards for automobiles. I shouldn't have to bail out a company that won't insist on the rule of law. Buying my Camaro is enough support of GM..
liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #423
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Bailout - no need to pay back (bad mortgage companies)

Loan - Payback later (The big three automakers)

I'm far more angered from bailing out than loaning.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:46 PM   #424
mxkx250

Drives: 12 ZL1, 98 Camaro SS, 67 RS/SS
Send a message via Yahoo to mxkx250
If you get your Camaro in October 2009, the 2011 cars won't be sold till October 2010. You will still have your car a year before the new year model comes out.
mxkx250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #425
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
OH NO ....not another 29 pages!!!
I know! This site is killing me the last couple days. LOL

I can't believe everyone has gotten SO worked up over what ONE member posted. Someone I don't believe has been here all that long to begin with.

And if you watch(ed) that video they posted of the IDL it was edited in such a way as to be very inflammatory. If they really wanted to keep everyone informed, they would have posted it in it's entirety. Not to mention their personal 'take' on what it all meant.

They seemed as if they were just trying to stir up trouble, and didn't strike me as all that trustworthy.

So... Where have they been since they started all this anyway? Hmm?
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote