Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

LSR Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 11-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Deleted

Deleted

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs

Last edited by InvaderMoose; 03-06-2014 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Deleted
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Those look like they will do the job but you might want to look at some other options. There are a number of vendors here at C5 that have just a good or better exhaust setup at a much better price. Do a search and you will find a number of good exhaust systems.

Check this out:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109873

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
Entaille

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
quick glance, your X pipe states it's for use with the stock manifolds, which you look to be replacing.

not saying they are incompatible, you just need to address that before purchasing. Bills link is good, a full quality system with no question to compatibility.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
InvaderMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
quick glance, your X pipe states it's for use with the stock manifolds, which you look to be replacing.

not saying they are incompatible, you just need to address that before purchasing. Bills link is good, a full quality system with no question to compatibility.
See, what I'm not understanding is it says:

Header Package, 1-3/4" Long Tube 2010-11 Camaro V8 w/Installation Kit/High-Flow Cats; use w/#30220, #30223

>>use w/#30220

Well, the #30220 X-pipes say to use w/ stock manifolds. Doesnt it sort of contradict itsself?

PowerFlo-X Crossover Pipe Assembly, 2010-11 Camaro V8; use w/stock exhaust manifolds

Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
Old 11-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
xxlbeerz

Drives: 2010 Black on Black
Regular SLP is 2.5" (stock size), and SLP Power Flo is 3".
They may include reducers, not sure.
xxlbeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #6
Apex Chase

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Doesn't look like those are going to work together. I can set you up with the system below for a lot less money and head ache. Hit me up if your interested.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
InvaderMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Doesn't look like those are going to work together. I can set you up with the system below for a lot less money and head ache. Hit me up if your interested.

It's going to sound weird...

But to me, that exhaust just sounds too quiet.

I REALLY love the exhaust in this video:

http://slptv.slponline.com/video_detail.php?mId=9636
which is what turned me on to these parts, so I'm trying to figure out what will go together to make them work.

EDIT: After overlooking the parts, it seems like

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=30214
and
http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=31212

would work fine?

Old 11-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #8
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
LOL....Stainless Works is one of the loudest out there.

You can't go by just video because not all microphones will record the same.

JBA is also another loud one. Actually....you want loud, do a muffler delete with a Tru-X and LT headers.

Nothing wrong with SLP though but it's probably not the loudest out available.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #9
InvaderMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
LOL....Stainless Works is one of the loudest out there.

You can't go by just video because not all microphones will record the same.

JBA is also another loud one. Actually....you want loud, do a muffler delete with a Tru-X and LT headers.

Nothing wrong with SLP though but it's probably not the loudest out available.
Well, It's hard to describe what I want. I want loud, but I don't want nuclear-bomb-going-off-in-your-engine-bay loud.

The stainless works just has an odd sound to me, its.. I'm not sure how to describe it, there's just something I dont like about it. It's too high pitched I guess, where SLP has a really deep sounding tone. Maybe I'm crazy or it's just the video
I'll check out JBA though, Havn't looked at it.

EDIT:

Just checked the JBA. It sounds REALLY nice and crisp, and its cheap too..

Man, now I'm torn between JBA and SLP

Last edited by InvaderMoose; 11-11-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #10
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
I've heard a full JBA setup in person. Too loud for my taste but everyone has their own preference. The muffler delete, no resonators, with LTs is probably the loudest one I've heard. Over the top IMO.

Personally....if money weren't an issue I think the LG Motorsports setup is one of the best sounding ones out there. It's not cheap though especially if you have the headers ceramic coated (which I would absolutley recommend no matter who you go with). You should definatley give it a look as well.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
InvaderMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I've heard a full JBA setup in person. Too loud for my taste but everyone has their own preference. The muffler delete, no resonators, with LTs is probably the loudest one I've heard. Over the top IMO.

Personally....if money weren't an issue I think the LG Motorsports setup is one of the best sounding ones out there. It's not cheap though especially if you have the headers ceramic coated (which I would absolutley recommend no matter who you go with). You should definatley give it a look as well.

Maybe I'm just not a fan of the LG exhaust. I remember going to barrett jackson and hearing the extremely loud exhaust on the mustangs and camaros, and I thought it sounded great out there. Actually living with it and driving everyday may become a bit tiresome, I suppose.

Right now the Camaro is just WAY too quiet, I want some noise, and I want to try and get it to sound like the old '69 camaros. The SLP seems to do it, and so does the JBA, but I havnt heard them in person so I'm not sure how loud they REALLY are..

Old 11-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #12
InvaderMoose

Update:

I've decided I like the JBA system more than SLP.
6813SJS (http://www.jegs.com/i/JBA/578/6813SJS/10002/-1)
6813SDC (www.jegs.com/i/JBA/578/40-3113/10002/-1)
40-3113 (http://www.jegs.com/i/JBA/578/40-3113/10002/-1)

Apparently the Murrays Speed shop that's about 5 miles from my house carries it, so I'll go and look today or tomorow.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #13
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 JDP Track Spec Camaro
We have a lot of great options including the JBA system. My personal favorite is the KOOKS LT's with the Magnaflow 16483 but everyone has different taste. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions or for pricing. Good luck!!!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 11-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #14
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
You'd be better off talking to one our vendors. They should be able to easily beat the prices from JEGS. Most times, calling or PMing them will net you a better price, especially if you're going to buy everything at once. Many vendors here also offer free shipping.

Unless you get a great package deal, i'd suggest doing LT's and cats first. All three sections of the exhaust will change the exhaust tone. I'd do the headers and cats/no cats first. Hook it up to the OEM catback and see how you like it. It will be considerably louder than OEM and won't drone. If you still want more, you can change the catback or axleback. Many have been happy with the sound of LT's and stock catback. It's also considerably cheaper.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #15
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended

Drives: White 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
Update:

I've decided I like the JBA system more than SLP.
6813SJS (http://www.jegs.com/i/JBA/578/6813SJS/10002/-1)
6813SDC (www.jegs.com/i/JBA/578/40-3113/10002/-1)
40-3113 (http://www.jegs.com/i/JBA/578/40-3113/10002/-1)

Apparently the Murrays Speed shop that's about 5 miles from my house carries it, so I'll go and look today or tomorow.
I have the complete JBA system and it sounds GREAT. You will love the sound and I gained 53rwhp with a tune and this exhaust.

DW
2010 4 DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #16
InvaderMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 4 DW View Post
I have the complete JBA system and it sounds GREAT. You will love the sound and I gained 53rwhp with a tune and this exhaust.

DW
Well, that's reassuring.

Is the drone bad? And how loud is it, really. What I'm reading makes it sound like it just screams above evertyhing. (which is good)

Old 11-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #17
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended

Drives: White 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
Well, that's reassuring.

Is the drone bad? And how loud is it, really. What I'm reading makes it sound like it just screams above evertyhing. (which is good)
The drone is not bad at all I think. At 1900rpms it is noticeable but at 2200 is has gone away. I just make sure to be cruising above 2200 and I'm fine. Everyone that hears the car says it's the best sounding exhaust system.

It screams at WOT!
2010 4 DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #18
InvaderMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 4 DW View Post
The drone is not bad at all I think. At 1900rpms it is noticeable but at 2200 is has gone away. I just make sure to be cruising above 2200 and I'm fine. Everyone that hears the car says it's the best sounding exhaust system.

It screams at WOT!
Yep, yep. That's that. Tomorrow I'm heading over to Murrays and seeing if they can order it, or maybe they have it in stock.
Cant wait to get this system on my car.