Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 11-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
New Exhaust Muffler Question.

Hey guys,

I am going to jump right into it. I bought a 1 7/8 long tubes to three inch exhaust from ARH a few months ago. I installed the ARH, but kept the stock mufflers because I wasn't sure what I was going to get yet. Since I am getting my car tuned next tuesday, I wanted to get rid of the stock mufflers before the tune. I went to a recommended exhaust shop in my area. They recommended that they put on spintech mufflers. Since they have put the spintechs on the car sounds stockish. Even less of a sound then with the stock mufflers on it. Is that normal? When I rev it it doesn't growl anymore? Does that mean anything for performance? Would it have better if I had just done a muffler delete instead?
I'm so lost...
Please help!

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
mikeSS

Drives: 2013 E92 M3
bro you got to get some real mufflers... like borla or maganflow

2010 camaro cammed- sold
2013 E92 V8 M3 DCT ZCP
C7 pending order
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
unless you want crazy loud like me then keep mufflers on. Just get some good ones. I've heard that Borla and Corsa do really well on keeping drone to a minimum.

Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
What the hell kinda spintechs did they install? I had those on my olds ( spintach sportsman ) they were mean as hell! That sucks man, they should have put spintech prostreets on it, that should sound sick!
Bad70supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #5
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to danhr
spintech's are nice mufflers.

A good idea would just to search around on the forums and on youtube to listen to other people's cars and what kind of mufflers they have. Everyone is going to tell you their personal preferance, but mufflers and sound is a PERSONAL choice (perfect example would be the person that posted above me that suggested you get "real mufflers, like borla or magnaflow").
Old 11-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
I am getting a tune on tuesday to see how these mufflers are. What is the usual gain with a full exhaust?

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
CamaroCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
spintech's are nice mufflers.

A good idea would just to search around on the forums and on youtube to listen to other people's cars and what kind of mufflers they have. Everyone is going to tell you their personal preferance, but mufflers and sound is a PERSONAL choice (perfect example would be the person that posted above me that suggested you get "real mufflers, like borla or magnaflow").

You misunderstood me. I was not saying those are the only REAL mufflers out there. I was just saying that i have heard good things about them and their ability to keep the drone down. I do not have mufflers at all. I happen to love the fact that my car can set peoples car alarms off for two block when I get on it.
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
Old 11-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #8
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
You misunderstood me. I was not saying those are the only REAL mufflers out there. I was just saying that i have heard good things about them and their ability to keep the drone down. I do not have mufflers at all. I happen to love the fact that my car can set peoples car alarms off for two block when I get on it.
no i believe you misunderstood me. I wasn't referring to you in the previous post.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #9
CamaroCowboy

Oops! My bad