Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 11-15-2010, 08:02 AM   #1
Hired Gun
Wild Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Exhaust question from newbie

After a long look at cars, I finally bought a 2010 SS Black Camaro with the A6. The dealer told me to pick out 1500 bucks worth of accessories. So I looked on the GM site and am getting white stripes, and want the exhaust, but the site says LS3. It does not give the L99 option. Is there a difference in bolt up? Should not be, but I dont know. I need this answered before I call the dealer this morning to give them the go ahead on ordering.

Please help me. This has been a battle since the start and I am about ready to just give up.

Jared
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
If I were you I would use the money on something else because their exhaust doesn't sound much better than the factory one. I would wait and pick out a aftermarket exhaust you will be much happier INMO.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 740rwhp,685rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
No difference in the bolt up. It should fit.

They probably aren't showing an option because you really should tune out the AFM on an L99. Otherwise it will sound like a ricer when it goes into the 4 cyl mode.

Also, there are a lot of other options out there for alot cheaper. Unless you just don't have money to spend on an afterwarket exhaust I would tell you to look at something else and then buy the aftermarket exhaust you would really want.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #4
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
How long before you have to use the $1500? Pedders and Pfadt suspension products are gearing up to be GMPP ready. If you can hold out for a little bit, i'd DEFINITELY go this route.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
Hired Gun
Wild Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Well thank you for the responses. I think I will wait and get a magnaflow or corsa exhaust. I want the sound bad. So I guess I will just get the white stripes for the body, the hockey stripe kit, match it with the white interior trim kit, the car cover, and cargo net.

What does a good corsa, or magna flow kit cost? What is better? Cat back or axel back? Eventually I will get headers.
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Wow, you asked a lot. In my opinion the rally stripes with the hockeys looks dumb, get the solid hood/hockey stripe kit. Second, I have the cover, it's ok. Since it's free in essence for you I guess it's worth it. Catback vs axel depends on how loud you want. Cat back eliminates the resonators but on the auto you need them unless you tune out the afm. Adding headers is a great mod but be prepared for loud. I love mine. LT headers and a Flowmaster cat back. Good luck, enjoy!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hired Gun View Post
What does a good corsa, or magna flow kit cost? What is better? Cat back or axel back? Eventually I will get headers.
Too many options for any one person to give you. You'll get someone with each one of the exhausts saying to get the one they got.

It's all personal preference. What I think is too loud or sounds good is going to be different than your opinion. You just need to keep listening to the different videos and it would be even better if you can hear the exhaust in person.

There is a sticky at the top of the forum with a link to a bunch of different exhaust setups.

The muffler delete is probably the cheapest and easiest to do and get you by until you find what you want. You should also keep in mind LT headers because if you go that route it's going to change up the sound a bit.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote