Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #171
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Sorry for the delay. This annoying work thing has gotten in the way. Should be installing Monday.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #172
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
I love mine! Had em on now for about 6 months or so
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #173
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianskeet View Post
Sorry for the delay. This annoying work thing has gotten in the way. Should be installing Monday.
Looking forward to seeing some images!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
I love mine! Had em on now for about 6 months or so
Happy to hear that!
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:39 PM   #174
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Got them installed

I put them in today and took some pics. Fairly straight forward install. The provided instructions are spot on. The lights themselves are very high quality. The housings are solid and well made. All the connections snap in place exactly like the OEM lights. I do recommend an extra set of hands when removing and re-installing the rear clip. Does not need to be highly skilled hands; just someone to help hold things level. The light output is FANTASTIC. I am driving a 2010 so no back up sensors. These lights are a mater of safety for me as well as the improved confidence when backing up at night. My favorite part has to be not having to roll my windows down in the cold just to see while backing down my driveway.
Attached Images

ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Old 01-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #175
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

First two pics are stockers, Next three are the new lights.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #176
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

More pics

A few more pics. The trim tools are not absolutely necessary, but they make the job so much easier. Those plastic rivets are easy to mangle if you don't have the right tools to remove them.
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2012, 12:27 AM   #177
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
OOoh la la!! Love seeing these installs!

This is one of those hidden gems that people haven't seen much and HAVE TO HAVE once they see em in person!

Great "how to!!"
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:41 AM   #178
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Thanks Ivan!! Very soon I will post up the AAC DRL install.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #179
AACstyle

Quote:
I put them in today and took some pics. Fairly straight forward install. The provided instructions are spot on. The lights themselves are very high quality. The housings are solid and well made. All the connections snap in place exactly like the OEM lights. I do recommend an extra set of hands when removing and re-installing the rear clip. Does not need to be highly skilled hands; just someone to help hold things level. The light output is FANTASTIC. I am driving a 2010 so no back up sensors. These lights are a mater of safety for me as well as the improved confidence when backing up at night. My favorite part has to be not having to roll my windows down in the cold just to see while backing down my driveway.
Wow, can't ask for a more precise and comprehensive review than that!

We worked for a long time designing these lights and many people thought we were putting way too much effort into something that drivers rarely use but its good to see that our over-engineering has not gone unappreciated
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #180
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

They surprised me this morning. I was backing out of my spot at the gym and saw my back up lights reflecting off the cars behind me. This in broad daylight! That never happened with the stockers.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #181
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
They surprised me this morning. I was backing out of my spot at the gym and saw my back up lights reflecting off the cars behind me. This in broad daylight! That never happened with the stockers.
That's great to hear! If you have any pictures at night with them on post those up too.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:31 AM   #182
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

I will get some soon
Old 02-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #183
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
I will get some soon
Thanks!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #184
LIV4MUDDIN

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Just ordered a set. Can't wait. Been wanting these to long.
LIV4MUDDIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #185
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

I love mine. My other car is a truck so I am used to being able to see back there. these lights help a lot.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #186
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIV4MUDDIN View Post
Just ordered a set. Can't wait. Been wanting these to long.
Happy to hear that!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #187
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quick question...and I'm sure it's been answered before but it's a huge thread.

Why, in some pictures, do the actual LED's look to have a yellow ring around them and in some pictures they don't?

Tags
camaro, led, light, oracle, reverse