Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #188
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
Quick question...and I'm sure it's been answered before but it's a huge thread.

Why, in some pictures, do the actual LED's look to have a yellow ring around them and in some pictures they don't?
It's the way the light refracts off the LED's with the camera flash, some pictures pick up on it others don't. Mine are tinted and you don't see the yellow at all in person. If you get the clear version you will see a slight yellow ring depending on the angle you look at them. This is because the LED's are blue and the yellow is used to make the light more white in color.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #189
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
It's the way the light refracts off the LED's with the camera flash, some pictures pick up on it others don't. Mine are tinted and you don't see the yellow at all in person. If you get the clear version you will see a slight yellow ring depending on the angle you look at them. This is because the LED's are blue and the yellow is used to make the light more white in color.
Thanks Paul! The yellow that you see is a flux that is used to make the LEDs white; from certain angles you can see the yellow flux on the clear lenses but if you have tinted lenses it is much less noticeable.
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #190
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan@AACstyle.com View Post
Thanks Paul! The yellow that you see is a flux that is used to make the LEDs white; from certain angles you can see the yellow flux on the clear lenses but if you have tinted lenses it is much less noticeable.
Yup NP, just trying to help the community how I can.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love mine? LOL It's sooo nice to see now!, I use to just back down hoping no one put something in my parking spot haha.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #191
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Seeing behind me at night is way cool. Not having to roll my window down in the rain to do it is over the top cool.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #192
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianskeet View Post
Seeing behind me at night is way cool. Not having to roll my window down in the rain to do it is over the top cool.
Or in the fog!
Old 02-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #193
AACstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianskeet View Post
Could not have said it better myself
AACstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #194
AACstyle

Bump for UF4LIFE102SS
Old 02-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #195
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
I know.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #196
Jonathan@AACstyle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
I know.
Can't wait to see them installed!
Jonathan@AACstyle.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #197
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Had these reverse lights for about a month or two now. Today I finished installing Ofers (2SSRS) backup camera kit. Those two mods together make a great team.

Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #198
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Alban View Post
Had these reverse lights for about a month or two now. Today I finished installing Ofers (2SSRS) backup camera kit. Those two mods together make a great team.
Very cool!! I may eventually, get his back up camera too. I have one from my FJ I plan to install for the time being, but it has an external screen I have to mount, if I find I like it I will convert to Ofer's cam.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #199
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Alban View Post

Nice. I can't wait to get my back up cam installed
Old 03-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #200
Saint Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Very cool!! I may eventually, get his back up camera too. I have one from my FJ I plan to install for the time being, but it has an external screen I have to mount, if I find I like it I will convert to Ofer's cam.
It is pretty great. Especially when you auto start your car. Your lights come on and when you get in the car, the camera is already on showing what's behind you without having to put the car in reverse.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #201
Saint Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Nice. I can't wait to get my back up cam installed
It's a pretty quick install. I was done before I knew it. All plug and play. The most time consuming part was making the hole for the camera. I was trying to make it perfect.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #202
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

I am loving your cam install. You said it was all plug and play. Is that true for the 2010 as well or just 2011 on up.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Old 03-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #203
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

OK RIF (reading is fundamental) I just saw that you are driving a 2010! That must go on my to do list. Thanks for the great write up.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #204
AACstyle

Check out our "Scan and Save" ad campaign for limited time discounts on your favorite Camaro products!

Tags
camaro, led, light, oracle, reverse