Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-18-2016, 07:45 AM   #1
DGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS - Ashen Gray
Clutch kit help

I need a new clutch kit -I know of Ram, Monster and Spec... anyone know of any other options or recommendations? PS - I have an ATI super damper I need to now sell listed in classifieds- thanks, Dennis
2013 Camaro 1LS... OVERKILL Supercharged System w/Mace Cams, Jacfab Extendolator, Jacfab ported intake, Alky Control twin nozzle system, ARH off road pipes, JBA 3" dual exhaust with Magnaflow resonated x-pipe, 3.91 gears, ZL1 strut tower brace, MGW shifter, Phantom grilles, ACS hood heat extractor, ACS T5 splitter, 3dCarbon side vents, Havoc rear spoiler, PLX boost and wideband modules with gauges, ZL1 fuel pump and 4pack gauge cluster......
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:30 PM   #2
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
I had a Spec... for 3 months. Don't get Spec.

I have heard only great things about Ram, I would go with that. You don't have many other option with the v6 anyway, think about it as making your final decision easier lol.
IPF Supercharger, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, MRT V2 Exhaust, Barton Short Throw Shifter, ZL1 grille, Carbon Fiber Lip Spoiler and Stripes, Blue LED Halos and HID fogs, Blue Footwell and Interior Lights
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:37 PM   #3
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Steve at Monster Clutch just released one for our car. Its supposedly pretty B.A.

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

Overkill Tuned, Vortech charged!

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:04 PM   #4
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
Steve at Monster Clutch just released one for our car. Its supposedly pretty B.A.

That finally happened? Hell ya, if reviews are good I'll probably snag one soon
IPF Supercharger, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, MRT V2 Exhaust, Barton Short Throw Shifter, ZL1 grille, Carbon Fiber Lip Spoiler and Stripes, Blue LED Halos and HID fogs, Blue Footwell and Interior Lights
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:07 PM   #5
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Yeah it happened. I was talking with him about having one designed for my car-was goign to drop it down there. Not going to get into details, but that never happened.

However he does have them out, and the few people I know with them are loving them

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

Overkill Tuned, Vortech charged!

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:30 PM   #6
DGM

ordered the Monster Clutch Kit from Steve
2013 Camaro 1LS... OVERKILL Supercharged System w/Mace Cams, Jacfab Extendolator, Jacfab ported intake, Alky Control twin nozzle system, ARH off road pipes, JBA 3" dual exhaust with Magnaflow resonated x-pipe, 3.91 gears, ZL1 strut tower brace, MGW shifter, Phantom grilles, ACS hood heat extractor, ACS T5 splitter, 3dCarbon side vents, Havoc rear spoiler, PLX boost and wideband modules with gauges, ZL1 fuel pump and 4pack gauge cluster......
Old 07-20-2016, 04:38 PM   #7
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
ordered the Monster Clutch Kit from Steve
Did you get the Monster slave as well?
Old 07-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #8
DGM

he told me gm slave cylinder - I got one
Old 07-21-2016, 11:20 AM   #9
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
Let us know how you make out. I plan on installing a separate clutch reservoir, and new clutch soon. I was going to go with RAM, but curious to see how this setup works.