Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Engine Misfire Issue

After getting the "stabilitrak needs servicing message" and having my rpms going all over the place everytime I drive the car, I took the car to a local mechanic who told me that all cylinders are misfiring and that whatever tune I have on my car is most likely causing the issue.

I know that tuning the LLT isn't exactly a breeze, but what are my options for getting my car running normal again, since obviously I can't just take the car to any performance shop. I live in Maryland btw.
IPF Supercharger, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, MRT V2 Exhaust, Barton Short Throw Shifter, ZL1 grille, Carbon Fiber Lip Spoiler and Stripes, Blue LED Halos and HID fogs, Blue Footwell and Interior Lights
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:09 AM   #2
Evil-Bee-NH
Impatiently waiting GM!

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
You could try Maryland Speed as an option short of contacting IPF with datalog files so they can diagnose it themselves. This is assuming your running their tune with their supercharger.
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:53 AM   #3
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
What tune are you running from IPF? Try the V60C1C10 version if you aren't, I had the same problems because the LTFT's were running very rich and they would carry over into WOT.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:06 PM   #4
djrasras

I used whatever IPF tune was available 2 summers ago. I will check to see if there is another tune available. This started happening after I changed the spark plugs btw but I checked them twice and they are gapped at .32 if that makes a difference
IPF Supercharger, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, MRT V2 Exhaust, Barton Short Throw Shifter, ZL1 grille, Carbon Fiber Lip Spoiler and Stripes, Blue LED Halos and HID fogs, Blue Footwell and Interior Lights
Old 10-22-2015, 03:40 PM   #5
djrasras

Just contacted Maryland Speed, apparently they don't do custom tuning support anymore ;(
Old 10-22-2015, 04:17 PM   #6
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
If it started after replacing the plugs I would try another set. Did you use the same plugs or different ones? I dont know what plugs you are running but the NGK Iridium plugs I run are very fragile as far as gapping goes. If I run the gapper across the iridium when gapping it will break up at high rpms no matter what the gap is. Now I use a magnifying glass and just get it as close as I can by eying it. No more issues. I don't know if thats your problem but if it started with a plug change then I would definitely look there.
Fabberge turbo kit w/ Garrett GT28's -- 3" downpipes w/ 3" V-band wastegates -- Jacfab forged rods -- Diamond forged pistons(10.5:1) -- AEM boost controller -- Tial Q BOV -- CircleD 2E triple disc converter -- Tru-Cool 40k tranny cooler -- BMR suspension -- Pegasus aluminum rear cradle bushings -- Pfadt 1.25" springs -- ZL1 sway bars -- SS diff swap(3.27) w/ SS axles & hubs -- Brembo brakes -- Elite Engineering E2-X Ultra evac system -- ARK Performance DT-S Catback Exhaust
12.123 @ 119.88

Sponsors
Elite Engineering
JacFab Custom Design
Ark Performance
Fabberge
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:20 PM   #7
djrasras

How do I use a magnifying glass to adjust gapping?
Old 10-22-2015, 04:22 PM   #8
MagnumForceGB

Denso ITV22's, pre-gapped to 0.032"
Old 10-22-2015, 04:24 PM   #9
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Look up T&T Performance in Frederick MD.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:45 PM   #10
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
How do I use a magnifying glass to adjust gapping?
I hold the feeler gauge next to it or behind it to check the gap WITHOUT touching it. Then I just tap the plug on something until it's where I want. I use the magnifying glass because my eyes can't see that good lol. But if you can get plugs pregapped like what MagnumForce posted that would be even better.
Fabberge turbo kit w/ Garrett GT28's -- 3" downpipes w/ 3" V-band wastegates -- Jacfab forged rods -- Diamond forged pistons(10.5:1) -- AEM boost controller -- Tial Q BOV -- CircleD 2E triple disc converter -- Tru-Cool 40k tranny cooler -- BMR suspension -- Pegasus aluminum rear cradle bushings -- Pfadt 1.25" springs -- ZL1 sway bars -- SS diff swap(3.27) w/ SS axles & hubs -- Brembo brakes -- Elite Engineering E2-X Ultra evac system -- ARK Performance DT-S Catback Exhaust
12.123 @ 119.88

Sponsors
Elite Engineering
JacFab Custom Design
Ark Performance
Fabberge
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 11:04 AM   #11
djrasras

I'll order the pre-gapped Denso's today, thanks for the advice everyone. Should I still check out this new IPF tune?
Old 10-24-2015, 11:08 AM   #12
MagnumForceGB

Yes, get the tune that says something like MAX LTFT
Old 10-24-2015, 11:15 AM   #13
djrasras

Ok cool, what's the difference with the new one?
Old 10-24-2015, 11:21 AM   #14
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
Ok cool, what's the difference with the new one?
It limits the long term fuel trims to 5 or 10%, so at WOT it isn't dumping fuel and causing misfires. The LTFT's are carried over into Power Enrichment mode. I was having the same issues 2 years ago, used that tune and never had that issue again.