Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 11-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #1
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
New IPF procharger kit for LLT & LFX

A friend showed this and wanted to share. Looks clean and more powerful! This is from SEMA

Korkar Performance Engineering releases supercharger kit for second generation V6 Cadillac CTS

GM performance tuner releases second supercharger kit following V6 Camaro kit success

Las Vegas, NV, November 3, 2014: Korkar Performance Engineering (KPE) unveiled its supercharger kit for the second generation Cadillac CTS 3.6L V6 direct injection to onlookers at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, at its exhibitor booth (#20771). With the KPE-Supercharger system installed, the power is increased from 305 HP (stock) to 440 HP (supercharged) without sacrificing the already impressive fuel economy, reliability and while utilizing pump 91 octane fuel, or without any permanent modifications to the vehicle.

The KPE “Bolt-On” supercharger system adds over 120+ HP to both the “LLT” and “LFX” engine code V6 Cadillac CTS’s by utilizing meticulously engineered components, precisely tuned ECU calibration software from our partner, IPF Tuning and incorporating the latest generation Pro Charger C-2 centrifugal compressor. Jason Plotke, President of KPE says, “since the introduction of our Camaro V6 Supercharger kit, The CTS kits has been our most requested product and we were determined to make it happen.” He further states, “with the success of the Camaro Supercharger and our proven track record for performance, craftsmanship and reliability, we think enthusiast will enjoy the extra power available, with so many of these cars on the road and so few options to increase horsepower.”

KPE is accepting pre-orders now and consumers can expect the kit, which fits the sedan, coupe and wagon body styles, priced similarly to their Camaro V6 supercharger kit.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Attached Images

Last edited by Can't_C_Me; 11-05-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
JantzenOKC
Twins on the way!

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS LFX
Very interesting...
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

I think it is the same kit from the Camaro but not 💯 sure. Maybe one of the Camaro owners can give feedback.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:48 PM   #4
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2014 1LT Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
The mounting bracket looks different to the naked eye, and it's a PROCharger... The current Camaro kit uses the Vortech unit!

I'm glad they are pushing forward, but I'm curious as to why they decided to change the head unit... I think you can get noisy gears in the PC, so it can be ridiculously loud which is what some people like, but I can't imagine a caddy guy going for that (the noise, not the extra power)

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph SOLD!
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:08 PM   #5
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
The mounting bracket looks different to the naked eye, and it's a PROCharger... The current Camaro kit uses the Vortech unit!

I'm glad they are pushing forward, but I'm curious as to why they decided to change the head unit... I think you can get noisy gears in the PC, so it can be ridiculously loud which is what some people like, but I can't imagine a caddy guy going for that (the noise, not the extra power)
I agree it is a procharger I knew that much but didnt realize until you pointed it out. And yes the mounting seems further back as the procharger unit is seems larger.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I agree it is a procharger I knew that much but didnt realize until you pointed it out. And yes the mounting seems further back as the procharger unit is seems larger.

The info you posted says the kit utilizes the Procharger C2, which is listed in the sport compact section of the PC website... On the Sport compact section, the C2 reads 6-7 psi on everything listed (there), the "higher" boost (8-10) list using a C1-A or a C1-B...

The PC kits utilize a P-1SC on the 3.7 and 4.0 v6 Mustang applications for 7-9psi...

I'm just thinking to myself, the C2 was an interesting choice.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
Old 11-05-2014, 10:06 PM   #7
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Maybe a better option?! Always have heard that many prefer the procharger over the vortech on my end. Maybe ipf would chime in on this.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:38 PM   #8
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Maybe a better option?! Always have heard that many prefer the procharger over the vortech on my end. Maybe ipf would chime in on this.

Possibly... I did a lot of reading on people opinions online of Vortech vs Procharger, and I come up with that it's six of one, half dozen of the other. Just depends on which forum you go to.

I was thiiiiiis close to going with a P-1SC on my car, except I got scammed on e-smay... Then I got a stupid good deal on the TVS 1900, and decided to try my hand at a top mount.

I'm all for the procharger route, and very interested to see what IPF/KPE has to say about this kit...

I wonder if future Camaro kits will have the Procharger also???

Old 11-05-2014, 10:55 PM   #9
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: dangerously
Is there much avalible for the pulley swaps on the PC? I was always baffled that you could spend all this money on a s/c kit and you where maxed out from the start on boost

Sent from the desert.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake|tinted tail lights | brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's |
'10 2Lt Camaro; being beat up by the woman......
'77 T/A 6.6;,kre-d port heads|10.5 compression. forged rotating assym.|hydro. roller valve train| 850 quad-zilla.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:11 PM   #10
MagnumForceGB

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 / 2014 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
Is there much avalible for the pulley swaps on the PC? I was always baffled that you could spend all this money on a s/c kit and you where maxed out from the start on boost

Sent from the desert.
Uh... You can do pulley swaps on the current Vortech system, I have. You could pulley down all the way to 18 PSI before the supercharger overspins, but you will be pulling so much timing from detonation that it wouldn't be worth it. 10 is the max on 91 octane, anything more and you need either race gas or methanol injection. This engine is 11.3:1 compression ratio.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:45 AM   #11
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
It would be interesting if ipf would offer 2 stages of their v6 system say the base unit with the vortech head unit and an upgraded system with the procharger. I personally would rather the procharger. I think their could be a market if a stage 2 system would make more power say 20-40 more hp I think people would pay an extra 300-500 if it would be worth it. Any thoughts?
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #12
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: SOLD: 2013 2LT RS Camaro
Interesting...

kpe did say they we're developing this PC kit way back when I visited their job 6 months ago.

If I remember right they we're going to offer this kit to both CTS and the Camaro market.

Camaro-less atm...picking up my ZL1 soon...

KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #13
MagnumForceGB

Prochargers are loud unless you get the Helix gears (I think they are called).

You can put a smaller pulley without meth but your car will lose 50 HP, the heat is extreme and after a run your oil temp climbs above 250. Methanol is required for boost above 10 psi unless you lower the compression ratio.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #14
A_DILLA
WHTNGHT ZLS

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
Those numbers up top mean 130hp, are you saying on a 2013 2LS with 323hp from factory, it will go to 463hp with no other mods? If so that's tempting.

TO VIEW MY JOURNEY CLICK BELOW --> COTW 09/22/2014 <--
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...12#post7909512
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #15
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
I think the Vortec has helical gears-

The teeth on helical gears are cut at an angle to the face of the gear. When two teeth on a helical gear system engage, the contact starts at one end of the tooth and gradually spreads as the gears rotate, until the two teeth are in full engagement.
This gradual engagement makes helical gears operate much more smoothly and quietly than spur gears.
Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, SS struts/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing sways, Pedders radius arm & rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #16
IPF-Tuning

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX - IPF Supercharged
Hello all, Procharger has the correct packaging for the CTS application, the Vortech V3 has been great for us over the years with virtually zero issues. We do no have any plans to migrate the ProCharger unit over to the Camaro kit, this would require retooling and we are happy with the way the kit is performing. The main reason for the PC on the CTS is due to the fact the C2 is a more compact design that just works better for this application. Will the CTS kit fit the Camaro? There are several differences including the mounting brackets, different inter-cooler, intake tube and inter-cooler plumbing. The two kits actually do not share very many parts.

One other concern with converting to a PC from the Vortech would be price point. The PC is more expensive than the Vortech unit which drives up the production cost, thus the CTS kit is at a higher price point.
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #17
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I think the Vortec has helical gears-

The teeth on helical gears are cut at an angle to the face of the gear. When two teeth on a helical gear system engage, the contact starts at one end of the tooth and gradually spreads as the gears rotate, until the two teeth are in full engagement.
This gradual engagement makes helical gears operate much more smoothly and quietly than spur gears.
That is what it is called, Helical. On procharger units it is an extra $100 to get them, I've been pricing options out for the procharger kit on the Mustang V6.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #18
Ventmaster

The housing behind the Procharger kinda looks like the one on their new variable ratio S/C...

Maybe...?
Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, SS struts/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing sways, Pedders radius arm & rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Old 11-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #19
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPF-Tuning View Post
Hello all, Procharger has the correct packaging for the CTS application, the Vortech V3 has been great for us over the years with virtually zero issues. We do no have any plans to migrate the ProCharger unit over to the Camaro kit, this would require retooling and we are happy with the way the kit is performing. The main reason for the PC on the CTS is due to the fact the C2 is a more compact design that just works better for this application. Will the CTS kit fit the Camaro? There are several differences including the mounting brackets, different inter-cooler, intake tube and inter-cooler plumbing. The two kits actually do not share very many parts.

One other concern with converting to a PC from the Vortech would be price point. The PC is more expensive than the Vortech unit which drives up the production cost, thus the CTS kit is at a higher price point.
Thanks for coming in and clearing things up. True but sad, the CTS crowd is more willing to spend $$. I know a few CTS V6 owners that are big spenders.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #20
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Thanks for coming in and clearing things up. True but sad, the CTS crowd is more willing to spend $$. I know a few CTS V6 owners that are big spenders.

Cheaper on the Camaro side to upgrade to a SS model instead of forking over the money for a supercharger. How much is the price difference between the V6 and V8 on the CTS side?
Old 11-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #21
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
The housing behind the Procharger kinda looks like the one on their new variable ratio S/C...

Maybe...?
That new iprocharger is awesome

Old 11-06-2014, 01:13 PM   #22
Ventmaster

It's good to see KPE and IPF tuning are still in the game and producing high quality products- even if this particular one won't apply to the Camaro.

Keep up the good work guys!
Old 11-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #23
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Cheaper on the Camaro side to upgrade to a SS model instead of forking over the money for a supercharger. How much is the price difference between the V6 and V8 on the CTS side?
2011 CTS went for around $20-$25k with the CTS-V at around $38-$50k

Old 11-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #24
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Its a much larger spread on the vehicle cost for the CTS to jump from an LLT/LFX 3.6L to a LSA 6.2L. The Camaro has the SS which fills that gap before you hit the ZL-1. Not to mention the silver wagon is my car
Old 11-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #25
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
It's good to see KPE and IPF tuning are still in the game and producing high quality products- even if this particular one won't apply to the Camaro.

Keep up the good work guys!
Thanks bud!