Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Middle East The Near East

Old 11-17-2010, 04:28 AM   #1
catalan

Drives: -
Help and Feedback on buying a new Camaro 2011 !

Hello everyone !

I'm new to this forum and this is probably my first post ... i'm also new into buying the 5th Generation Cammy ... I did a lot research here and there, comparison, review etc etc but i need your advice and recommendation specially for people who are living in my same region, i live in Bahrain ... My concerns are below:

1. I'm between V6 and V8. Most of the people i know recommend the V8 for one reason, Power.

2. Now if we take the car purchase budget out and think about future, maintenance and life cycle if properly used and handled what would you personally choose? V6 or V8?

3. I heard that the V8 Brake Pads in Bahrain are around BD400/- how often do you SS owners change them? and do they really cost?

4. Do you SS owners have to accelerate to full power from time to time? Any problems with the engine? Injectors? What happens if you don't accelerate the car for sometime?

5. What are the complaints and issues for the Camaro in general? ( I heard about the paint chipping and i need to hear about other issues to be aware of it )

6. Any hints and tips after buying the car? Things to do? Things i shouldn't do?

Appreciate your feedback and i'd love to hear your recommendations and thoughts !!

catalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:09 AM   #2
suhailrehman

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2010 1LT Imperial Blue
I'm a V6 owner in Qatar, here's my take on the situation:

1) Go for the SS if you can afford it, it's pretty amazing, and the engine has an amazing grunt.
2) If you cant afford it, V6 is still awesome as it spews out 312 HP and to the average Joe looks pretty much the same as the V8.
3) The RS package (on either v6 or v8) looks really cool, but be aware that you wont be able to rotate the tires as the front and back tires are different sizes.
4) The car has dealt with Middle East heat pretty well (no complaints), but you need to take extra extra precautions to keep dark colored paint (like black) free from scratches and dust - this can be said of any car here.
5) I've heard some issues regarding the rear axle esp. for the SS (but im sure its from the first few batches of the camaro)
6) Be aware that the middle eastern owners do got get bluetooth handsfree in the car (it's a service that's tied to onstar - not available in the Middle East)

I'm sure you'll get a few more replies soon : the middle eastern forum on this website was really active a few months ago, but has been dead of late.
suhailrehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:36 AM   #3
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: Black 2SS/RS 2014; JK Wrangler 2011
If you own an oil rig go for the SS, if you are into the look of the Camaro only go for V6.

Stay away from dark colors and go for the RS package. So far no technical problem with the Camaro but you need to cope with it until you get used to it coz it is one big car man.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
suhailrehman

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2010 1LT Imperial Blue
I back Cyber Gray on that, somehow in Qatar RS package for V6 is difficult to come by. But i think the biggest advice I can give any person who wants to buy the car is ALWAYS TAKE A TEST DRIVE so that you can understand the visibility issue - the windows are small so if you are used to driving Land Cruisers and all, be prepared for the reduced visibility from inside the camaro.
suhailrehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:50 AM   #5
Camaro_h
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_h
CGM V6 RS Package ALLLL THE WAY!
Camaro_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
catalan

Drives: -
What about Maintenance guys? how often do you guys change the brake pads? LT and SS owners?

My concern was whether its okay to use the SS for non-day-to-day activity, meaning only after working ours, night outs, hangouts and stuff ..

Some people say that V8 engines needs to be speeded up from time to time to clear the carbons and to maintain good injectors and engine performance .. anybody know or have any more details regarding this subject?

Appreciate your feedback guys .. thanks !
catalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:21 AM   #7
Camaro_h
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_h
The main reason why i bought the v6 is because i want it as a daily driver.. and a ideal for cruisin'..

Now i have done 29,500 km on the ODOmeter and the brakes are fine (il7mdallah).

I had a corvette c6 2007 model b4 and it was a headache during the summer to maintain as it was overheating everytime i used up the huge HP.

V6 is ideal i recon and has alot of power for the V6 Camaro.
Camaro_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:23 AM   #8
~Stacy~

Drives: 10 camaro 13 cruze
CAR

STAY AWAY FROM ALLY BANK
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote