Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #1
blckWS6TA

Drives: 1996 Trans Am WS6
Cancelling tomorrow

Frankly, I am sick of this junk from GM, and I really don't want to wait until fall to get a new car. You would think a company hurting for money would be trying as hard as they can to get a car like this out. I am a TA guy anyways so this was the last straw. Sickens me to think I am going to give GM my money for a vette. About the only way I will get a Camaro now is if the SS has numbers like 12.5 1/4 mile and 4.2ish 0-60.
442 RWTQ
blckWS6TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE/2007 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
You know what?

I give up. I was going to write a post about how GM is doing their best, but nobody's going to pay attention. Whatever.

Thank you for buying a Corvette. I'm sorry you couldn't get your Camaro sooner, but I'm tired of explaining things.

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #3
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You know what?

I give up. I was going to write a post about how GM is doing their best, but nobody's going to pay attention. Whatever.

Thank you for buying a Corvette. I'm sorry you couldn't get your Camaro sooner, but I'm tired of explaining things.
I was thinking of something to say to the OP to try to change his mind, but I come up with nothing that has not been stated already. Just please read TAG's stickied thread entitled "PLEASE READ..." at the top of this board if you haven't already.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
TheCavalry
Here it comes

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS, '02 Lancer OZ
more chance of me getting mine sooner

Ordered IBM 1SS 20" Polished Wheels

You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy? - Jason Kavanagh
TheCavalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #5
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You know what?

Not sure why you're sickened by buying a Corvette but w/e buddy. Hope you have fun with it.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #6
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
good thing you kept it american.... i understand your pain alot of people ditched the challenger after the delays that the 08 guys had...but boy did the guys that waited get a great car and didnt even come back to the forum for at least a week lol. vettes are nice but when you see someone gawking over the new camaro instead of ur 50k vette you might regret it....either way good choice.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #7
blckWS6TA

Nah I read everything before I posted, but there was just too much up in the air to wait around and hope anymore. I hate the fact that GM killed the Camaro/Firebird in the first place. Hate the fact there will never be a Firebird (according to GM), I mean is it really that hard to remake it? There will be just as much of a buzz for that car, if not more. I am pretty pissed that this car is no longer going to be a hatchback, and would miss my ttops to much.

I guarantee you in a year or two, they will bust out with options everyone wants now, will probably bring out the z/28, etc etc. Everyone will be screwed by GM and be pissed about it. With my luck in 2012 they will come out with a 45th anniversary Firebird, after I had already bought a camaro. I'm not taking the risk anymore. I can get a vette for the same price/insurance which will be faster, less weight, and hold its value longer.
442 RWTQ
Old 01-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #8
blckWS6TA

Plus I dont want to have to deal with the first year bugs that all new cars have.
442 RWTQ
Old 01-12-2009, 12:18 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Well, congrads on ur vette purchase...that's for sure.

I just hate to see you cancel and solid info from GM comes out in a couple days and your order goes to someone else. Good luck, though. I can sincerely understand where you are coming from.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #10
camaro5

Drives: Off Into The Sunset
Happy Trails to you. Be happy.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:37 AM   #11
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Yes, GM sucks blah blah blah.
Where's the facepalm smiley when you need it.

This will have to do for now
Old 01-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #12
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
The important part is that you bought a GM vehicle. I have never bought GM before in my life, but my next car for sure is going to be GM, you can believe that .
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #13
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckWS6TA View Post
Frankly, I am sick of this junk from GM, and I really don't want to wait until fall to get a new car. You would think a company hurting for money would be trying as hard as they can to get a car like this out. I am a TA guy anyways so this was the last straw. Sickens me to think I am going to give GM my money for a vette. About the only way I will get a Camaro now is if the SS has numbers like 12.5 1/4 mile and 4.2ish 0-60.
I respect your decision, but "good things come to those that wait."

Have fun with your new purchase.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:08 AM   #14
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
you canceling means one less person inline ahead of the faithful

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11525

Last edited by headpunter; 01-12-2009 at 01:28 AM.
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:52 AM   #15
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Well A loss for you looks like my LT will get here sooner once I order in november.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:57 AM   #16
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Oh no, GM is only releasing more info than on pretty much any other unreleased car ever. Oh no they're stopping their destructive habit of badge engineering.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:04 AM   #17
Xanthos
Almost-Original Postwhore

Drives: Stick
I'm sorry to hear that you've become dissatisfied with the camaro - I wish you the best of luck with your corvette.

While I prefered the 4th gen birds to the camaros, a lot of the things you say against the new camaro are precisely the things that I like most about it. I like that its no longer a hatchback. I definitely WON'T be missing my T-tops. And I'll be waiting till the 2011 model year to order anyway; to get past those first year bugs, like you mention, and because Xanthos was originally a 1986 and a 25 year return seems quite fitting.

Plus, it'll give me more time to get into a more stable position, financially.
- Xanthos
Old 01-12-2009, 02:09 AM   #18
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Frankly, I am sick of this junk from GM, and I really don't want to wait until fall to get a new car.
Where are you in your dealers line? That'll be the difference between May and this fall.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:12 AM   #19
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
I'm really sad to hear this blckWS6TA. It has been tuff and I know I have gone through my share of emotions about this but the information we were privy to from GM about this car has always been a privilege and not a right.

If you want looks with power there's nothing that holds a candle to the Camaro 5. Sorry vette owners but the Camaro beats it in looks hands down.

If it’s sheer power you want, go with the vette, but think about cancelling cos if you change your mind again you’re at the end of the line! Is that what you really want? Is this how you want to end this long awaited dream that you have had? Remember the excitement of ordering?,... its just being delayed by a month or so, that’s all. Check with your dealer if you are within the allotted quota that he has for V8's. If so, you’re just waiting a month longer, that's all!!

Either way I wish you the very best and hope that you will remain here on this forum!
Old 01-12-2009, 03:18 AM   #20
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 72 GTO 07 NBS Silverado
Well in 10 minutes on three threads I have seen that announcement.

Did you order 3 cars?
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:17 AM   #21
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I drove a Vette this weekend, with me having a bad back to low to get in and out off and no back seats. But it made me happy I am getting the power of a Camaro 2SS this year sometime.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:26 AM   #22
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Nah I read everything before I posted, but there was just too much up in the air to wait around and hope anymore. I hate the fact that GM killed the Camaro/Firebird in the first place. Hate the fact there will never be a Firebird (according to GM), I mean is it really that hard to remake it? There will be just as much of a buzz for that car, if not more. I am pretty pissed that this car is no longer going to be a hatchback, and would miss my ttops to much.

I guarantee you in a year or two, they will bust out with options everyone wants now, will probably bring out the z/28, etc etc. Everyone will be screwed by GM and be pissed about it. With my luck in 2012 they will come out with a 45th anniversary Firebird, after I had already bought a camaro. I'm not taking the risk anymore. I can get a vette for the same price/insurance which will be faster, less weight, and hold its value longer.
If GM does come out with a 45th anniversary Firebird in a few years, why would it be such a bad thing if you had already bought and enjoyed your Camaro for two years? You do have the option to sell your Camaro or Corvette at that point in time and pre-order the firebird.. It seems silly to me to cancel your order for just one more month of waiting at this late stage in the game.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:53 AM   #23
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Quote:
If you don't think the Camaro team IS working as hard as possible you are greatly, greatly mistaken. They have been doing so for several years now, I can assure you. But no one can disagree with your disappointment, just don't make stuff up.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:09 AM   #24
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Good for u buddy any one else? The more that cancel the faster we get our cats
jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:34 AM   #25
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
I understand the frustration as well. But, like someone else said 1 month is not going to kill me. I had a 4th gen and I too miss the t-tops (of course they leaked). But I love this car that is coming out. I think the fit and finish are going to be great. Incidentally, I don't recall any company ever offering this much info on a car this early in the process ever! There have been some cars at this point we would not have even seen a picture of. This is what people are frustrated about...they don't want to have to wait.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote