Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 11-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
acuraelin

Drives: 2011 1SS
Long Tube questions

My friend just got the 2011 Subaru Sti, as much as I hate to admit but those things are pretty quick and naturally there's the typical friendly smack talk I need to up my game a little and flex some american muscle. At this time I only have Flowmasters on the car and I'm thinking of longtube because it sounds nice and it really give you more horsepower. Here are some questions:
1. Which brand to go with and what size?
2. How much should i be looking to spend for LT, install and a tune? (it seems tune is a necessity to bring out the HP)
3. I'm in Los Angeles any recommanded shop?
acuraelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
Jason 98 TA

Drives: Camaro
You might checkout the Texas Speed header systems. www.texas-speed.com has pics & data for you to look through. We offer a header & connection pipe option, or a complete header to tip option for guys looking for a full exhaust system.
Jason 98 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #3
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
As far as shops go, check out Haddad Motorsports. I've never gotten any work done there before, but have heard great things about them. Check out this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114103

Old 11-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuraelin View Post
My friend just got the 2011 Subaru Sti, as much as I hate to admit but those things are pretty quick and naturally there's the typical friendly smack talk I need to up my game a little and flex some american muscle. At this time I only have Flowmasters on the car and I'm thinking of longtube because it sounds nice and it really give you more horsepower. Here are some questions:
2. How much should i be looking to spend for LT, install and a tune? (it seems tune is a necessity to bring out the HP)
Give this a read. It should help you with question #1.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:39 PM   #5
A.R. Headers

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Acuraelin, If you never want to settle for second best or Chinese knock offs may I suggest American Racing Headers. We've sold thousands of systems to date, many of those to Camaro5 forum members, we're used by the biggest and best names exclusively and I assure you, ARH will exceed your expectations in quality and performance. PM me a phone number and I'll call with all the details including pricing on our various options. Thanks.

Nick
A.R. Headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
mikeSS

Drives: 2013 E92 M3
kook or ARH... and just to let you know, the sti is a launching monster.. so try a rolling racing.. like 40-100 or something like that .. STIs are great for 0-60 runs but not for high speeds

2010 camaro cammed- sold
2013 E92 V8 M3 DCT ZCP
C7 pending order
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #7
HaddadMotorsports

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuraelin View Post
Feel free to give us a ring or stop by at your convenience and we would be more than happy to go over any/all of your questions. We also happen to have everything you would need in stock.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
HaddadMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #8
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Headers and a tune are certainly going to help the car. Is his STi stock? If you are running him from a dig, AWD is going to be hard to beat no matter what you do, your going to have to run him down after the launch.

Should be able to pick up at least 30 hp from headers and tune if not more, and drop off at least 40 lbs of weight, depending on the system.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:10 AM   #9
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
Hey how is that Front Splitter treating you!???

Let me know when you're ready for some LT's....

We have some awesome deals this week for the Holidays!

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote