|Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.|
|01-12-2009, 06:34 PM||#1|
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Haslett, Mi
Just need some opinions on ordering...
I'm in somewhat of a unique situation, but I could really use some insight to those of you that could put yourselves in my shoes. My father works for GM, and gets a company car from them. He can, if he so chooses, order the car he wants and buy/lease (well, was able to lease) the car after a period of 4 months driving it as a company car. This is how I've gotten most of the past vehicles I have had. The discount is pretty good to get this vehicle, you take approximately 11.5% from the MSRP off of the GMS price. So somewhere in the vicinity of 20% off MSRP. Granted it has been used for 4 months, but when you know who's driving it, its not such a big deal.
Now, this is well and good for all the cars I've had in the past. The Camaro, as is so often the case, is another animal altogether. Company Vehicle Operations (CVO) rarely has their wits about them to begin with, and now that GM is under the microscope from the gov't they are even less useful than usual. On top of that, GM is much more interested in getting cars to customers over employees (larger profit margin). The result of this means I may not be able to order my Camaro till summer or later, and may not get it out of the Drive & Buy program till spring 2010, and even this is merely speculation. They may not offer D&B's on Camaros till the 2011 model year.
Another option I have is to just order a Camaro from a dealer. I have inquired at the dealership I do all of my buying/leasing from, and they have a total of 11 allocated, and have 7 orders in so far: 6SS, 1LT. I could be the 7th SS if I wanted. This means I will not receive the extra 11.5% off the price of my Camaro, but will get it brand new off the lot (something I've never done), as soon as it comes in. This comes out to about a price difference of 30k (Drive & Buy) to 33k (GMS).
My two other options are to buy a CTS 3.6DI basically stripped (no options) for 32kish after Drive & buy prices, or a G8 GXP for 34k. These will also take at least 4 months to get (the G8 probably longer) I'd be happy with all three, though the Camaro is my #1.
So I guess my question is this. Would you A) go to my dealer this friday and put a deposit down, knowing what we know now about allocation B)wait (perhaps indefinitely) until I can put in a Drive & Buy order C) "Tag" a CTS currently in the fleet, or D) order a G8 GXP through drive & buy, get it in 6-8 months. As you can see, I could go many directions. Hopefully some of you will have some insight. Thanks for all the comments and opinions.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Concern over ordering a 2010 Camaro||Zatari||Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions||7||01-12-2009 03:17 PM|
|Questions about ordering||1967rsss||Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions||12||01-01-2009 09:52 PM|
|New Owner, Opinions needed!||mowbr4||5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions||2||10-16-2008 09:32 PM|
|Ordering, Allocation, and Pricing News....Your one stop thread.||CamaroScotty||Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions||101||09-29-2008 04:26 PM|
|Factory Direct Ordering||The_Stache||Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions||55||03-16-2008 11:23 AM|