Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
TROndrey

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT/RS
My scary visit to Boston!

I can't say I enjoyed my entire visit to Boston this weekend. But lets start with the fun parts(maybe not for everyone).

I decided to take 84 to 90 instead of the Taconic. I made excellent time(2hrs 40min) and saw 4 Camaros on my way. First one was an IBM White Rally Stripes that was pulled over on 84, sorry buddy. I tooted my horn as I drove by lol. Next was a Black SS that drove along with me until he got off at the Marion exit. In the other direction I saw a Victory Red then Synergy Green on I-90.

Dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in the Prudential Center followed by an awesome time at the Lansdowne Pub!!!

Now the I'm pissed and still feel a bit queasy(not from the drinking) part. My friend who I was staying with lives over by Fenway on Park Drive. I've parked in the visitor spots overnight without any problems before. I go to my car yesterday morning and its GONE!!! I stayed calm and figured it was towed.

I called the Boston Police Tow Line but they said they didnt have it. Now im freaked out that it was stolen. I call OnStar(THEY ARE SO FREAKING NICE) and they got the Boston Police on the line. The BP said I had to go to a station to fill out a report, the OnStar person was like "since when? I'm sorry for the confusion sir that's not how we normally do it".

So I go to the nearest station and tell them my story. The officer at the front desk doubts that it was stolen because 1. That's a seriously safe area and 2. No way is that car getting stolen, its just not a car people are stealing.

They were super nice at the station and started searching for it, turns out the State Police towed it. WHY THE HELL IS THE STATE POLICE TOWING CARS WITHIN THE CITY OF BOSTON?!?!?

One cab ride and $130 towing fee later and I had my baby. No damage was done and I spent 5 minutes in her apologizing and telling her I would never leave her alone again.

Needless to say I'll be appealing this fine! While all of those spots are resident parking with special section for 2 hr visitor parking M-F, its common sense that visitors should be able to park overnight on weekends just as its common sense that you don't pay a meter on the weekends(at least in NY).
MRT v2.0 Axle-Back
RX Performance Catch Can
TROndrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
2011 5.0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 "Kona Blue"
Stupid State Police!
2011 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Hmmmm....I'm not sure if the winter parking ban is in effect yet. You may have run into that. Boston is really tough for parking on the street. Without an snow predicted, it makes me wonder, but....

Sorry this happened, dude. And the fact that a statey towed it makes me wonder...they have jurisdiction on highways, and it depends on what road you were parked on...things get kind of tricky around here.

EDIT - did you have a good time otherwise?

An IBM with white stripes...could be wmora4...where they hood spears, or wide stripes?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
TROndrey

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by molloni View Post

EDIT - did you have a good time otherwise?

An IBM with white stripes...could be wmora4...where they hood spears, or wide stripes?
I did have a GREAT time on Saturday, it was my friends birthday. I don't get to see her a lot so I'm always happy to visit Boston.

They were the wide rally stripes...
MRT v2.0 Axle-Back
RX Performance Catch Can
TROndrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
Johnnyma45
Former Camaro Owner

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger R/T
When I saw your thread title I thought for sure some Masshole t-boned your Camaro. I lived in Boston for years as a kid, and it wasn't till I went back to visit as an adult in subsequent years that I realized, good god, the drivers are TERRIBLE there. Great city though.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Welcome to Taxachusetts please pay you fee to get out now. lol Massholes. I hope you can get the money back but knowing Mass good luck.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #7
Big Brunsy

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
When I saw your thread title I thought for sure some Masshole t-boned your Camaro. I lived in Boston for years as a kid, and it wasn't till I went back to visit as an adult in subsequent years that I realized, good god, the drivers are TERRIBLE there. Great city though.
This was specificly pointed out several times on the Duck tour I took when I was there last year. I noticed that no one stops for a red light until the other direction of traffic starts making their way into the intersection.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #8
molloni
Capt. Organization!

Drives: Black 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brunsy View Post
This was specificly pointed out several times on the Duck tour I took when I was there last year. I noticed that no one stops for a red light until the other direction of traffic starts making their way into the intersection.
Quack quack!

So the parking bans, I have found out, are only if they are calling for snow...and I still can't figure out why the State Police towed the car. Did they give you any reason?

I also can't believe that BPD wouldn't work with the OnStar folks. What did she tell you? That the car wasn't moving? Where it was located? And what did the BPD officer say when she tried to explain the situation? And the nerve to say "Oh, it wasn't stolen..." but they can't tell you why it would have been towed? Very strange.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #9
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Mass. Fail!!!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:24 AM   #10
Z28 Autobot

Drives: 94 Camaro
wow. I know some places "winter" parking starts Nov 1st.

And parking in Boston depends on who is "hired" I guess to patrol the lot??? Who know.
If its state. best to just let it go. You will get nowhere with them especially since you have an out of state tag.

I would find out though I mean there is a 1% chance that you could get it back. good luck! Another thing is find out from your friend what the parking rules are when you were parked.
Z28 Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote