Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:59 PM   #351
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
Go ahead Scott and have your way with Shunt. I recently had him change me to his life insurance beneficiary so it's all good.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:00 AM   #352
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
^^ are you just whoring so much you forgot which thread you're in??
It has been along day. I think I need a break.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #353
Lumina SS
Corvette Z51

Drives: Corvette Z51 476rwhp & camaro
I just like the camaro so much with the orange color and the strips it's look like a monster with it.
you should see it with the white and yellow also

Last edited by Lumina SS; 01-22-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Lumina SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:52 AM   #354
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
^^ yeah... too bad that orange, that yellow, & those stripes will not see production
Old 01-22-2009, 06:46 AM   #355
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: 2009 Dodge Challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Truthfuly it doesn't matter to me anyway. I don't drive with my trunk open. Just Responding to others.
But you put stuff in the trunk, and subsequently have to take it out no? I see that wire loom having problems unless they shore it up somehow...mark my words as an engineer.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:06 AM   #356
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Drives: 2010 Camaro
How difficult/expensive would it have been to drill a small hole by the trunk hinge, install a rubber grommet, and route the wire harness through there instead of just hanging loosely? It could even be engineered with the stamping of the body and when it comes down the line for trunk installation someone just pops the grommet in and routes the harness through.

Clean, neat, and tidy.

Details Scott, details
Old 01-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #357
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
How difficult/expensive would it have been to drill a small hole by the trunk hinge, install a rubber grommet, and route the wire harness through there instead of just hanging loosely? It could even be engineered with the stamping of the body and when it comes down the line for trunk installation someone just pops the grommet in and routes the harness through.

Clean, neat, and tidy.

Details Scott, details
Slightly more than you think. But yes, neat and tidy. Look across the GM vehicle line and you will see multiple solutions. Can't tell you why this one was picked, but can assure you the other solutions were more than likely considered.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #358
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Slightly more than you think. But yes, neat and tidy. Look across the GM vehicle line and you will see multiple solutions. Can't tell you why this one was picked, but can assure you the other solutions were more than likely considered.
I'm sure it was cost related. Customer snags this loom throwing a suit case in the trunk. Loom rips out of hood liner. That's not a warrantable item. That's "abuse". This puts the owness on the customer for a bad implementation.

I'll be looking at some type of gaurd for mine. I'm sure I can fabricate up something to look factory.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #359
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

I don't disagree with the concern on this. It is certainly valid, but I can say on the trip west and back with full luggage packing, golf clubs in and out of the trunk, it never was an issue for me.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #360
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Quote:
I don't disagree with the concern on this. It is certainly valid, but I can say on the trip west and back with full luggage packing, golf clubs in and out of the trunk, it never was an issue for me.
Good to know, but I'm just one of those paranoid folks. Have I mentioned that I'm anal? I've started brainstorming on a fix...possibly a channel that covers it made of carbon fiber and hinges with the trunk.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #361
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Good to know, but I'm just one of those paranoid folks. Have I mentioned that I'm anal? I've started brainstorming on a fix...possibly a channel that covers it made of carbon fiber and hinges with the trunk.

Look at an old Chrysler LH car (Intrepid etc.). They had the loom under the rear package shelf like the Camaro, but there was a retractor buried under the trunk trim that pulled the harness tight so it never dangled down. A clever man or woman may be able to incorporate that.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #362
fastball
White 'n Nerdy

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:

I hate to say this, but things like this are part of the reasons why Honda and Toyota and Nissan continue to have the reputation they do with the masses, and GM continues to have the reputation it does with the masses.

I'm not saying it's fair, I'm not agreeing with it, but simple, little, details in engineering and fit, finish, and simple appearance can mean all the difference in perception to anyone looking at a Camaro along with an Accord V6 coupe or Altima 3.5 SE coupe.

GM just said today that they need the next installment of the bridge loan immediately or they will run out of money....... meanwhile, back at R&D, Cheryl Pilcher and the engineers are putting in motion what are the plans for the final production version of the Camaro. Inside the trunk the harness lays loose, ugly when the trunk is opened and able to catch on to items in the trunk and cause a problem. But hey, the car is production ready.

And while I'm sure it is and everything to make it an absolute top notch product has been done, that harness screms lazy, cheap, and corner cutting.

You could say it's no big deal, and hey, maybe I'm overeggagerating a simple assembly procedure. Maybe it won't affect us enthusiasts who are buying the car anyway, and most of you probably would still buy the car no matter how it was put together.

I'm just sayin...... doesn't it make sense with the way things are today at GM that the trunk harness be routed clean?
Old 01-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #363
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: Blown beast.
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
But you put stuff in the trunk, and subsequently have to take it out no? I see that wire loom having problems unless they shore it up somehow...mark my words as an engineer.
Understood but I would bet that it will be put away somewhere. I have never seen a car with a wiring harness out in the open like that.

I will find a way if it's like that.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #364
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
It's a wire!!!

Geeze. You'd think they put whitewalls on the thing. This does not reflect how bad or good a company is...and don't think for a minute the team did that and figured. "meh, whatever, just put it through". NOTHING was done on this car that way -- I'll stake my life on that. Calm down just a bit.

Here's some food for thought. Not to be taken to the bank - but STILL, a good point for consideration...instead of freaking out....

They just delayed the Camaro for 4 weeks, to give themselves time to improve what they can in that time based on feedback from the Capture Test Fleet cars, right? Maybe this was one of those things they want to fix.................
Old 01-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #365
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It's a wire!!!

Geeze. You'd think they put whitewalls on the thing. This does not reflect how bad or good a company is...and don't think for a minute the team did that and figured. "meh, whatever, just put it through". NOTHING was done on this car that way -- I'll stake my life on that. Calm down just a bit.

Here's some food for thought. Not to be taken to the bank - but STILL, a good point for consideration...instead of freaking out....

They just delayed the Camaro for 4 weeks, to give themselves time to improve what they can in that time based on feedback from the Capture Test Fleet cars, right? Maybe this was one of those things they want to fix.................
quoted for accuracy...
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #366
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It's a wire!!!

Geeze. You'd think they put whitewalls on the thing...
Every so often there is a line written here that makes me laugh so hard my head hurts...
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:59 PM   #367
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: Blown beast.
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Truthfuly it doesn't matter to me anyway. I don't drive with my trunk open. Just Responding to others.
Quoting myself.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:38 AM   #368
bobby35ny

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
I hate to say this, but things like this are part of the reasons why Honda and Toyota and Nissan continue to have the reputation they do with the masses, and GM continues to have the reputation it does with the masses.

I'm not saying it's fair, I'm not agreeing with it, but simple, little, details in engineering and fit, finish, and simple appearance can mean all the difference in perception to anyone looking at a Camaro along with an Accord V6 coupe or Altima 3.5 SE coupe.

GM just said today that they need the next installment of the bridge loan immediately or they will run out of money....... meanwhile, back at R&D, Cheryl Pilcher and the engineers are putting in motion what are the plans for the final production version of the Camaro. Inside the trunk the harness lays loose, ugly when the trunk is opened and able to catch on to items in the trunk and cause a problem. But hey, the car is production ready.

And while I'm sure it is and everything to make it an absolute top notch product has been done, that harness screms lazy, cheap, and corner cutting.

You could say it's no big deal, and hey, maybe I'm overeggagerating a simple assembly procedure. Maybe it won't affect us enthusiasts who are buying the car anyway, and most of you probably would still buy the car no matter how it was put together.

I'm just sayin...... doesn't it make sense with the way things are today at GM that the trunk harness be routed clean?
Fastball hit the nail right on the head. a hanging wire loom that sticks out like a sore thumb. it's NOT an end all but it tells a prospective car shopper, yup, we overlooked that wire there, LOL

=Bobby
Old 01-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #369
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Another thing to keep in mind is that spending time and money on all the little things eventually adds up. And performance doesn't come cheap either. So, with a set price point you can only have so many details done 'right' and so much performance. In other words: of inexpensive, effective, and detailed: pick two.

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #370
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Fastball hit the nail right on the head. a hanging wire loom that sticks out like a sore thumb. it's NOT an end all but it tells a prospective car shopper, yup, we overlooked that wire there, LOL

=Bobby
Are you guys sure that wasn't a temporary rig to make the tail lights glow for the show or something like that? I seem to remember seeing other pics of other camaros with the trunk open that did not have that wiring. I'll do some searching and see if I can find some examples but I, for one, am not convinced that wiring harness you guys are talking about is the production/finished product. Just doesn't make sense. I'll see what I can find...
Edrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #371
leatherneck

Drives: yellow/bl. hood stripes-ss/rs
Quote:

obviously you pick n choose what you like to read--japan???????? toyota etc??? appealing to the masses??????? bwhashahahaha toyota salrs down 37% here in the us---in japan down 48%---aajapan shuts down 2/3rds of it auto industry

now it would seem to me if japan is appealing to the masses as you say--that even thru this recession (which i might remind you millions of cars are still being bought around the world) that toyota would be leading the way--BUT NOOOOOOOO THEY ARE SAGGING BEHIND MOST AUTO INDUSTRIES

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW OF A JAPANESEE CONCEPT CARE THAT HAS OVER 11--12,000 PREORDERS
leatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #372
Edrock

Name:  trunk.jpg
Views: 4395
Size:  84.4 KB

As you can see in this photo indicated by the red arrow, the wiring harness is enclosed in a flexible plastic tube and is neatly positioned in the appropriate place. Nothing at all like the pic you guys are talking about.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #373
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
facts for reference. I would never buy a foreign car

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
Old 01-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #374
Edrock

Name:  trunk2.jpg
Views: 4510
Size:  59.7 KB

Here's another example of the better looking harness. The only thing is, for every pic I find like this, I find another with that Godawful taped up rig that goes from the trunk space to the lid like you all were talking about so I just don't know. We'll have to wait and see. I'm sure GM would not release the car like that. I'm going to put a little faith in them to do better than that but only time will tell, right?
Old 01-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #375
Speedy1975
FASTER!

^^ Interesting on the wire loom. If it's like shown in the two posts above, my concerns evaporate.