Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Transmission / Driveline

Transmission / Driveline Shifters, differentials, gears, rearends, clutch

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #51
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by firengnred View Post
The link you posted says you've closed your account?
Sorry about that. didn't realize it was under the wrong account. I will post the new link within the next hour.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #52
CFD

Hi all, here is the updated link for viewing the new shifter.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #53
Entaille

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
very cool.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #54
firengnred

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 2500 Silverado
Looks like my Barton shifter is going back in the box

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
firengnred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #55
CFD

Hi everyone. Production of the shifters is moving along to the point where I am ready to post details. The list price of the shifters will be $279.00. I will be offering an introductory price to forum members of $249.00 with free shipping to the lower 48. I am confident the first units will be completed next weekend and shipping will follow immediately after. The finish will be as previously pictured, wrinkle black with polished base and frame. If other finish options are desireable let me know what you want and if I can do it I will quote prices. I am a little behind schedule for good reason, while machining the first run an idea hit me like a ton of bricks. I will be making a few internal design changes, these changes will be to your bennefit.They will make the frame and release mechanism universal in design. As mentioned previously I have a few ideas on switches and shifting options, these changes will allow, if and when I complete them, to upgrade your shifter if you wish, for a reasonable price. I do not anticipate any set backs with these changes but if I fall behind by a few days please be patient as the changes will be to your benefit. I will not tie up your money by taking deposits but do ask that if you commit to buying you follow through in a timely manner as putting items like this into production is time consuming and costly. I will now start a list and as units are complete I will start at the top of the list and invoice and ship in the order of the list. For those of you who already stated you want one please verify here and you will be placed at the top of the list. Feel free to ask any questions if more info is needed, thanks, George

Last edited by CFD; 12-08-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #56
AC
***GO HOGS GO***

Drives: 68/327 & 10 2SS SIM w/ CGM Stripes
Video was great.....i want one but may have to wait until after the holidays. i will let you know. Thanks for your hard work, it is appreciated.

Halltech CAI, VMax TB, BBK Headers, Solo H/F Cats, Full Custom Exhaust, BMR Suspension & 4 Point Strut Tower Brace, 1LE 3.91 Gears, Drilled & Slotted Rotors
Heritage Grille, CCW SP16a Wheels 10"/11.5" Nitto 275/40 315/35, Painted Calipers, Blackout: Bowtie, Rear Panel, Markers & Side Vents,
SS Fender Badges, 6.2L Cowl Lettering, Pistol Grip Shifter, RPI SS Door Kick Plates, Billet Cup Holder, Fesler Shift Boot, Lloyd Floor Mats..(1/4: 12.917 @ 109.63)
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #57
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Video was great.....i want one but may have to wait until after the holidays. i will let you know. Thanks for your hard work, it is appreciated.
It's my pleasure, I will keep this price for forum members as long as possible. If for some reason the offer ends before you are ready to purchase just remind me and I will be sure you get one at this price.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #58
Entaille

I will commit to buying one at that price. money is ready whenever you are : )

Old 12-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #59
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
I will commit to buying one at that price. money is ready whenever you are : )
Thanks for your order, yours will be one of the first run, should be next weekend. I will keep you posted, George
Old 12-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #60
firengnred

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 2500 Silverado
Put me down too

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
firengnred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #61
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Have c/c or check ready if you have others available, please pm
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #62
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by firengnred View Post
Put me down too
Done. I will keep you posted, thanks, George.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #63
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Have c/c or check ready if you have others available, please pm

No problem. PM sent
Old 12-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #64
Jshadow
31B MP

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Jshadow Send a message via Yahoo to Jshadow
Man i want one but quick question. Earlier in this thread you mentioned that you may be able to get a shifter working where you don't need to press the buttons, you just tap the shifter up or down. Any idea how far off that one is? and when you talk about upgrading/ customizing the shifter is that idea one of the ones you had in mind?
Eibach Springs and Sways
Borla S-type Catback Exhaust
Stainless Power Long Tube Headers
Phantom Grille
Vmax Throttle Body
Jshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #65
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
Man i want one but quick question. Earlier in this thread you mentioned that you may be able to get a shifter working where you don't need to press the buttons, you just tap the shifter up or down. Any idea how far off that one is? and when you talk about upgrading/ customizing the shifter is that idea one of the ones you had in mind?
The shifter I have been working on is one that you would tap side to side and is one of the options I had in mind. The problem is it is so much work to design and build these shifters and fixtures for only a few is cost prohibitive. I have already figured out switch activation the problem WAS combining it with the release mechanism and mechanical function of the shifter. While machining some of the components is when the idea came to me. This idea will allow the use of the same basic components and more importantly the same tooling and fixtures. If it does work as I think it will I will offer them already set up or if someone has purchased a shifter and then decided to try this it could be done at a reasonable cost without purchasing a new shifter. Keep in mind if it does not work I probablly will not design a new one from scratch.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #66
Entaille

is there a chance / cheap way for you to craft one of these with a black finish instead of polished, on the center and the base? I can deal with it and change it later if needed, but would prefer all black. nothing in my interior really goes with the polished look.

I really like the way you listen and respond to each customer and build your products specifically to suit what the market is asking for btw!

Old 12-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #67
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
is there a chance / cheap way for you to craft one of these with a black finish instead of polished, on the center and the base? I can deal with it and change it later if needed, but would prefer all black. nothing in my interior really goes with the polished look.

I really like the way you listen and respond to each customer and build your products specifically to suit what the market is asking for btw!
It would not be a problem. I could do wrinkle black, satin black or gloss black at no extra cost. One thing to keep in mind, although it is not that noticeable on the factory shifter or a polished base, when you move the shifter the guard on the consol rubs the base and will eventually wear out the finish. These wear marks are not outrageous but I think if the base was black it would be noticeable.

Where as I build custom bikes and one of components for both the auto and motorcycle industry giving customers what they want is how I make my living, as long as they're paying. Producing production parts makes it more difficult but I do what I can. Much thanks.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:52 AM   #68
ldkent
Cool SS

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro SS/RS
Will call later today with cc info, save one for me!
ldkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:58 AM   #69
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldkent View Post
Will call later today with cc info, save one for me!
I will have one for you, no problem. Deposits are not necessary and payments can be made when your unit is ready to ship. thanks, George
Old 12-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #70
D666MAN
D666MAN

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
The shifter I have been working on is one that you would tap side to side and is one of the options I had in mind. The problem is it is so much work to design and build these shifters and fixtures for only a few is cost prohibitive. I have already figured out switch activation the problem WAS combining it with the release mechanism and mechanical function of the shifter. While machining some of the components is when the idea came to me. This idea will allow the use of the same basic components and more importantly the same tooling and fixtures. If it does work as I think it will I will offer them already set up or if someone has purchased a shifter and then decided to try this it could be done at a reasonable cost without purchasing a new shifter. Keep in mind if it does not work I probablly will not design a new one from scratch.
This is the one I want in my SS. When you get a working model, I'll be #1 on that list.
D666MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:35 AM   #71
EDGE_

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS SIM L99
Can you please put me down for one as well.
EDGE_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #72
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by D666MAN View Post
This is the one I want in my SS. When you get a working model, I'll be #1 on that list.
i will keep you posted on progress.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #73
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE_ View Post
Can you please put me down for one as well.
you have been included. looks like i better order more switches.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #74
wangtangjf7

Drives: CGM LT/RS
put me down for one as well! looks awesome.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #75
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangjf7 View Post
put me down for one as well! looks awesome.
I will gladly add you to the list, perhaps one of these will be yours, I'm machining them right now.
Attached Images