Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Design Concepts Sportbar
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Transmission / Driveline

Transmission / Driveline Shifters, differentials, gears, rearends, clutch

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #751
nyss1234

Drives: 20101ss
what models are available and how do i order one Thanks
nyss1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #752
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyss1234 View Post
Just take a look at the photos in the very first post, then PM George when you're ready to order

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #753
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyss1234 View Post

As E.T. mentioned, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I can send an invoice via Paypal.

In stock are the wrinkle black and textured black shifters. If you would like one with color matching grips or center frame it will be about 2-days to complete.

I also do have a couple of my original version tapshifters in stock, these can be equipped with switches for line lock or nitrous, here is a link to them http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100021
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #754
CFD

Hi all. I only have two shifters left, once they are gone it will be about a week for more. For some reason one of the switches had a part number change, my dealer always keeps 12 switches in stock for me but when the orders went in they didn't pick up on the number change and only have the up-shift buttons so I had them special order the downshift buttons but there is nothing I can do untill they come in. I will update the status as it changes.

All orders that have been placed can be filled, the two shifters left are not accounted for at this time.

George
Old 07-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #755
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: I drive the green one
could this fit with the shift boot they are making for the autos ?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #756
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Got my shifter today and installed this evening. It was a pretty easy job, except it's hot as hell here right now. One tricky part was connecting the ground wire. There's a very thin washer that I could not get off the threaded bolt. It's one of those where it's designed to slide on one way really easily, but it won't come back off. So I just put the ground wire over that bolt, and tightened it back up.

The only other hard part was routing the purple wire down along the steering column. It doesn't drop straight down, so I just used a clothes hangar to guide it. Those were the only two "speedbumps" I hit.

The shifter is really a solid piece, and seems very well made. It's functional, and it looks cool! What else can I ask for? I went for a quick drive, and it adds a whole new dimension to the experience. Shifting during a turn is a piece of cake. I'm still getting a feel for when to shift and what gear to be in when, but I'm sure it'll come naturally after a while. This is definitely a very cool mod

Thanks George, for designing this, and for the top-notch workmanship and fast delivery Here's a couple of pics....

I was amazed at how solid it was. Espec coming from a shifter that shook a lot and felt flimsy kinda.

And I NEVER used tap shift. But now I rarely don't.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #757
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
could this fit with the shift boot they are making for the autos ?
The base of the shifter is the same size and shape as the oem shifter so the boot should fit. I believe someone posted a picture of it installed with a boot.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #758
PQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
The base of the shifter is the same size and shape as the oem shifter so the boot should fit. I believe someone posted a picture of it installed with a boot.
I didn't want to say anything not being possitive but I can't see anything that would be different. tHe base slides along the exact same track.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #759
CFD

Sorry for the delay on posting here. I've been going crazy with big changes in my shop. My switches are in, I will hopefully pick them up today and start putting together a few shifters.

I will be stopping production on my shifters as well as all of my other products in about 1 month and will restart about 2 months after that, meanwhile I will try to build some inventory to keep things rolling untill then. I will post more details as more info on my changes develope.

Thanks, George
Old 07-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #760
E.T.

Just out of curiosity, anyone use this boot with the CFD shifter? It sort of looks like it'll cover up the downshift button.

http://www.shopfesler.com/5th-gen-camaro-shift-boots/

Old 07-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #761
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Just out of curiosity, anyone use this boot with the CFD shifter? It sort of looks like it'll cover up the downshift button.

http://www.shopfesler.com/5th-gen-camaro-shift-boots/

The boot pictured in the link looks like the boot for a manual trans. I do have one at my other shop and will look into it tonight. I do believe it will work but where as there has been a lot of interest in this I have given it some thought and am thinking I can make a slight modification to the shifter base to ensure a great fit. I will update my findings sometime later today or this evenning.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #762
E.T.

Quote:
The boot pictured in the link looks like the boot for a manual trans. I do have one at my other shop and will look into it tonight. I do believe it will work but where as there has been a lot of interest in this I have given it some thought and am thinking I can make a slight modification to the shifter base to ensure a great fit. I will update my findings sometime later today or this evenning.

Good deal, thanks. If you end up doing your own version, let me know. I'd much rather buy it from you

Old 07-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #763
CFD

Ok, here is what I have come up with. The shifter boots for automatics that I have seen pictured are manual boots, there is no difference and can be swapped in a matter of minutes. When installed there are slight gaps around the perimiter that can be seen from certain angles. My shifters will fit with the boot. I took a few pictures with the boot and shifter in various positions so that you will get an idea of it installed.

Now because of you guys my car will be in pieces for months, while I was playing with the boot I came up with a new idea for a mod that I think will be cool but you will all have to wait to see .
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #764
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

damn is that the GM manual boot ? that looks good but the gaps would drive me insane. maybe some velcro can keep it in place ?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #765
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
damn is that the GM manual boot ? that looks good but the gaps would drive me insane. maybe some velcro can keep it in place ?
It is the GM manual boot, the ones that everyone seems to offer for the auto is this boot, some have trimmed the tabs a bit although I'm not sure why. The gaps may not be as bad as in the picture when fully assembled, I did not clip everything back in place because I want to play with it a bit more tomorrow, I will snap the gauge cluster fully in place and see how it looks then.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #766
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

oh okay. in that case clip them in haha cant wait to see the finished pic
Old 07-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #767
E.T.

I like it, too, but the gaps would bug me.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #768
PQ

Quote:
Now because of you guys my car will be in pieces for months, while I was playing with the boot I came up with a new idea for a mod that I think will be cool but you will all have to wait to see .
Old 07-20-2012, 05:02 AM   #769
denny2188

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2LT
Darn you George......always thinking of ways to spend my money!!!! I got your tap Shifter & your strut covers....can't wait to see what you got now!!!!
Denny
denny2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #770
CFD

Had a chance to play with the boot some more. When everything is buttoned up the gaps still remain. There are things you could do to minimize this. You could trim the mounting tabs to allow the boot to move forward a small amount which would help a little or you could add a "filler" to the underside of the trim by replacing the thin foam gasket with a wider piece of foam weatherstripping. Regardless, the fitment issues are with the boot to consol not the boot to shifter.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #771
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Quote:

I also do have a couple of my original version tapshifters in stock, these can be equipped with switches for line lock or nitrous, here is a link to them http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100021
do you have any picks of how these look???? i didnt see any in the link thread
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:50 AM   #772
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
On pg two in the link there are some pictures of a shifter with dual switches, the one operated by the index finger is a momentary and the one at the base is an on/off switch, it can be used to activate the momentary or for any other purpose. The pictured shifter has a mismatched switch plate, it usually is the same color as the shifter although it can be done in any color of choice.

I do have this shifter in my car and can take better pictures of it later today.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 PM   #773
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post

Here are a few pictures of my shifter, it is equipped with both switches.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #774
CFD

Hi all. I'm just about out of shifters and components so I am going to try to sneak in one more run before my machines are down for a month or two, hopefully I will have time to do enough to hold things over but my time is running out fast.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #775
denny2188

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2LT
Hurry back George.....we will miss you & your fine products
denny2188 is offline   Reply With Quote