Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Kraft Werks
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Transmission / Driveline

Transmission / Driveline Shifters, differentials, gears, rearends, clutch

View our official forum sponsors list.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #951
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,902
Hi all.

I'm a little ahead of schedule and have started prepping shifters for powdercoating.
I added the color choice next to the names of those who have made their choices, for those who haven't made up their mind let me know as soon as possible as I am hoping to start powdercoating on Monday.



(1) 2010camarolt vr/blck

(2) Novak

(3) Tcalh1

(4) Mr pogo

(5) Liam text/blck/brushed

(6) Brilac text/blck/polished

(7) almarlowe text/blck/satin
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #952
Mr pogo
 
Drives: 96 Imp SS, 13 Camaro 2SS AGM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 325
thanks for the info, I am going to go thru all the pages tonite and let you know then.
leaning toward textured black/polished but want to see what other pics there are.
and a question, is the aluminum clear coated? wondering how the finish holds up after repeated use.
Mr pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #953
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
thanks for the info, I am going to go thru all the pages tonite and let you know then.
leaning toward textured black/polished but want to see what other pics there are.
and a question, is the aluminum clear coated? wondering how the finish holds up after repeated use.

Hi.

The aluminum is not clearcoated, I never clear coat good aluminum. They hold up excellent. They are also made of 6061 billet aluminum which polishes up very nicely and will retain the polished finish. In the event it looses the high polish a quick wipe with any aluminum polish will bring back the luster with no effort.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:31 AM   #954
Liam
Tampa Bay Camaros
 
Liam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 - Black
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Palm Harbor, Florida
Posts: 251
I am very much looking forward to getting this! Thanks again for an awesome group buy too!
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #955
Mr pogo
 
Drives: 96 Imp SS, 13 Camaro 2SS AGM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Hi.

The aluminum is not clearcoated, I never clear coat good aluminum. They hold up excellent. They are also made of 6061 billet aluminum which polishes up very nicely and will retain the polished finish. In the event it looses the high polish a quick wipe with any aluminum polish will bring back the luster with no effort.
cool, I will go with the textured black grips and polished center
Mr pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #956
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,902
Hi everyone. here is the updated list. I'm working on them and am a bit ahead of schedule.


(1) 2010camarolt vr/blck

(2) Novak textured black

(3) Tcalh1 carbon fiber/brushed

(4) Mr pogo text black/polished

(5) Liam text/blck/brushed

(6) Brilac text/blck/polished

(7) almarlowe text black/satin

Last edited by CFD; 02-24-2013 at 08:11 PM.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #957
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,902
Moving right along. Powdercoating is done and I will be doing wiring and final assembly tomorrow, It looks like I will be ready to ship on Wed.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #958
2010camarolt

 
2010camarolt's Avatar
 
Drives: Victory Red 1LT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 2,124
wahoo more goodies to install during spring break
__________________
2010camarolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #959
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,902
Hi All.

I have some of the shifters ready to go and the rest will be ready tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. You will get a PM when yours is ready to go.

Just a reminder, the link to the installation instructions is in the first post of this thread, any questions feel free to ask.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #960
Mr pogo
 
Drives: 96 Imp SS, 13 Camaro 2SS AGM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 325
paypal sent, thanks again!!
Mr pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #961
Brilac
 
Brilac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS GFX Red Jewel Tintcoat
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 69
I received my shifter and it looks and feels solid. Definetly quality workmanship. I hope to install it this weekend, but the wait for the snow to melt so I can drive with it will be brutal. Probably another month.......
Thanks again.
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=60812&dateline=1336178863 border=0 alt= />
Brilac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #962
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilac View Post
I received my shifter and it looks and feels solid. Definetly quality workmanship. I hope to install it this weekend, but the wait for the snow to melt so I can drive with it will be brutal. Probably another month.......
Thanks again.

Thanks Brian. I don't think you will have any problems with the install but if you run into any problems PM me, I'll be around.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #963
Liam
Tampa Bay Camaros
 
Liam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 - Black
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Palm Harbor, Florida
Posts: 251
I received mine yesterday as well (posting late) and I have to say that this is seriously top notch craftsmanship! Feels very solid and well built. Even the buttons feel much more solid than the stock wheel buttons. In addition, there's just something about being custom built to order that makes it even better to me. Probably won't install until Monday...can't wait to get it in!
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #964
2010camarolt

 
2010camarolt's Avatar
 
Drives: Victory Red 1LT
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 2,124
got my shifter in today! Looks very solid and well built! Ill post a pic and let you know how it like it when i get it installed in a few weeks! Thanks again George
__________________
2010camarolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #965
tcalh1
 
tcalh1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 351
Look what I received today! Thanks, George.
Attached Images
 
tcalh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #966
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
I received mine yesterday as well (posting late) and I have to say that this is seriously top notch craftsmanship! Feels very solid and well built. Even the buttons feel much more solid than the stock wheel buttons. In addition, there's just something about being custom built to order that makes it even better to me. Probably won't install until Monday...can't wait to get it in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010camarolt View Post
got my shifter in today! Looks very solid and well built! Ill post a pic and let you know how it like it when i get it installed in a few weeks! Thanks again George
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcalh1 View Post
Look what I received today! Thanks, George.

Hi everyone.

Good to hear you like them, the real test will be when you get them in and see how they work.

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks, George
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:51 AM   #967
Mr pogo
 
Drives: 96 Imp SS, 13 Camaro 2SS AGM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 325
put mine in today, works great!
I added a mini rocker switch under the dash to switch between shifter and paddles and fabbed a harness between the connection points.





Mr pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #968
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
put mine in today, works great!
I added a mini rocker switch under the dash to switch between shifter and paddles and fabbed a harness between the connection points.






Good to see you got it in. Adding the toggle switch has been popular, I've thought about including it as an optin but with so many defferent choices for switch location I decided not to, looks like you've got it taken care of nicely.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #969
tcalh1
 
tcalh1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 351
Thanks, George.
I installed it this morning. Love it!
Attached Images
 
tcalh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #970
tcalh1
 
tcalh1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 351
I'm very interested in how to add the toggle switch.
tcalh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #971
Liam
Tampa Bay Camaros
 
Liam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 - Black
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Palm Harbor, Florida
Posts: 251
Installed today! Everything went easily and is operational, even the purple wire popped out of the harness with no problems. The one and only thing is I just can't seem to get the allen screw started into the shifter base.
Attached Images
  
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #972
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
Installed today! Everything went easily and is operational, even the purple wire popped out of the harness with no problems. The one and only thing is I just can't seem to get the allen screw started into the shifter base.
Hi. You may have to slightly push down on the shifter or very slightly twist it left or right to make sure the hole is lined up. Do be careful as there are only a few threads in the shifter shaft. If you still can't get it let me know and we will figure it out.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #973
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcalh1 View Post
I'm very interested in how to add the toggle switch.

On pg 9 there is a simple sketch on how to wire it.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #974
Liam
Tampa Bay Camaros
 
Liam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 - Black
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Palm Harbor, Florida
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Hi. You may have to slightly push down on the shifter or very slightly twist it left or right to make sure the hole is lined up. Do be careful as there are only a few threads in the shifter shaft. If you still can't get it let me know and we will figure it out.
Thank you very much! That was it, I had to just press down a little to compress the o-ring, went in perfectly after that! Time for a drive!
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #975
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,902
Hi all.

I'm finishing up a job on my CNC and will be doing a short run on strut covers and coil mounts. Once completed I will be setting up for shifters again. The last group buy worked out well, this time of year machine time is limited because of my motorcycle work load so I am thinking of another group buy, same set up as last time.

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll start a list again.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAG's 2010 THRSS #2 TAG UR IT Member Car Journals 3129 08-14-2014 09:29 AM
L99 shifter with tap shift CFD Transmission / Driveline 50 07-29-2011 11:32 AM
What's up with tap shifter users fitzi7 V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) 11 01-07-2011 09:21 AM
Do you use your tapshift? ROD1 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 71 09-01-2010 09:52 AM
Hurst Billet/Plus 2 Shifter $319.95, get Skip Shift Eliminator FREE! Apex Motorsports Transmission / Driveline 22 06-15-2010 09:55 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.