Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Transmission / Driveline

Transmission / Driveline Shifters, differentials, gears, rearends, clutch

View our official forum sponsors list.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #976
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Moving along with machine work, hopefully I'll be starting on shifters by the beggining of the week. If anyone want's in let me know, I'm not sure if I can fit in another group buy for a while after this one so don't miss out.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #977
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Hi all. Here is the break down on the group buy.(see price list post #1)

(1-5) 10% off

(6-9) 15% off

(10 +) 20% off

I will keep the buy open untill I'm ready for finishing and assembly (1-2 weeks) and will give a heads up a few days in advance.

Here is the list so far

(1) CK1212
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #978
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Hi all.

Should be setting up for the shifters in another day or two, don't miss out on this group buy.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #979
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Just a reminder, don't miss out as this will most likely be the last group buy for a while.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #980
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
I will be starting the set-up and machining on the shifters tomorrow, I will keep the group buy open for about 2 weeks so if anyone wants in let me know so I can make sure I have enough for the buy and some for inventory as machine time is scarce during motorcycle season.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:31 AM   #981
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Starting set up and machining today,I have at least a full week of machining before starting prep for finishing and wll keep the group buy open untill then.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #982
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Hi all.

I'm a further along than expected and should have all machine work done in a couple of days. Anyone interested in the group buy let me know and I will refresh the list.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #983
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Hi everyone.

Machining is complete. I'll be starting the finishing process tomorrow and starting the powdercoating this weekend so if anyone else is interested in the group buy now is the best time to let me know.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #984
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Here is the updated list, only a few more days if you want to get in on it.

(1) CK1212

(2) rwoodson
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #985
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Started powdercoating today and I need to move on to other work so the group buy will end 4/7/'13 at midnight. One more day for anyone interested in the group buy.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #986
dave eckhardt
dave eckhardt seabees
 
Drives: 2012 camaro 2 LT convertible
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: pensacola,Fl.
Posts: 50
forum readers,DO NOT miss out on this deal.the carter shifter is the best mod out there.
dave eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #987
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,726
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Dollar value this is still by far and away the best mod our there. LOVE my shifter. I now am at the point where it is reflex for me to pull it all the way back and press down twice. I never drive in auto mode anymore.

Love this.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #988
Ck1212
 
Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2
Cant wait

A lot of good reviews....cant wait for this thing to come in the mail!
Ck1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #989
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Thanks everyone, I' m glad you use and like the shifters.

Keep in mind, midnight tonight is the cut off for the group buy. Turn around time will be about two days.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #990
Brilac
 
Brilac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS GFX Red Jewel Tintcoat
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 69
Thumbs up

I just took my car out of storage last week and I installed my shifter this morning. No issues at all ,instructions were perfect.Total quality workmanship. I just finished my test drive with my new shifter installed and let me say this thing is great! Button locations are comfortable,shifting was second nature. I was alittle concerned about the action of unlocking the shifter from park,but it functions with ease and absolutely no issues at all.Very comfortable and smooth to operate, Also it looks awesome in the car. Thanks!!
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=60812&dateline=1336178863 border=0 alt= />
Brilac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #991
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilac View Post
I just took my car out of storage last week and I installed my shifter this morning. No issues at all ,instructions were perfect.Total quality workmanship. I just finished my test drive with my new shifter installed and let me say this thing is great! Button locations are comfortable,shifting was second nature. I was alittle concerned about the action of unlocking the shifter from park,but it functions with ease and absolutely no issues at all.Very comfortable and smooth to operate, Also it looks awesome in the car. Thanks!!

Hi Brian.
Glad everything worked out, I had a feeling you would be ok with it.

Thanks, George
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #992
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Here is the updated list, group buy ends midnight tonight if you want to get in on it.


(1) CK1212

(2) rwoodson


(3) NH 2012 SS/RS
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #993
NH 2012 SS/RS
 
NH 2012 SS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 IBM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Goffstown, NH
Posts: 559
Could not wait to get this in my car so I drove down to George's machine shop in Mass this morning to pick it up.

Then back to NH to install it.

This was a super easy install, took about an hour total.

I use the manual mode every time I drive the car, but I have never liked the location of the tap shift, this is the way it should have come from Chevy. It is right where I like it evert time.

Highly recommend this product.


Name:  IMG_2680.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  152.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2682.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  126.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2683.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  131.5 KB
NH 2012 SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #994
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH 2012 SS/RS View Post
Could not wait to get this in my car so I drove down to George's machine shop in Mass this morning to pick it up.

Then back to NH to install it.

This was a super easy install, took about an hour total.

I use the manual mode every time I drive the car, but I have never liked the location of the tap shift, this is the way it should have come from Chevy. It is right where I like it evert time.

Highly recommend this product.


Attachment 495657

Attachment 495658

Attachment 495659

Hi Dave.

You didn't waste any time. lol. Glad you like it and thanks for the review. Hope to see you at some local events.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #995
Ck1212
 
Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 2
Thumbs up Great quality product!

Got my shifter in the mail Wed and installed it fri with ease. Shifter feels and looks like something GM made. Can't wait to take the car out of the garage and for a spin. Too bad ill have to wait another few weeks up here in Northern Ohio.

Thanks for a great upgrade George!
Ck1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #996
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ck1212 View Post
Got my shifter in the mail Wed and installed it fri with ease. Shifter feels and looks like something GM made. Can't wait to take the car out of the garage and for a spin. Too bad ill have to wait another few weeks up here in Northern Ohio.

Thanks for a great upgrade George!
Hi Chris.

Thanks and I'm glad the install went well. Let me know what you think once you have a chance to try it out. I think your gonna love it.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #997
Fish-man
SS HWSE
 
Fish-man's Avatar
 
Drives: too many to say!
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 706
Bought one used from a forum member. installed this weekend. the o-ring was not included, so i had to scrounge around. The deal with the o-ring took a while, but found one that worked and it needed to be a fairly thin ring so the thread would line up to the hole on the shifter... the thicker one I had would not squish down enough... You need a mirror to see in there to line up the hole/thread.


The other part that sucked on my car was popping the covers loose from the column... the right side of the covers was stuck together tough as heck. Felt like i was going to break shtuff.

One thing I noticed was there was some 'erosion' on the wire sleeve that goes nearest the shifter. The clearance in the console is small, and since you are shifting it, the wires have to travel and apparently rubbed on an edge... I put a couple layers of tape around that spot, but is there a better solution?

Overall I am quite happy with the shifter. Sure beats the paddles.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #998
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-man View Post
Bought one used from a forum member. installed this weekend. the o-ring was not included, so i had to scrounge around. The deal with the o-ring took a while, but found one that worked and it needed to be a fairly thin ring so the thread would line up to the hole on the shifter... the thicker one I had would not squish down enough... You need a mirror to see in there to line up the hole/thread.


The other part that sucked on my car was popping the covers loose from the column... the right side of the covers was stuck together tough as heck. Felt like i was going to break shtuff.

One thing I noticed was there was some 'erosion' on the wire sleeve that goes nearest the shifter. The clearance in the console is small, and since you are shifting it, the wires have to travel and apparently rubbed on an edge... I put a couple layers of tape around that spot, but is there a better solution?

Overall I am quite happy with the shifter. Sure beats the paddles.

Hi.

Glad you worked it out. The o-ring is a 1/16" dia. not that it does any good now. lol.

The wear on the wire loom is virtually eliminated if the wires aim forwad and then loop back to keep them towards the front of the opening. As you move the shifter back the opening narrows and this can wear the wires if not positioned as described above. Although I don't believe it is necessary, you can remove the shifter cover and file the plastic were the wires run through.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:29 AM   #999
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,762
Hi everyone. I haven't abandoned this thread lol. Between loosing a lifter/oil pump in my car and motorcycle season around the corner I've been very busy. I had a little time so started preping shifters for finishing/assembly so if anyones interested turn around time is 1-2 days from time of order to shipping.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #1000
Sftshldr
Beast Rider
 
Sftshldr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Blk/Blk 1SS Auto
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montgomery, AL.
Posts: 189
Wrinkle black with polished frame. Put me down for one. Getting Beast back from the body shop Monday with the hood/wheels/scoop mods and have broken 500 miles with spirited break-in driving. Downshifts here we come!
BTW - the Range V8 AFM Mod is everything it is said to be.
__________________

"Just looking fast is sometimes all it takes!!!"
Visit Beast's album and garage for the mod list.
Sftshldr is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAG's 2010 THRSS #2 TAG UR IT Member Car Journals 3108 Yesterday 10:58 PM
L99 shifter with tap shift CFD Transmission / Driveline 50 07-29-2011 11:32 AM
What's up with tap shifter users fitzi7 V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) 11 01-07-2011 09:21 AM
Do you use your tapshift? ROD1 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 71 09-01-2010 09:52 AM
Hurst Billet/Plus 2 Shifter $319.95, get Skip Shift Eliminator FREE! Apex Motorsports Transmission / Driveline 22 06-15-2010 09:55 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.