Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
No complaining, but another Allocation/Order question!

Hi.
Ok I know there have been many threads on this and a big hooplah about it (the IDL thread on 1/9/9) that I, like many people got caught up in it. There alot of good sources on here, I just want to know if I am on the right page.
1st. The production date has been moved to March 16, I know. The dealerships are going to get 1 v6 camaro to begin with so they can sell the cars. I completely understand this. So after these dealership v6's are filled then they start 50/50 production of ss/v6 to fill the allocations. The preorders for the allocations is between the customer and the dealer. So if you are sold a preorder on a allocated car it is up to the dealer to order your car during the allocation process and it is the customers job to make sure that happens. The allocations will be filled, which are supposed preorders within that alloted amount per dealer, by October. 1st gimme car to be in dealership by May. Cars are allocated on monthly basis. I am #6 of 8 allotments with 2 SS's ordered and me being one of them. My car should be here in somewhere from June to October.
So is this right?
2cd. If there is a 50/50 production ss/v6, will there be lot v6 cars coming with our preorders. No complaint at all, just wonder how it plays out.
For ex: @ 50/50 production even if you add the gimme dealership v6's with the rollout of our cars, by 9,000 ss/v6's there would be 3,000 extra v6's, and if you do all v6's at first to get them to dealerships you will end up with 7,000 extra v6's by the time you get the orders filled with 50/50 production. I am just wondering how it will work out. I have no complaints on this at all. If they put a bunch of v6's on the lot at the same time we are recieving our orders, then that is good for everyone.

I hope noone comes on to stir anything up. I can't wait til I get my car, just want to make sure I got my facts straight on the 1st and the 2cd I'm just curious. All help appreciated, just as long as you don't tell there is no camaro for me LOL.

Dave

Last edited by Silver Streak; 01-13-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 11VR2SSA6
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I think that trying to predict allocation from outside of GM is too dangerous and inflammatory to create a reliable or intelligent result. Unless we all have extensive GM training on allocations, ordering, or assembly line construction, we will simply not understand the answer to this question or most others regarding allocation.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I think we have to wait until the February consensus to see whats up. Hopefully we can all get our cars soon
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:49 PM   #4
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I think we have to wait until the February consensus to see whats up. Hopefully we can all get our cars soon

We're like Sgt. Schultz- "We know nothing..."

Well, that's not quite true; but what is true is that the Feb consensus will be a tell all for what's really going on. Feb 19th or 26th is what they're shooting for. At that time, a lot of questions will be answered by simply looking at the results. I know it's a little over a month and I'm pretty much out of finger nails as it is but accurately saying anything before that date is really out of the question IMO.

If you'd like me to venture a guess, yes, you will probably have your vehicle by August in my humble opinion.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 11VR2SSA6
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm beginning to think that GM informing the dealers of its manufacturing strategies has become an obstacle. We don't really need to know the V8-V6 ratio of production because all it can do is bring out those who will always complain that there are never enough of one or the other. When we should be grateful that GM is giving us information, we need to be more mature about how we take it than to respond in disappointment or anger at GM's well-organized decisions.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I'm beginning to think that GM informing the dealers of its manufacturing strategies has become an obstacle. We don't really need to know the V8-V6 ratio of production because all it can do is bring out those who will always complain that there are never enough of one or the other. When we should be grateful that GM is giving us information, we need to be more mature about how we take it than to respond in disappointment or anger at GM's well-organized decisions.
No anger here! I myself am grateful that GM has included the enthusiast as much as they have so far. I understand your point, but I didn't think I asked anything that seemed inmature or angry. There is alot of info here and I am just trying to figure out whats what. Can't wait to drive my camaro, like everyone else here. I know this has probably been addressed many times. Sorry for that! Kinda of new here and like I said, alot of info.
I can tell though that this is a sore subject LOL.
I am happy if I get my car October or earlier, if not I will still probably be happy to get it. As far as how it is done, I was just curious on opinions or facts just how it might happen. Thats all!

Dave

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11632
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote